“This is Heaven!”
Excellent
Pool Spires
BBQ
View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Miami, Florida
“This is Heaven!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

It was love at first sight, after seeing the pictures of what would become our home away from home. I knew that Outes was a village, small, out of the way, and that the house was beautiful, but no one else in our group knew.
My brother had rented another renovated farm house in Roo de Abaixo, just a five minute walk from Casa del Piloto. We arrived late at night on the Eve of Saint John, there was a big celebration in every town and village near the ocean. Rupert was waiting for us and led us to our beautiful restored home. This was heaven!!!
My poor brother could not find his home, we had to ask Rupert to help us find our way. Well at night nothing seems the way it is, specially after driving almost six hours from San Sebastian. My brother and his family were not happy, they wanted to leave the next morning. And then... something magical happened, my brother's neighbors welcomed him to Outes with so much love his family started to see the beauty in this village and its people. The next morning we went to visit my brother and met his lovely neighbors, Manuela, Carmen and Fita, they invited us to their home. Manuela's family has been in Outes for several generations. Next thing we know we are walking out of Fita's home with a pot of Caldo Gallego for Lunch!!
Every morning the "panadero" (the baker) would honk his horn alerting you fresh baked bread was awaiting. I knew that my brother and his family were going to be happy!
Casa del Piloto is a beautiful renovated home with all the essentials to fall in love with Life, Spain and your family. For four nights we celebrated life, cooked delicious meals, had dinner under the starry nights of Galicia and dance the night away. Unfortunately the pool was to cold but it was a beautiful sight to see. We had a creek and a forest down our path, which we walked every morning.

Outes is only 30 minute drive to Santiago, 30 minute drive to the beaches of Noia and Muros. Galicia is so beautiful that it does not matter in what direction you drive you will find a piece of heaven.

Rupert and Maria have done a wonderful job in restoring this old home, which at one point in its history belonged to Manuela's grandfather. We plan to go back with all our grand children and rent both homes Casa del Piloto and Casa Roo, both homes renovated by Rupert and Maria. Thank you for making your home our home!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The starry nights and dinner on the outside table.
Liked least: I loved everything!
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Bogeybob4...
Outes
“The Best”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Decree:
For the excellent work in restoration, for your attention to detail and the comfort of your guests, be it known that you have been bestowed the title of Knight with all the privileges accorded the title. I congratulate you Sir Rupert for a job well done.

The King of Outes

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property is a beautifully restored farmhouse with modern amenities.
Liked least: This doesnt even come into play
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Maidstone

Reviewed December 12, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway
VA
Reviewed December 11, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Dublin
Reviewed December 11, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing