“Very good Japanese restaurant”
Review of Sugoi

Sugoi
Reserve with
Sugoi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2016

In my opinion, the Sugoi restaurant located in the town of Sant Cugat del Valles (Barcelona) offers a type of excellent Japanese cuisine, preparing both traditional and modern dishes like salmon sashimi or salmon and uramakis chopped onion in three textures. His cuisine expresses the high Japanese cuisine and snacks to make a pleasant gastronomic journey. The menu is quite extensive and varied.
I have been there about 6 or 7 times and every time I left happy.
The restaurant is rather small but very well used with a decoration without fanfare but that looks the most at night, with their lights the warmth of home. It fuses the most authentic woods with art materials; lights built origami, windows that connect the outside with the inside and especially good Feng shui.
The exquisite cuisine of Sugoi combines Japanese genius with ingredients from Catalonia.
Razor-shells sauteed with Japanese mushrooms and sesame vinaigrette and Galician seafood stand out among the delicacies they served to whet your appetite while his tataki bull, snow peas and caramelized onions in soy and yakimeshi of sea cucumbers, smoked eel and mushrooms glow with own light between the main restaurant Sugoi. Not to mention his cellar, full of white and red national, French and mainly Catalans.
To finish, try their passion fruit Tiramisu, relax and appreciate gins or teas.
The meal is not cheap, but neither seems expensive relative to the high level of raw material offering and its execution so good in all dishes.
I will recommend it without hesitation.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed March 31, 2016

My daughter and I got Sugoi to go the other day. As she goes to bed early it stayed in the car (only for a bit) and then the fridge until the evening. She really wanted japanese for dinner but honestly after sitting the entire afternoon I thought it would be quite bad.....was I wrong!! It was delicious and fresh despite the wait. I can't even imagine what it would have been like right out of the kitchen. By far the best take away japanese I have ever had...and I have had ALOT! Bravo Sugoi!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed December 30, 2015

I cannot count the number of times I have been here. Every time, I walk out satisfied.
The dishes are always served with the same care and attention to detail. They make an effort to innovate and always use very high quality ingredients.

The wine list is excellent. Especially if you like Riesling with Japanese food, you will agree. I would like to be able to order Riesling by the glass :-).

Occasionally, I have heard comments from friends that this place is good, but expensive. I could not disagree more. When I have lunch/dinner at a restaurant, I want to walk out with a smile on my face. This restaurant achieves just that...Every time. Therefore, I cannot comment on the prices, because I don't think it is relevant.

Well done guys. See you again soon!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed September 5, 2015 via mobile

Whilst food is tasty and reasonably priced, that's all this restaurant has to offer.

Unfortunately it's one of these places where one gets the feeling that the customer is the least important figure in the room: when booking a table you'll be bound to select a very specific timing and there will be no table-choosing albeit having an empty room to yourselves. Walk-in's however seem to have a better experience.

Not likely to find us or our friends there anytime soon until they step it up a notch.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

The best Japanese outside of Barcelona. A bit pricey but worth the quality, even the Barça players dine here . A great place.

Average: 35€ /person