All reviews bathroom suite rooftop bar pool area suitable for families breakfast buffet visit phuket family holiday shuttle service thai food karon resort kitchenette taxis stairs massage bustle
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 10 days on a family holiday. As with some previous reviews, the place does need a bit of attention to bring it to 4 star status. Nothing too drastic, a coat of paint type stuff. The pool at times looked uninviting, water would often look murky, pumps weren't working etc. I kept out of it after a few days, kids didn't and unfortunately 2 of them got sick. Lounge chairs and umbrellas were old and or broken, simply not good enough. Couldn't believe seeing the tiled area around the pool being cleaned with a high pressure hose and the dirty grime and run-off finding its way into the pool water!!!! Enough of the bad stuff though. The resort is in a quiet area and had a relaxing vibe, the gardens excellent and well maintained. Our 2 bedroom apartment was ok apart from the poor quality pillows. Housekeeping , wifi, breakfast all very good. Staff were mostly courteous and helpful. With a bit attention it could be a very good resort. If you can get a bargain price stay, if not there are probably better choices around the area.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank nickred2019
The Phunawa R, Manager at Phunawa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your holiday experience here at the hotel. I do apologize for your convenience

Reviewed August 3, 2016

My family of 4 stayed here for one week in December 2015. The rooms were clean and simple which I appreciated and the shower was nice and spacious. My mother and I loved the hotel's massage parlour, which was always very clean and professional.

However, this is where my praise for this resort stops. The breakfast buffet was so bland, compared to other phuket resorts, with no variety and alternatives during the week. It was observed that the chefs that cooked the eggs at the breakfast station would only say "Good Morning!" to western guests while ignoring the asian/chinese guests. This happened all the time. As an Australian with Chinese background, I found this deeply insulting.

The pool that surrounds the restaurant looked murky and dirty. This is unfortunate, especially when you're wanting to escape the heat, because the nearest beach is about a 15-20 minute walk up and down hills.

All in all, this resort was 'alright'. The rooms were nice and clean. Everything else was borderline average.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

We are a family of 5 and the 2 bed suite is very convenient as we have a 7, 4 and 10 mth old. The rooms are spacious but in need of a refurb. The shower goes cold so we have to use the ensuite which is a bit annoying. The kitchen has barely any cooking facilities but that may not bother most. The pool area spa is green with algae but the actual pool is clear and blue. Breakfast is nice with friendly staff who kindly braided my daughters hair. The whole place just needs a paint, refurb and a bit of tlc.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jade G
The Phunawa R, Manager at Phunawa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Stayed from 14th July to 19th July in Junior Suite. Staff was friendly but has serious problems in speaking and understanding English!! And this caused few problems for us e.g. shower never worked properly, either only cold water or hot water came out of it and the guy could not understand the problem for 4 days!!

Another major setback was when there was electricity break down in Karon for couple of hours during one night and there was no generator and hence there was no water in washrooms as well soon!! The guy at reception could not explain if resort has a generator or not!

Since the hotel is at hill, it should arrange shuttle every hour to Karon instead of running it for twice or thrice a day!! Coming back to hotel (on foot) is indeed a tough job!!

Room tip: Junior suite is good choice with pool view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank irfanahmad2016

Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us ,We was extremely sorry to know that you did not experience the service that you expected. As you may have realized that our resort was unexpected services have been faced when you stayed with us. I do apologize all about services.

Best regards

Reviewed July 19, 2016

I was recommended here by the Mandarava who had made a mistake with my room booking and suggested this hotel (opposite theirs). THIS IS NOT A 4 STAR HOTEL - many stairs to rooms (I have copd) not non smoking as booked, on a hill, basically an apartment. I told them not happy with room but have kept my money. I have now had to pay much more for another hotel and a taxi charge to get there as I could not spend 1 night there. I'm not letting this drop. I trusted the Mandarava recommendation and now I am severely out of pocket and no one will take responsibility. Disgusting - I cannot stress enough DO NOT GO HERE! I will update any refund but until then please DO NOT waste your money.

Room tip: Do not go here
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Dash052

Dear Ms.Sandie Dashper,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us ,We was extremely sorry to know that you did not experience the service that you expected and sorry to see that our room was not quite what you wanted but rest assured we do refurbish on a regular basis and we are certainly a very solid 4 star resort . As you may have realized that our resort was unexpected services have been faced when you stayed with us. I do apologize all about services.
Regarding for your inquiry about the money have paid for accommodation 1 Night so could you please re-check your account once again because the staff they have cancelled for your payment in the same day

Best regards