“Leisure Cycle Tour for our 25th anniversary”

Andalucian Cycling Experience Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialise in organising, Mountain Bike Biking Holidays, Road Cycling Holidays, Leisure Cycling Holidays , Triathlon & Winter Training Camps , Family Cycling Holidays, a White Village Tour, Vegetarian & Vegan Biking Holidays and Winter Cycling holidays. From guided cycling vacations to self-led tours, short breaks or weekend trips away to a fortnight and more. We are based in Montecorto in the Grazalema Natural Park near Ronda and are just over an hour away from Malaga airport.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a beautiful (but challenging) way to celebrate our 25th anniversary! We did the self guided White Villages Cycle Tour beginning on June 16th. Every amazing thing you read about Ashley and ACE is absolutely correct!
We started off with a rest day in Ronda....wow...and then began what turned out to be probably the hardest thing I've ever done. We are a pair of fit canadian hockey players, down hill skiers, bike riders...but neither my husband or I have seen hills (moutains?!) like that. We live in a very flat farming community in small town Ontario so no matter how much we trained in advance there was no way for us to prepare ourselves for those climbs.
We are proud of our accomplishment and even more pleased with the sights and the quiet rides (well except for me cursing on the big climbs!).
The hotels were all above par and some outstanding - Hotel Coritjo Salinas...Cortijo Las Piletas...sigh....
Honestly, this is not a ride for the 'leisure' cyclist....especially in extremely hot temps but if you are in shape and ready for a challenge give it a go.
As you'll read, the motorists are extremely cautious and we never felt at danger. I was also concerned about riding around the hills of Spain on our own....with our passports and all our money/cards with us. No one EVER made us feel uncomfortable or threatened. They were all just happy to see us!
Oh...practice your spanish at least a bit...many bars/hotels/shops speak very little or no english...between my husband's grade 9 spanish, limited french, Ottawa Valley and eyebrow raising he never went thristy! ;)

1  Thank amyluvshockey
"excellent service"
"great trip"
"great food"

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was the best trip yet to Montecorto with ACE. 5 of us with varying standards of cycling ability arrived to tackle the climbs around Andalucia and the legendary ACE TT up the local mountain, Los Palomas. With the excellent guiding provided by Iain, Stewart and Jack we all rode new routes and experienced the local delights of serranito's and cafe con leche each day! We'll all be back!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's a measure of how good my Winter Training Camp experience was that I managed to enjoy it despite coming down with the flu 24 hours after arriving! However I still managed to get 4 days of riding in great weather, so all was not lost. The roads in this area are near perfect for road cycling, with very light traffic, extremely good surfaces and lots of great climbing that is at just the right level of difficulty for this time of year, with numerous ascents of 5km+ at around 6% gradient as well one or two harder and longer climbs. The camps are organised to allow you to choose a length and difficulty of ride on any given day according to your level of fitness and how you are feeling, so while there is no pressure there is plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself as much as you want. Similarly, the groups are accompanied by multiple very experienced guides (one or two of whom are elite level racers), so there is no problem setting your own pace, with the guides ensuring that everyone regroups at strategic intervals. Most of the rides involve one or two cafe stops so there is no problem keeping fuelled with a minimal amount of daily planning.

The only thing I'd say is that if you are vegetarian or mostly veggie like me, don't underestimate the difficulty of finding decent non-meat based food in this part of Spain! Montecorto itself is pretty small and has a very rural, almost non-European 3rd world feel, while the historical culture of the area revolves around bull fighting, so even in a tourist area such as Ronda the cafes seem to take almost a perverse pleasure in making sure that there is meat in almost everything. Vegetarian needs are totally uncatered for and if you do not speak Spanish (no-one speaks English) you will have real trouble making your eating requirements understood. Things like tofu do not exist and there are no bean or pulse based dishes - even pasta and pizza seem to be completely lacking except in Italian restaurants in Ronda, and omelettes are thin on the ground. Potatoes, cheese and salad are always available, but generally only in the form of chips, and sliced cheese on its own or in a completely dry white bread sandwich, while you always have so specify "sin tuna" (no tuna) when ordering a salad... There is an option to order veggie meals for delivery to your accommodation in Ronda and if I was coming again I would plan to take advantage of this. The problem is that it needs to be ordered 48 hours in advance, so you can't plan on spontaneous socialising with others at local cafes. Someone needs to open a decent cafe/restaurant in Montecorto!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Me & my husband went for the road cycling Winter Training Camp & had a fantastic week cycling in Andalucia. Prior to the trip I was quite anxious, as we have different levels of fitness/abilities on the bike with me a fairly new rider & my husband a regular cyclist.
I need not have worried as Ashley & his team were brilliant, challenging us both with different rides & all with stunning scenery. The guides were great, offering tips on riding styles, bike set-up & training plans. We opted to hire bikes rather than fly ours over & they were a good spec & well maintained.
A special mention to Jez who was my guide for the week & significantly increased my confidence on the bike. By the end of the training camp I was riding up climbs I never thought possible, over distances I had previously struggled with & was stronger & faster than when we first arrived.
ACE is a great set up with something to offer for all abilities. The accommodation in Montecorto was very comfortable, clean & we enjoyed the relaxed lifestyle of the small Spanish village away from the more touristy resorts.
Would definately reccommend & We can't wait to come back next Winter to tackle some more rides in the mountains!