Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
3,665 results
All reviewsplunge poolgarden villamain buildingkids clubmain pooloutdoor showercoconut poolfamily villavilla gueststhe penthousemovenpick ice creampacifica restaurantbeach sideswim up baran upgradetravel agentour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Love staying here, it is our first time. Staff are just wonderful, so friendly and helpful. There are five in our family we had the interconnecting one bedroom penthouse rooms with a plunge pool it works really well. Room was very clean and tidy. Sadly the weather has not been the best we have had a lot of rain subsequently one of our rooms had a leak.
After a quick call to reception to let them know I had the manager call me back, come and meet me and show me to our new rooms if we wanted to change rooms!
We are now in a two bedroom suite and I'm totally impressed!
Will be coming back here for sure, we still have two nights left and we will enjoy eating at one of the yummy restaurants that are here. Best wood fire pizzas ever!
I'm quite a fussy clean freak person this place just ticks all the boxes for me!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
hansPhuket, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and for choosing Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach as your place to stay over your recent visit to Phuket.

I was very pleased to read that you and your family appreciated our services and facilities and enjoyed your visit in our hotel.

All of us at Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket hope that you had a safe journey back home and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our beautiful Resort.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had another great trip here.
Our 2nd time staying here. First time we stayed in the Residence's and this time we had a 2 bedroom Family Villa, which was very very nice and more Thai than the Residences. Our first week was quiet and not many people around - very nice, then it started to really get busy and the pool was like a crèche!! 2 kids had to be rescued from the bottom of the 3m deep pool, as their dur-brain parents, dumped them at the pool and went out for the day! Really!!?!?
But aside from that, we had a wonderful stay at the Moevenpick. Great location, quiet, family friendly resort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TASfromAUS

We sincerely thank you for your kind endorsement of the resort, and for visiting us again this year. We will look forward to your return in a not too distant future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My second time staying in this property. First time I stayed was in the normal garden view rooms. Extremely dated rooms in desperate need of upgrade. Second time I travelled by my parents and daughter, I booked sea view rooms and paid for an upgrade to the apartments, glad I made the decision cos the sea view rooms were still so dated and cramped. The 2 bedroom gave us more space, my toddler enjoyed the running around. We stayed on the ground floor but that was ok as the beach looked so near and we enjoyed looking at the sea from our balcony.

We swam in both the apartment pool and main pool. The main pool was much more fun. Breakfast was decent and we ate lunch quite often at the restaurant too. The Brazilian buffet dinner was good too.

Movenpick is situated in a good location of karon beach. We could find food and booked our tours easily. However karon beach itself feels tired. The shops and restaurants need a rejuvenation.

Overall this hotel is easily a favourite and I do agree on the waiting around to get rooms ready. This aspect could be improved on, But the property has wonderful gardens as well. We even saw squirrels ! And yes the spa is good. U pay slightly more than the shops outside but feel so re-energised.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pinny83
hansPhuket, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent experience whilst staying with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket and we would also like to thank you for your continuing loyalty to our hotel.

It's great to learn that you appreciated the resort facilities and environment, and that you and family enjoyed your stay with us again. I have taken note of your comments in regards to the shop and restaurants which is greatly appreciated and will help us to improve our service and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We've stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in March 2012 with my wife and son.One thing we never regret was to take upon arrival by proposal of receptionist an upgrade from the standard room to a 2 bedroom apartment located in the separated area of the hotel.apart from nice apartment itself including big kitchen where we could cook seafood ourselves, the area has a separate very nice swimming pool with a stunning view on the Siam gulf. Watching sunset from the pool with a glass of mohito was an unforgettable experience.Also this area of few bungalows with apartments was the closest to the beach - just about 50 meters across the road which did not bother us at all, as we could not hear any noise from it.

The hotel offers good buffet breakfast. For dinner it does not make much sense to stay in the hotel as you have a big choice of different restaurants with local and European food for more friendly
prices along Karon beach.for kids you have kids room where you can leave your children from 4 years old for the time you would need to spend for yourself. Also you could find some kids entertainments at the main pool.
So a good hotel for a family especially if you spend some more money for upgrade to an apartment area.

Room Tip: Apartments in villa area
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dmitry S

Thank you for posting a review on Trip advisor following your stay at Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach. I am delighted to learn that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and that you thoroughly enjoyed the service and facilities offered at the resort. Many thanks for your appraisal and we hope you do return to Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent two nights at the Movenick and enjoyed the lush grounds and the pools, which are great. The food was good too. The hotel staff was very friendly and took great care of us. Yes, as other reviews state the hotel is a bit dated---both the lobby and the rooms feel ready for a makeover. The air conditioning in our room also wasn't very effective. Internet was provided at no cost, but if you wanted faster internet you had to pay $15 USD a day for it (!!!). 450 Baht!~ I fully believe now that all hotels should be required to state the speed of their free internet and the costs to upgrade---in their website and not make it a surprise upon arrival.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravelerAsia

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to write on your concerns regarding your recent stay at Moevenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach. I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff, and environment that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us.

In fact, room renovation is presently in process as well as an increased repair and maintenance program, your comment is greatly appreciated and will help us to improve our service and facilities.

Regarding the internet/WIFI charges, we are doing an internet/WIFI price comparison with other hotels and see that we are in line with other properties. However we will look into this matter.

May I take this opportunity to assure you that we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service and it is my sincere hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting our resort next time you are in Phuket.