“One of the most ancient monument in Sardinia”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Su Nuraxi Barumini

Barumini Unesco Site and Giara of Gesturi Half-day Tour from Cagliari
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Barumini
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This historic town is well-known for the "Nuraghe Su Nuraxi," a megalithic complex built by the Nuragic people 3,500 years ago, which served as a fortified dwelling against invaders.
Cagliari
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“One of the most ancient monument in Sardinia”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Visit also the nearest Villa Zapata in Barumini, which includes a Nuraghe inside this wonderful medioeval villa.

6 Thank AroundtheWorld61

• Polish first
sardegna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A really interesting, unforgettable and amazing experience. Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed November 30, 2009

If you are lucky enough to visit Sardinia, don't miss the Nuraghe of Barumini. This type of structure known as nuraghi don't exist anywhere else in the world.
Learn more about prehistoric culture on sardinia exploring its ancient towers built before Christ was born (around 1500s BC).
Enjoy the history, the atmosphere and the breath·taking view across the area.
It's an incredible archaeological site which should be on everyone's wish list. The guide was very informative and extremely interesting and the price was very reasonable.
I highly recommend it!
On sunny days you can also enjoy strolling through the giara plateau.
In summer I suggest bringing water, sunscreen, hat and wearing shorts and good walking shoes.
I would prefer it to any other place in the world! It's a must see!

5 Thank nuraghe36
Marina di Sorso
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Just AMAZING!”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Hello to all Sardinia and Italy lovers.
I am SASA from Essen/ Germany and I LIVE ON SARDINIA.
I am a real Globetrotter and have been to 53 countries so far.
I've lived in France for 1 year, in Morocco (Casablanca) for 4 years and now -since almost 5 years- I've been living on my dream island in the Mediterranean Sea, SARDINIA.
BARUMINI is certainly one of the most impressive antique sights on the island and in the Mediterranean.
I can highly recommend not to miss it during your stay here.
We have over 3000 other NURAGHI on the island of Sardinia, so whenever you are making a tour here, you will certainly come across these wonderful buildings that are situated in strategically interesting spots.
Imagine that the NURAGHI were built 4000 to 4500 years ago and nobody knows until today neither where the NURAGHEAN population came from nor where they finally went to... So it's still one of the worlds' undiscoverded "mysteries" which I find really exciting.
I always love to dicover more of them on SARDINIA and I am overwhelmed by the spectacular beauty of this unique island.
Are you planning a trip to Sardinia?
You are welcome to get back to me if you need PRIVATE insider information.

8 Thank SASA S
Vancouver WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fascinating history”
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We visited Barumini on a cruise shore excursion and found it absolutely fascinating. Our guide gave us so much interesting historic information. It was not an easy tour with narrow passage ways and twists and turns and narrow stairs...you should be quite mobile to do it. But it is so worth the effort to be walking through a structure dating back to the BC era. Sardinia is a wonderful place to visit and Barumini is the icing on the cake. See it!

4 Thank jimillym