“Fabulous home cooked food”
Review of La Fonte - CLOSED

La Fonte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Fabulous home cooked food”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

On holiday in Tuscany with husband and friends. We've been to this restaurant on previous holidays here and we always get a warm welcome, delicious food at a very good price at La Fonte.

The restaurant has always been busy on our visits but the service remains good. Recommend booking.

Can't recommend enough!

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
“Best restaurant in Tuscany. Gluten Free and Food Heaven!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We have been lucky enough to stay in Pescaglia three times now and have just returned from an Easter break with my Mum and Dad. I don't really know where to start: Scottish/Italian hospitality and welcome, stunning local wine, and the food! Daniella's and Leonardo make you feel so welcome, the restaurant has been packed out every night we have been there with locals and visitors but they always make time to say hello and ask about your day. The service is quick, friendly and informal and the house red and white wine are a total treat.

Gluten free specialities: Any of the pizzas, which are the best GF pizzas I have ever had : you need to order 24 hours in advance so just call the restaurant the day before you arrive. Daniella has family understanding of celiac, so preps everything separately and there is no contamination risk. The GF spinach and ricotta ravioli, lightest ever, and the Gf Pumpkin quiche (not like UK quiche at all v different) in Gorgonzola sauce were unbelievable. As for the GF chocolate and pear tart: a revelation! Most of the items on the dessert menu are Gf!

The Menu: extensive. Mum's favourite: Pear, walnut and Gorgonzola pizza. Dad's favourite: the baked trout or the house beef ravioli - he couldn't choose one. Fiancé's favourite - local sausage pizza or the lamb shank, he couldn't choose one either!

Mum raved about the apple pie too!

We can't wait to visit Pescaglia, Daniela and Leonardo again, it really is Gluten Free heaven in fact our family reckon it's Food Heaven! Thank you x

• Visited April 2014
“Best Restaurant in Tuscany”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Forget your tourist traps, forget your stereo typical "Italian" food. This restaurant is special ! You are greeted and entertained from the first second you arrive, the atmosphere is always happy with locals and visitors celebrating special occasions, whole family's from grandpa to the new born, couples enjoying an intimate meal and tourists who like us stumbled on this gem during a visit. The food is all locally produced, seasonal specials and cooked to perfection. Daniella speaks perfect English, so don't be afraid and think you will be unable to manage. The pizza station is ran by Irene, she produces customised pizza and calzone to you exact requirements. The base are so light and tasty, with any amount of toppings you wish. Once you have managed to stuff yourself leave room for the delicious deserts or go and sit down in the bar area. Leonardo will make you a "Sambuca" Coffee, or you can wash your meal down with a glass of Limoncello (both if you are not driving).
If you ever thought you had experienced authentic Tuscan cooking, try this restaurant, I think you will reconsider.

• Visited March 2014
“Blast from the past - Found on "Prefab Boy" (Rutherglen)”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hello Daniela,

Firstly I would like to apologise for contacting you through TripAdviser but I am new to the internet and couldn't find a contact email for you.
My name is Morag Gemmell (nee MacLean) and I found a small article that you wrote on the Prefab Boy page and could not believe that it was you! My mother was your mother Venze's friend (I know this is not the right spelling!).I also worked in the Rio Cafe but before this, I was you and your sister Michaela's babysitter. I watched you and your sister on many occasions and you used to come down to my mothers and she would give you a drink called 'Cremola Foam' which you both loved!
In the 1970's I met your mother at Uddingston train station. She was working at a friend's restaurant in Uddingston. Both your mother and your young brother Roberto came up to my home for dinner. I tried to contact your mother after this but unfortunately, never saw her again. Please give my love to Michaela, Auntie Mirella, your mother and all the family.

Kind regards,

Morag.

P.S. This is my granddaughter's account as I don't have my own!

Visited October 2013
Portstewart, United Kingdom
“Happy returns”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I visit friends reasonably close to La Fonte each year, and one of the high points every time is the happy return to this delightful restaurant. Always full of locals -inevitably a good sign - and offering wonderful variety with delightful friendliness. Splendid and imaginative cooking, and more than adequate quantities. Roll on next year and the chance to be here once more

• Visited September 2013