“Good for Business”

Qgat Restaurant, Events & Hotel
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed twice now. The hotel has done a good job of providing a boutique feel despite being in an industrial area. The rooms are bright and airy and decently equipped with modern contemporary fixtures and furniture.

The Restaurant has a nice selection of food that was well prepared and there is a nice terrace. The breakfast choice has everything you would need.

location wise it's near to a lot of big companies and is well located for HP and some other big companies. There is plenty of parking and it's 45 minutes from the airport. There is a big shopping complex with only a two minute walk, it's open late and there are a number of fast food outlets including the obligatory Mc Donald's and Burger King as well as some more varied choices so if you arrive at an odd time as I did your not stuck!

They really could do with some decent tea making facilities for the weary British Traveller - it was difficult to get some milk sachets/jiggers so I made sure I got some from elsewhere.

Room Tip: The suites are much nicer than the rooms, a good size table for working on a night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 14, 2013

A great location for Hewlett Packard "Barcelona" and several other company offices. A strange layout but pleasing to the eye with a nice small bar off reception. My room was a suite, very modern and spacious but watch out for the bed frame on way to the bathroom. It extends beyond the mattress and 3 times I caught my shin!
Watch for price variations. Even though we have a company rate I was advised I need contact hotel directly for best rate! info@qgat.net apparently

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed on a Sunday for a conf on Monday in the hotel. I really liked the rooms and could not fault them on anything. The rest is closed on Sunday evenings which was a pain and there wasn't much on offer - in the end we were offered a green salad and soup which was Luke warm. Service in catalunia tends to be poor but the staff in this hotel were surprisingly friendly and helpful ( albeit slow at check in.)Very refreshing! Breakfast had everything you could want from fruit, scrambled eggs, yogurts, breads etc - I would stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I normally like the What, a quiet, well equipped hotel.
During this stay, I had room 23, communication door with room 24 was left open...soap of previous customer remained in the shower and towels were so new that they did dry your skin properly.
Food was reason able. Breakfast not offering enough variety.
I was disappointed by this stay as my memories of previous stays were very different.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Mireia E, Director General at Qgat Restaurant, Events & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Sir
we are sorry to hear that your experience this time was not as grateful as formerly. We invite you to come back and we will make sure to exceed your expectations. I have to say that the room you stayed at is a new one, and that our maids had just opened the communicating doors for the first time the previous day for a family. As this is a newly refurnished area, and this are the only communicating we have, I admit they forgot to close them. Thanks to you , this will not happen again.
As per the rest, I am surprised you were not crazy about our food, as we are experiencing becoming "THE" restaurant in our area, and our food quality and experience is becoming very very popular. We have opened a new bar and is becoming very successful. So please let me know on your next visit, we will for sure make sure you are hosted like a repeater guest deserves.
Many thanks for your inputs,
Best Regards
MIREIA ESCUDE
DIRECTOR - QGAT

Reviewed July 12, 2012

After a 12h hot working day, what you may dream is a fresh shower and a cocktail at the terrace, before a nice dinner, but...
I didn't expect to wait 20' at the check-in, because there was a group of ten people just arrived and there was only one receptionist (very kind indeed !).
I didn't expect to hear for the 1st time in my life the word "overbooking" at the check-in of a hotel (unfortunately, I heard it a couple of times at the check-in of a flight !).
I didn't expect to be transferred by car into a flat 2Km far from the hotel, instead of a confortable room upstairs.
I didn't expect to not be able to communicate because in the flat there wasn't a wifi connection (as in the hotel) but a nice Ethernet cable, completely useless for my tablet (without that interface !).
I didn't expect to do my toilet in the morning quickly because the hotel driver rang the door bell twice (probably he didn't wish to spend so much time with a stupid guest like me...).
I didn't expect to not be able to brush my teeth, as I usually do after the breakfast (quite good indeed), because I was afraid to ask to the driver to bring me back to the flat.
So, in so few hours, too many (bad) surprises. It's a shame beacuse the hotel sounds good.

1  Thank Aldo051
Mireia E, Director General at Qgat Restaurant, Events & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Sir
at Qgat we understand that waiting at the front desk for check in is an inconvenience and we do fondly apologize for it.
I, the hotel manager, personally drove you to the available apartment we could offer you when we realized that aparently there was no reservation for you at our hotel introduced in our system. So a new reservation on a fully booked day.
We made sure you were confortably settled at our brand new apartments for long stays, and made arrangements with your Spanish colleagues so you were picked up for dinner. We felt we had done a good job with the sudden problem that arised after your reservation was not in our system and our hotel was fully booked.

What we did not know until the day after, when after a busy night at the hotel , the receptionist had time to investigate, is that your original reservation made by yourself through our website engine (siron) was for one month earlier.
So on the reservation date, we were waiting for you, we had a no show at our hotel, and we invoiced you for it on your credit card, as this was the date your reservation was effectuated and existing in our system.

We just want to give you an explanation and make clear that it was not our fault not to have space for you at our hotel, as our hotel was fully booked and yours was a non expected reservation, made directly by yourself or your offices for a different date.

Even so, we found our new fully furnished apartments and we could solve your night's accomodation, stuffed the apartment's fridge with drinks and sent you a car the next day for pick up , at no cost.

We are really proud of our services with a non expected circumstance and even more not being to blame for a mistaken date. We expect you back at our hotel , Best Regards
MIREIA ESCUDE QGAT RESTAURANT EVENTS AND HOTEL MANAGER

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel is typically full of business people visiting their local P&G office and is pretty basic but economic so those on a tight expense account it's just for you. Check in is easy enough and is next to the bar for the thirsty amongst you. The rooms are box like and my room was at level -1 which after coming out of the lift I arrived in a dark corridor. After stumbling about the detector woke up and the lights went on. I found my room and was faced with the usual expense account functional room, small desk, rather odd glass box shower and toilet, which for the larger of you may be a bit of a struggle. The bed was ok and the tv showed the usual basic selection of local and CNN so not much to keep you in.
So after unpacking up to the bar which was like a cemetry with lights and no one about, eventually some one shuffled up to get a couple of beers. The next enquiry was about dinner, ah said the night man the restarant is closed on Mondays and the local town has about one place open on a Monday, so if your there on a Monday make sure you pack a sandwich. Bed and pillows were 6.5 out of ten. Breakfast was basic, the scrambled eggs cold so stick to the hams and jams and some basic fruit.
If your looking for an economy expense account hotel it's great but take a book and some sandwiches if you arrive on a Monday.

1  Thank Mark B
Mireia E, Gerente at Qgat Restaurant, Events & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Mr Mark,
thanks for your comment on Tripadvisor, Any comments are always good to us and we really learn from them, so thanks again.
You are right we are a business hotel in the week, but we intend to be a boutique hotel on the weekends. We consider our rooms are design rooms, and we do have some new superior standard rooms with glass bathrooms which you stayed in. We will upgrade you on your next visit to thank your comments on our premises.
I would like to make clear about Monday night, which seems you had a quiet experience. We do have open our second restaurant on Monday nights I do apologize if our receptionist on duty did not indicate you well or one of our waiters, in fact I am trying to find out who dealt with you. We have a menu and some tapas choices . Monday can be quiet due to being the start of week and it is true our busiest nights are Tuesdays and Wednesdays but lately our Mondays have been fully booked, so you never know in this industry. We depend on our executive clients travel plans and agendas of course.
Regarding breakfast, I have talked to our waiter on duty and we do have care to have our hot surface always on on breakfast for sausages and eggs. We do consider we have a full breakfast buffet offer, but would thank your input on other items which we would be very happy to include. (our buffet includes fruit, dried fruits, ham cheese yogurts, milk juices, coffee , teas, toast, sausages and eggs, and we also do halal breakfast for any clients requesting it, as well as gluten free selection.)
Again thanks for sharing your imnpressions we us, we do look forward welcoming you again
Best Regards
MIREIA ESCUDE
Qgat Restaurant Events & Hotel

Reviewed November 18, 2011

A two night business trip, with a bit of confusion at the start, quickly and efficiently sorted out. Good food and a convenient spot for business, perhaps a bit far from Barcelona city centre if that is the main reason for going.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Hotel Sant Cugat
Hotel Sant Cugat
#3 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
BlueBay City Barcelona Sant Cugat
BlueBay City Barcelona Sant Cuga...
#5 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
H2 Sant Cugat
H2 Sant Cugat
#6 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sant Cugat
Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sa...
#2 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
1 mi away
Park Sedo Benstar Hotel Group

Been to Qgat Restaurant, Events & Hotel? Share your experiences!