Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket
$104
$92
Phunawa Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
$44
$45
$39
  • Breakfast included
Pacific Club Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$63
OneLoft Hotel(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$38
Trip.com
Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$44
$41
  • Breakfast included
$118
$20
$15
  • Pool
Orbitz.com
The ViiZ Vintage(Karon Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,688 results
All reviewsplunge poolgarden villamain buildingkids clubmain pooloutdoor showercoconut poolfamily villavilla gueststhe penthousemovenpick ice creampacifica restaurantbeach sideswim up baran upgradetravel agentour honeymoon
Reviewed March 8, 2014

From arrival to departure the staff here were amazing. They seemed to go out of their way to accommodate us. The only downfall was a discrepancy in the bill was was quickly rectified by them.

This hotel is huge and accommodates a lot of families. I personally did not find the children a problem. However, if you do not like to stay in child-friendly hotels I would recommend that you mention that at your time of booking so they can try to accommodate you.

The food in the hotel is of course a lot more expensive than outside the hotel. However, the food is good, but I recommend you eat outside the hotel a couple of times throughout your trip.

Another point is that the beach is over the road and the hotel does not provide an area on the beach for its guests. Therefore, if you want to relax in a beach chair on the sand, you will need to pay the owners of the chairs (very cheap). Of course, you could always lay on the sand for free!

In general, I liked this hotel. It's in a quiet area with enough going on to entertain you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elly B
hansPhuket, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

We sincerely thank you for your kind endorsement of the resort. Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and recommendations. We sincerely look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Upon arrival in the ealy hours of the morning we were met by a cheerful porter who presented us with flowers and immediatly helped us with our bags. Check in despite the early hour was quick, courtous and pleasent. Upon first entering the room I thiought the floor was dirty however they have used a rustic type tile that has natural discoloration in it. I had the same thought about the coffee cups in the room as each had a flaw in the bottom of it.

The room was very nice, clean and spacious and had a view of the extensive grounds of the hotel and the ocean. The ocean is actually across the street from the hotel and not part of the hotel proper.

The hotel is very nice and on the whole the staff are extremly pleasent. I would recomend the hotel except for two things. All of the Thai staff on reception are extremly helpful, however there is one Russian lady who is extremly unhelpful and rude. On checkout the porters sttod by and watched us struggle down a long winding ramp with our bags and never offered to help. Instead when we were near the bottom one of them rushed up, blocked our path and demanded the checkout ticket that showed we had paid our hotel bill. I asked him to help us with our bags to the bottom of the ramp, however he just stood there and tried to snatch the ticket from my hand. This is a great hotel and it is a shame that two members of the staff destroyed all of the good work of the other staff, who on the whole make you feel like a valued guest. I would stay at this hotel again, however I would avoid the Russian lady and the evening porter at all costs as they atre both just rude.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kglowery

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent experience whilst staying with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket.

About the service that you experienced at the front desk, it is obviously frustrating to learn that the hospitality service from our staff did not happen. We will review and monitor our staff’s attitude to make sure that all our associates are delivering to our guests the level of service matching the customer focused training that they all received. This is our ongoing commitment to ensure our guests of our best attentions at all times.

After investigating the issue outlined from your feedback upon your departure date, I fully agree, this was not handled professionally but this may cause of the level of English of Thai people unfortunately, not all of our local staff is fully proficient in English. I have passed on your comments to Director of Rooms. Please be assured that corrective measures will be taken, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Again, thank you for your valuable comments. We depend on our guests to let us know when there is a breakdown in the first class service we strive to maintain. We hope that you will choose the Phuket Yacht Club and give us an opportunity to restore your opinion of our service and facilities.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

When we first arrived at this hotel we were impressed by the lobby. It's really quite lovely, a lady was playing an instrument (assume its a traditional thai instrument) and we received welcome drinks and a cold face washer etc.

We were informed we had been given a free upgrade to a garden deluxe villa (from the ocean view room), free upgrade, cool right? But we had booked this hotel over another paying an additional $1000 AUD due to it having "ocean views" so I could feed our three month old daughter with a bit of privacy from in the room or balcony and have something pretty to look at. However our upgraded room was facing a path right outside the coconut pool, so had to keep the curtains closed to maintain privacy. We did ask to see the room we booked but only a twin was available that night. we could have changed the next night, but my husband didn't like that room either. We looked into other options of upgrading to a 1 bedroom suite, but with that costing. $500-700 AUD I was unwilling to throw any more money at this hotel. Bitterly disappointed would be the best description of how I felt.

Praise where it is due however, the gardens and lobby are beautiful and the staff lovely, especially the two housekeeping ladies who cleaned our room every day.

But this hotel felt like a trap for me, where I was stuck in a dark old and dated room while feeding my child (she eats often 8-13 times a day). And when I wanted to take her for a walk around the grounds I was restricted in where I could go due to very very bad accessibility for prams!!!!

The gym was also in poor repair both the upright and recumbent bike need urgent servicing and the elliptical was "out of service" during our stay.

I honestly wish we went somewhere else or just went home and skipped our 9 days here. Another two days to go and I'm over it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Alison B
hansPhuket, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your time in posting your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation in regards to the room. As you found our rooms to dark, this may have been the influence of the traditional dark Thai deco style, and therefore did not meet your overall expectation. Believe that you have been contacted by our manager at that time and our team have reported to us on your comments that caused inconvenience. Besides the room which was booked we offer a wide choice of room types including various types of villas and suites. Should your travels bring you back to Phuket we would be glad to assist you with a reservation arranging for a room more to your liking. I have also taken note of the outdated equipments at the fitness center and have instructed our Recreation Manager who will take your comment seriously . The action is being made now to rectify these failings. Thank you again for bringing them to our attention.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We went to the Movenpick Karon Beach for the first week of January. Booked a family suite as had read that people thought it was a bit of squash in other rooms with two kids. The family suite accommodates 6 people FYI so we could have brought a set of grandparents along if we'd known (there's a set of bunkbeds off the living room). Two huge bathrooms (2 indoor and 2 outdoor showers), 3 giant flatscreen TVs, a massive living room and an outdoor patio area that would easily accommodate a party of 10+ seemed a tad OTT for a family of four (kids aged 7 and 10). We loved the space though.

We had the choice of the villa residences or main hotel restaurants for the (very good) buffet breakfasts and our suite was no more than 30 seconds walk from the spa. The hotel's location is superb - out the back is the busy Patak Road with seemingly endless cheap massages (£10 for a full body massage for an hour) and bargain priced food on offer. Out the front and along the beach are slightly more classy massage joints and nicer restaurants. Karon beach itself is gorgeous, miles of soft golden white sand and a great view of the sunset as it's west facing.

I'm taking a point off this hotel as we were supposed to have a Playstation in our room which never arrived despite asking at reception. The hotel cleaners were faultless and the staff were super friendly. The main pool has a swim up bar where you can order icy cold beers and expensive icecream. There are lots of activities in the kids club to keep the under 10s happy but it's worth get a taxi up the hill to the Dino Park and play mini golf for an hour or two. Would recommend doing an island hopping day trip while you're in Phuket too.

One thing I was surprised about was that most of the people who were at this hotel were grumpy Russians. It's hard to be grumpy in this beautiful location but they managed it!

Room Tip: Family suite near the spa
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank kaybar007

Many thanks for your review. Regarding your comment about the PlayStation in room, this was a decision that we had taken in view of the low demand but available on request. What mostly disappoints me is the lack of attention and response that you seem to have experienced when trying to communicate with our Front Desk Staff. It might have given you the impression that we do not deliver on the usual superior Moevenpick standards of service. I have passed on your comments to Director of Rooms. Please be assured that corrective measures will be taken.

We are pleased to learn that you have otherwise enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you again to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket in the near future

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel is really good. Breakfast really nice as well but the shower was the only down side. And the check out time supposed to be negotiable, they gave us extra hour. Not really a good deal. Overall the resort has a beautiful swim pool, nice restaurants and pricey. Our room, ocean view, had one of the best views we've ever seen...

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sabrina L

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent experience whilst staying with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket.

It is a pleasure to learn that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment in regards to the quality of the shower has been noted and will establish the necessary repair for a permanent improvement.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you again to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket should your travels bring you back to Phuket.