“Lovely rooms”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tarajalejo
West Bromwich
“Lovely rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have just spent a week at this hotel, lovely reception staff and a very happy young lady in the hotel shop... Rooms are spacious and modern, we had a pool view but wished we had spent our money and upgraded to a sea view room,
All inclusive, food was good, we arrived on Friday so our 1st breakfast was Saturday, smoked salmon, cava, freshly made fruit juice... Perfect... Pity it was only on Saturday morning Tiffany breakfast, the freshly made fruit juice would make this hotel 5 star just on it's own!!!
I really liked this hotel, I felt comfortable, I liked the room, easy drive to the golden beaches which are fabulous, lots of parking, I would be happy to return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view room, I wish I had.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just spent two days in R2 during a week in fuerteventura. Must admit I've never really been a fan of the 'all inclusive' holidays as I think you get substandard food and drinks but this place was really quite decent.

The room was great- although be warned the bathroom has a (non frosted) glass window connecting it to the bedroom so be prepared its not that private. Great balcony, and really clean. Was nice touch to have a bottle of bubbles waiting in the room even if it is all inclusive!!

The pools were clean- only problem was the standard sun lounger reserving from early in the morning by people who appear to use them a few hours later and the second pool with the bar plays quite loud power ballads!! but still enjoyable.

The food was a good range of stuff and they catered well for the gluten free amongst us. I enjoyed our time there although I'm not sure how I'd fare with a week of all inclusive.

All the free alcohol was drinkable apart from perhaps the coctails which come straight from a machine and you get a lovely hint of whatever the person before you ordered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Strumien, Bielsko, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel itself was clean and nice,food was tasty and varied, the problem was with the beach which was dark and not good for swimming lovers.The best thing was that there were no children under 16:)so the hotel was peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I hardly know where to start by here I go:

Superior rooms: We lived (me and my mum) in a superior room and that was great! We had our own poolbar, jacuzzis and a pool. Furthermore we had sunbeds right outside our room. Though you had to come early to to poolbar area to get ahold of a jacuzzi , they were taken quite quickly. Service at the superior pool-area was good, they walked around the jacuzzis asking if anybody wanted something to drink. You could even have a bottle of cava for free! The room we had was spacious and had a good air-conditioning. But the glasswall between bedroom and bathroom was totally unnecessary! They could at least had put a curtain or something to shield. Tv both in "livingroom" and bedroom with about 22 channels in different languages. I'm so greatful we picked a superior room and I can really recommend it!

Food: Well, not to much variation. Never shellfish for example and we were there for a week. mostly fish, fried things and some salads. Soup aswell and a variation of drinks. Breakfast was good with bread, youghurt, cheese, sausages, eggs, pancakes, fruits, salad, coffee and tea, juice.. and cava in the weekend. But I wish they would expand the variation of lunch and dinner food.

Enviroment: Nothing to do in the small village and the surroundings were quite booring.

Hotel: The spa was great! Warm pool, jacuzzis, some sunbeds, two saunas and a very cold pool. Be careful about taking valuable things to your locker, I was robbed. You can get treatments at a (high) cost, I got a massage for free because of what was robbed, but I can't say I would pay money for it. It was not that good. Free Wifi in the lobby area, but if you want it to your room it costs 20 Euro a week and I think that is alot, especially since it worked poorly.

Cleaning: Not to good. There were often dirt left, they didn't refill the bathroom supplies and I heard of a couple that probably lost a watch in theirs room.

Service: Mostly good! I got good help when I got robbed and staff was efficent, polite and serviceminded. Some was better, some were worse, but on the whole it was more than good.

Noticeable is that this is a hotel for adults, and preferably couples and I would really want to go there again with my boyfriend, but I saw many living there as friends aswell.

To sum up: I recommend this hotel, I really do. If you live in a superior room. But I would not stay longer than a week. 30/4-7/5 we had some cold winds and clouds, but it got better. I liked the hotel, loved "my" jacuzzi and I really enjoyed the all-inclusive. :)

Room Tip: Choose a superior room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Maijja
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

No children under 16 made for a peaceful time around the hotel pool and in the restaurant
My first all inclusive experience for 30 years and it was great. Choices of food excellent. Spacious room, wonderful hot shower and kept spotless
The hotel was not full however so things could change but our holiday was super.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool in romantic fantasia rooms. They are spacious . Not sure if all rooms are simil...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zemlin
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked this hotel through www.booking.com and turned to be very cheap for 1 week all in. The hotel was build around 2007 in a nice design. You can tell though that probably because of the economic crisis, finishings still need to be done or need to be redone. Nice and friendly welcoming, staff speaking english, german and bits of french. Rooms are clean and spacious, nice design too. Food quality is poor though, altough we think it's probably like that in FuerteVentura, coffee is just not to drink, lots of fried food, sausages, fat food. with lots of garlic and sauce everywhere. 2 swimming large nice swimming pools, one heated, the other one not. You have to wake up very early to reserve a laying chair, because once it is 8am, all chairs are already toweled-taken. Nice view of beach, dark sand beach. The hotel is calmly situated, no bars around. We didn't see any kids in the hotel. Animation is rather poor too, maybe we were there before Easter, lots of retired people, so animation was based on karaoke and chachacha. Spa is very basic, although 2x free access offered for 2. Strong points for this hotel: rather new design + friendly staff + good price/quality + calm location. I would suggest too to rent a car before travalling trough the new, GoldCar turned out to be very good price quality. No GPS needed for this island, a good map is plenty sufficient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SanBrussels
Sweden, Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We spent a week here just before Christmas. We needed a break and this resort turned out to be a good choice.
We paid extra and stayed in the Romantic fantasia part of the hotel. It is a short walk from the main building with fence and a locked gate. Only for romantic guests....:-) The rooms was spacious with a bedroom and a living room, with a big glass window between the bedroom and the bathroom....so you can take a very good look at your boy/girlfriend taking a shower...The bed is big but very hard.
Outside there are 2 chairs and 2 sunbeds.

There is a beutiful garden with palm trees, 6 heated jacuzzis sitting on fake lawn, one bar which also serves snacks between 11 am to 6 pm. It´s relaxing and beautiful to sit in the jacuzzi in the dark, looking up at the stars with a drink in your hand. They serve drinks to 11 pm. And they lit candles for the romantic feeling. Yes, we liked it.

There is only one restaurnant serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. The food is like most other buffet restaurants in all inclusive hotels, decent but not spicy. But you will never go hungry. Breakfast is excellent, with a lot of choices, omelettes of your choice, yoghurt, bacon, scrambled egg, bread, a lot of fruit, and more.

Internet is free in the lobby but it is slow!

Towel service was a bit different....you pay 20 euro for deposit, and then 1 euro each time you want to change towel. We didn´t change them. In other hotels you get a towel card that you can trade for a towel and at check-out, you leave either towel or card.
I guess it is good for the environment not to wash so many towels.

The beach is large with black lava sand and rocks in different sizes. When the tide is low, it´s not very comfortable to take a swim in the ocean....wear shoes! Otherwise, the ocean is perfect for swimming. Some waves, but not too big.

There are 2 swimming pools in the hotel area, the bigger one has a pool bar. It is not allowed to place your towel in advance to get a chair, but a lot of people do anyway.

We did enjoy our trip to Canary Islands and Fuerteventura. Tarajalejo is a very small and quiet little village. We took the bus one day to Costa Calma, much bigger with a lot of hotels and shopping centres, and I tell you this, the best part of Costa Calma was the taxi back to Tarajalejo!
I hope you will enjoy your stay at the hotel. We did, but we will not go back, not until we have seen the other islands first, as this was our first visit to the Canary Islands.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the Romantic rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eriicsons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarajalejo
R2 Rio Calma Hotel & Spa & Conference
Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa
Occidental Jandia Royal Level - Adults Only
Occidental Jandia Royal Level - ...
#4 of 14 in Playa de Jandia
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura
Sensimar Calypso Resort & Spa
Sensimar Calypso Resort & Spa
#6 of 14 in Playa de Jandia

Been to R2 Bahia Playa? Share your experiences!