All reviewslovely hotelsouth of francecroissantsstayed herebusiness triporly airportvillagejourneyfrenchcastlereceptionshowerparis
Reviewed August 21, 2017

We booked this as an overnight stop on the way back from the South of France, and so pleased that I did! The location was just as fantastic as the hotel, with a 13th century church next door and a Castle less than 100 yards away.
The hotel itself was recently renovated to an impeccable standard, and you get a real feel for the historic surroundings but with all the modern amenities.
Nothing not to like here, room was fantastic, king size bed for 2 adults and bunk beds for 2 children who also had their own TV and terrace which looked out onto the church.
Also one of the few hotels were wifi was great wherever you are! Lovely outside bar area, and the restaurant and food was great and reasonably priced. 18 euro for 2 courses or 22 for 3. Children's menu was 11 euro, bottle of wine 19 euro.
What really impressed me about this hotel was the friendlinesses of the staff, they were all so helpful and accommodating. We will be looking to book this again and cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: we stayed in a family room 105.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Hotel in the middle of Dourdan and opposite of the castle. We had a room for 5 persons and was excellent. Shower was a bit awkward though the water went everywhere (it became very wet). Not our problem!
Diner was oke, service can be better!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2017

My partner and I stayed overnight here as a stopover on the way down to The Dordogne. Hotel was fine, we were there during a heatwave and the room was incredibly hot due to a lack of air conditioning. With the widow open there was a lot of noise coming in from what I guess was a party nearby.

Would probably avoid eating in the restaurant again, there didn't appear to be a huge choice in Dourdan but I would imagine better food could be found elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2017

We stayed here recently for a wedding in France. The hotel is lovely, the staff all very friendly and helpful and food delicious. Dourdan itself is very quaint, pretty cobbled streets a lovely market on a Saturday and gorgeous little patisserie cafes. There is a small supermarket which was reasonably priced. We were very lucky with the weather but the rooms do not have aircon but have huge Windows and fans are available from reception. It is very clean and comfortable with free wifi. All in all we had a great time and would definitely stay there again although maybe in spring or Autumn. We hired a car from Orly airport and the drive to the hotel was under an hour in fact it's probably half hour if you are used to driving in France.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room at the back of the hotel if you like airy spaces.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2017

I stopped here for an overnight stay whilst on a business trip. I wished that I could have stayed longer. This is a small, charming hotel with a very "homely" feel to it. The staff were all very friendly and spoke good English. The room was much comfier than I expected and was very nicely done out. At breakfast, I managed to get to the restaurant area just as the concierge was bringing in fresh croissant and baguettes from the nearby bakery. Duodena, itself, also looked like quite an interesting town to look around. It was a shame I could not spend more time there.
If you are driving there, be sure to check to see if it is OK to park in the square as there is a market, twice a week, where the square is closed to traffic from early morning.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business