“Pretty but dull”

Echaurren Tradicion
Reserve with
Echaurren Tradicion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Ezcaray
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really liked the fireplace in the bar and the general design of the place but food was very basic, disappointing and over-priced.

2  Thank kjellgard

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The kids menu was good and good value but the grown up choices were really terrible and we paid through the nose. They take good ingredients but overcomplicate things. Peppers everywhere - which I hate. I would love chickpeas - why add clams? I would love salad - but can I have it without the anchovies please? Can I have my meat without heavy sauces that make me sick? Of course I can - in a different restaurant, next time.

2  Thank giulivo72
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been in many restaurants with Michelin stars and this is one that you can enjoy a superb meal with real taste of what you are eating!! Service was excellent and price moderate being a restaurant of this status!! highly recommendable!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Food was fabulous. That said, when's the last time you were at a 2 star Michelin restaurant and had to refill your own wine and water, had silverware slammed down on the table and were unable to find anyone willing or able to speak English ( and English speakers are clearly expected as they have a menu printed in English). Courses were rushed. Mc Donald's drive thru style! However the food trumps all the shortcomings.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had been to Ezcaray before, but had "missed" El Portal. We then saw it on a Rick Stein programme and determined to go.
We chose Echaurren Tradicion, the 2* Michelin chef's mother's side of the hotel.
Luckily we booked. The restaurant was packed.
Our food was fabulous and Sunday lunch will never be the same again. In total we spent 6 hours at El Portal. Well worth the visit, but do book. I believe that for the 2* side it's necessary to book several months in advance.

Been to Echaurren Tradicion? Share your experiences!