All reviews overnight stop toilet area vending machine toilet seat comfortable beds novatel
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Arrived at the hotel and waiting at small reception someone strolled by after about 15 minutes and when I asked we could check in he seemed surprised we did not know that we should check in at the Novatel next door! He walked with me the 50 metres and took me to reception where we were directed to the left hand desk who gave me a room number and confirmed payment. We then returned to the Ibis and found our room. The only place to eat within 3 km was the next door Novatel which was overpriced and the menu was not to our taste. Well....who would be happy paying 17 Euro for a burger! It was impossible to control the heating and we nearly asphyxiated through the night, unless leaving the window open to the traffic noise. Unless the option is sleeping in the car we shall not use this hotel again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DAVID R, Front Office Manager at Ibis Budget Bourges, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2018

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis budget Bourges. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

The restaurant of the Novotel next to us, offer a special menu everyday at 14 € or a 10 % discount on all à la carte offers.
Unfortunately we had a lot of weather and temperature changes during a few days from -2 to 27 degrees which was a problem for the heating of the room. However all rooms can control their heating system independantly, do not hesitate to contact the front office they will be glad to help you !

Best regards

Reviewed October 22, 2018

For a one night stop-off during a long journey, this hotel was all that we needed. The basic necessary standards were well catered for; a clean comfortable bed, a small but well-fitted bathroom and a satisfying breakfast were certainly good value for money.
All the staff we met were pleasant and helpful, so what more could we ask for ?

Room tip: The rooms are very much the same in this fairly quiet area.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

The reception of our booked hotel in Clermont Ferrand was already closed zo we couldn’t get in touch to be sure if our already paid reservation could go on.
To avoid any difficulties in finding a backup, I found out that the ibis budget in Bourges had available rooms.
And indeed, no problem at all, friendly and quick service, the room was basic as usual - not our first stay in an Ibis budget - but clean and more than enough to get our rest.
Breakfast was as always basic also but what to expert more for the price you’re paying ?
It was just what we needed - smoothly arranged.
Why want to look for something else again in the future ?

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good Evening,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis budget Bourges.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

This was very good bearing in mind that it is a budget hotel. Fast WiFi, comfortable beds, good breakfast, decent vending machine prices and well air conditioned, I would definitely recommend stopping here if you are on the road!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
DAVID R, Responsable réception at Ibis Budget Bourges, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear Sir ,

We thank you for your comment, it is a great reward for our team !
I hope we will have the pleasure to see you again in our hotel !

Best regards

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

I've stayed in a number of ibis hotels over the past two weeks, different hotel every night, this is probably the worst ibis I've stayed in....
As with all ibis hotels it's cheap, and the beds clean, but actually this ibis was not that cheap, the bed was clean, but the bathroom is awful... it's got one of these plastic box wet room bathrooms..., so you have a shower and everything in there is soaked....
there's also no food or lift.

Spend the extra money and go to the Novotel opposite....

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear EMMANUELLE BRAVARD-SARRAZ,

At Ibis Budget, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.