Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket
Phunawa Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$107
$103
Agoda.com
Mandarava Resort and Spa(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$93
Agoda.com
Pacific Club Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$74
$66
$56
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$45
$38
  • Breakfast included
$120
Agoda.com
OneLoft Hotel(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$56
$33
$25
$16
  • Beachfront
The ViiZ Vintage(Karon Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,669 results
All reviewsplunge poolgarden villamain buildingkids clubmain pooloutdoor showercoconut poolfamily villavilla gueststhe penthousemovenpick ice creampacifica restaurantbeach sideswim up baran upgradetravel agentour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just returned from family holiday (one week in Laguna area and then the second week at Moevenpick at Karon). We travelled with our two girls (8yrs and 4 yrs). They absolutely loved the main pool and the water slide at the resort. They didnt spend a lot of time in kids club but it looked great - lots of space, great staff, well run and organised. We are use to kids clubs opening at night time so you can pop them in while we have dinner. It closed at 7pm which was disappointing as we would have used it quite a lot if open in the evenings. We did organise a babysitter one night who was one of the kids club staff (Minnie) - she was wonderful!

The pools, gardens and general areas are really beautiful. It is a BIG resort and was busy when we were there but you never felt crowded. We were always able to get a pool bed, table at breakfast, restaurants etc. We ordered room service a few times and it was quick and tasty.

The staff were professional, efficient and friendly.

The restaurants are overpriced as per most resorts and we mixed it up by eating in resort sometimes and then out on the street. The food and service at El Gaucho's and Oriental Asia (in resort restaurants) was excellent. We were not impressed with the food quality, service,price and choice at the "Sand Bar" which was disappointing as it is a beautiful restaurant and a lovely spot to sit/eat/drink and for the kids to move around. Basically only pizzas on offer though which were pretty ordinary.

The breakfast buffet was great - one of the best I have seen in Asian hotels.

Location of the resort is great. Plenty of shopping, restaurants, mini markets, massages directly outside the resort and a stroll across the road to the beach. We were fortunate to get some lovely weather (for wet season) - and thoroughly enjoyed the beach. Water and sand were clean and beach wasnt overly crowded.

We were disappointed with our room but I am on the fussy side and really like some space when I travel with the kids for 2 weeks. We had also been spoiled the week before in an enormous 2 bedroom apartment which was going to make any hotel after that look ordinary. So you may choose to ignore the following little gripes if you dont spend a lot of time in your room.

We stayed in a one bedroom garden suite. This had a king bed in the bedroom and then they converted the lounge into a bed (1 kid) and added a roll away (2nd child) for the kids to sleep on in what would normally be a 'living' room. I thought the room was a bit tired and dark. Also did not have any privacy. We felt like we were all tripping over each other and the beds. We could not get out of the balcony doors because they were closed off by the rollaway and there was very little storage for clothes (and we did not have much!). So if you are travelling with two kids or more, I would look at one of the two bedroom suites or residences if the budget allows just to make things a little more comfortable.

Overall, we would return to Moevenpick but will stay in a different room style next time. Great resort for families and we had a beautiful holiday there. IT was our first time staying in the Karon area and we were impressed with the area. A nice alternative if you want to avoid the craziness of Patong but still want some shopping etc close by.

Happy travelling!

Room Tip: The resort covers a lot of ground, so decide what you want to be close to and request a room in that vicinity (eg close to main pool/reception/beach). We were close to the beach which was great but a bit of a walk to and from the pool/breakfast etc. Not a big deal at all for us but it may be for some (esp with little kids).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ren1970
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We spent 5 nights in the very nice Residence section of the resort. Couldn't fault the rooms. Excellent for our 2 kids. Pools great. Kids club excellent. We found the food was very nice eating at all the restaurants and only eating out once. Breakfast a highlight and in particular the staff who helped organise a tray of breakfast for my wife who was looking after our unwell son in the room. Great holiday and would recommend it - especially the residence.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our family of 5 have just returned from a fantastic 10 days at Moevenpick Bang Tao (north of Patong). Our travel agent chose the resort for us and did a wonderful job. We were beautifully welcomed by the staff and taken to a 2 bedroom villa with our own plunge pool/spa facing the beach. The rooms were spacious and clean. Our breakfasts were included and we not disappointing to say the least. One of the best full breakfasts we've ever had. The staff, again, extremely cheery, helpful and friendly. We didn't need lunch and for dinner we ate at Moevenpick, Lotus (just across the road on the beach - you need to book), Toto Italian Restaurant (into town about 5 mins away). We were able to grab essentials (milk, cheese, weetbix, bananas -snack for the teenagers!). We used the bikes nearly every day from the resort to ride around the Laguna area, to the supermarket, and for my 5 massages at Relax Massage (about 100 metres past Bake bread/coffee shop). The massage I had a Moevenpick was expensive but absolutely fantastic. I believe Surin Beach has some quaint little shops which I found out about on the last morning. Apparently the Lemongrass Factory is an absolute must and they have a small outlet in Surin - next time! There is also a larger supermarket called Tësco - you need to get a taxi there (maybe 200baht each way and the driver will wait for you). About 10mins from the resort. Also up that way are various laundry facilities. We found the resort too expensive and were able to drop off a load or two - so cheap. We were glad to be away from Patong as my husband and children went down for a couple of hours and needed to get back in a hurry!!!
We will be heading back to the amazing resort in the near future. I would highly recommend Moevenpick Bang Tao to anyone.

3  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We booked Moevenpick thru a travel agent not having any idea about the resort or position. We couldn't have asked for anything better. We stayed in a villa with a plunge pool and found the resort and staff just beautiful. Rooms were spotless (and I am extremely fussy), beds turned down while we were out for tea with a little orchid on our pillow. Would not hesitate to family and friends

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in October/November 2011. We booked a plunge pool villa and were AMAZED at check in when they had upgraded us to a Private Residence!
It was so lush, we stayed for 11 days total and for the first 7 days of our stay we had the 11 metre infinity pool in the private residence area all to ourselves!!

The beach is so close, you just walk across the street less than 20 metres and you are there.
The view is amazing!

Even though there is a street between the beach and the hotel and you see trucks etc, its entertaining and busy and its nice to see the culture. It is not noisy at all, we were never disturbed in our room, everything was amazingly sound proof.

The shower and bathroom are huge with a separate bath.

The room was cleaned daily to exceptional standards. We never had a problem while we were there. The staff were all so polite, willing to help, informative and friendly.

The buffet breakfast WOW, I have never seen so much food and variety. This was my first overseas trip and everything was just sensational about our stay/experience.

Such a beautiful romantic restort, not many children there when we stayed BUT it is definately a child friendly resort, whilst still allowing a great party atmosphere for friends and a great romantic getaway for couples. There is enough space and separation within Movenpick, Karon Beach that you can feel completely alone, or surrounded by everyone and everything during your stay, its totally up to you whether you want a secluded holiday or a fun experienc with everyone at their resort.

Oh, and the ice cream... AMAZING!

If I could rate my experience at Movenpick a 10 out of 5, I certainly would!

Oh and the spa, sure, its more expensive than the local massage shops on the street, but I thoroughly enjoyed my massage, so did my partner and it was a lovely experience.

I was 21 and my partner (male) 30 at the time of travel. Definately suitable for all ages.

Room Tip: Private Residence amazing! Quiet and HUGE!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple