“Spot on seafood”

La Gogaille
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

One of the better places for seafood set in a little square off the main drag. Outside covered area for hardy folk & welcoming to (well-behaved) dogs. Spot on for scallops (St Jacques)

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Just eaten here -most miserable waitress yet ....food bland -only one open here in this tiny place ... .hence our visit .
NOT IMPRESSED and certainly won't be back . Try others if they are Open

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Ate here during our stay and found the food to be a bit bland. I had a hamburger (although I ordered a cheeseburger) and my girlfriend had a ham and mushroom tagliatelle dish. My girlfriend in particular thought her dish was simply cream with cooked ingredients, the chef did not appear to know what seasoning is! I Wouldn’t visit again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Change of proprietors. Still very friendly. Good staff team. Food still good quality at a reasonable price. All food is freshly prepared. Good ambiance. Recommended

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed September 6, 2017

On my previous visit to Normandy, I visited the place and was very pleased with the experience. This time, we were looking for a good "frutta di mare" meal and this restaurant came to my mind. We were not disappointed. The food was fresh, tasty and with a good variety, with all the flavors of Normandy cuisine. We combined mussels and a plate of sea food and enjoyed our meal immensely. It really depends on the taste, however, sea food is an acquired taste and it might not be to everybody's pleasure. For those who love it (like we do), it was a real treat.
Service was as usual in French restaurants, one has to manage expectations. And I will probably never get used to the restaurants in France, Italy, Spain... being closed between 2.30 - 7 pm. But, c'est la vie!

Date of visit: August 2017