Hotel le Clos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Adelie(Montagny-les-Beaune)
View Hotel
Lemon Hotel Montagny les Beaune(Montagny-les-Beaune)
View Hotel
All reviewsrestaurant next doorattractive gardendelightful hotelwalking holidayfew minutes drivevisit burgundyquiet locationbreakfast is servedlovely old buildingdu tempsstopover en routesouth of francebike ridea lovely place to staysmall hotelthe hotel staffbeaune area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Arrived very late after a long and difficult drive, the reception desk very welcoming, room spotless and cosy and comfy with beds for two children. After everyone settled the drivers treated themselves to a chilled glass of wine and a whisky, readily consumed as we sat in the salon! We all awoke refreshed, to a delicious breakfast in the pretty gardens! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sarktravellers
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I strongly advise not to go to Hotel du Clos. I have booked a room at a hotel marketed as a luxury charm B&B, conveniently priced. I ended up with an overpriced room, commercially unfair (110€ per night, not included 30€ breakfast on top).

Personnel is overconfident that the hotel du clos is worth a four star experience, but:
> the bed are poor,
> the rooms are small,
> windows are small,
> breakfast is poor.

Hoping to embark with my wife and baby on a luxury hotel experience, as we have all across France, we have found regretful of our booking. And in retrospect would have been happier at the Ibis hotel, just around the corner. It is charmless but cheaper, personnel is more courteous and commercially saavy, and the ensemble is more decent and unpretentious.

Rarely in my travels have I felt so outraged by a hotel experience, which I do want to share with Tripadvisor readers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank MelanieAstree
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Based on earlier positive reviews on trip advisor we have booked a night in august 2012.

Prices are definately much higher that advertised, with 140€ b&b service.

Rooms are 2* quality, with little light and very basic furnititure. You will be better off at rhe neighbouring ibis hotel, at a fraction of the price.

Commercial policy is dreadful: we have been invited for breakfast in our proposed 110€ packaged. And ended up being billed 30€ on top.

Upon complaint and dissatisfaction, the hostess has suggested we were not accustomed to hotel policies, and that it was (discretely advertised everywhere).

My advice - avoid le clos (which is more a local b&b that an official hotel) and go to a real hotel, like the ibis next door

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Adieuaberlin
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was our second visit to Hotel le Clos. We use it as a base from which to explore the vineyards spreading south from Beaune. Last year we discovered the cycle route which uses the small tracks that run through the vineyards linking some of the famous names of Burgundian wines - Mersault, Pommerol, Puligny Montrachet etc. Cycling through the gently undulating lanes and tracks are a great way to see the beautiful hills and vineyards of Burgundy and also allows you to taste as many wines as you like along the way without the worry of being over the limit.

Hotel le Clos is a converted farm house which offers comfortable and tastefully furnished rooms at very reasonable rates. Breakfast is usually taken in the beautiful garden and provides plenty of choice. We did not experience any of the negatives mentioned by one of the other reviews. The owner is very attentive and makes every effort to make sure that your requests are dealt with straight away.
We prefer to stay outside of Beaune as it can become very busy in the evenings during the summer. Although the hotel itself does not provide evening meals, a short distance east is a small village - Levernois - where you will find two very good restaurants one of which I would certainly recommend - La Garaudiere (check out the reviews on this site), which serves fantastic rustic French dishes.
If you want peace and quiet in nice surroundings you will find this at Hotel le Clos.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here on the way home from Italy. It's a charming farmhouse which has been nicely renovated. We arrived without booking a room at around 6 pm and they had one double room (which was 2 single beds joined together) left but we needed a 'put up' bed for our 6 year old. However the owner told us that he couldn't give us one as he was on his own and she would have to sleep in our bed. I then asked if he could put out a bed whilst we were out having dinner and I would make it up on our return, as I realised that housekeeping had finished but he wasn't prepared to do that and told me that I should have booked in advance! Our daughter ended up sleeping in our bed, which wasn't ideal ! Breakfast was very nice and if the weather is nice, it is taken outside on the terrace. My husband especially liked the bread, however I also agree with another reviewer who mentioned that they were very frugal with the fruit platter. I really enjoy fresh fruit at breakfast but during my stay they literally cut 1 peach, 1 slice of melon which was cut into bite size pieces, 1/2 a banana and 1 kiwi on a small platter, which is barely enough for 1 person ! Considering fruit is fairly cheap in France it just seems a bit mean! Our room was large and very clean and the hotel was very quiet even though it was full. We went into Beaune during our stay which was very pretty and ate in a lovely restaurant called 'Le Gourmardin' which I would recommend. Apart from the unhelpful owner and lack of bed, it's worth a visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family