“Amazing place for sea food aficionados”
Review of La Gogaille

La Gogaille
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2017

On my previous visit to Normandy, I visited the place and was very pleased with the experience. This time, we were looking for a good "frutta di mare" meal and this restaurant came to my mind. We were not disappointed. The food was fresh, tasty and with a good variety, with all the flavors of Normandy cuisine. We combined mussels and a plate of sea food and enjoyed our meal immensely. It really depends on the taste, however, sea food is an acquired taste and it might not be to everybody's pleasure. For those who love it (like we do), it was a real treat.
Service was as usual in French restaurants, one has to manage expectations. And I will probably never get used to the restaurants in France, Italy, Spain... being closed between 2.30 - 7 pm. But, c'est la vie!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We went often to this restaurant. The service is always good. The food is fresh and correctly prepared. This is a good seaside place to eat. Not too expensive with the menu and yet very tasty.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Food was OK.
Waiter was just as smily and welcoming as the crabs in the fish tank. I'm French so I t is not a lost in translation issue. Just unfriendly. A good canteen!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 16, 2017

We went for lunch recently having never to this town at all! Usual safety first choice in France of menu du jour. we weren't disappointed! Nice fish for my wife and steak for me with crime caramel to follow an a beer each. All served in an efficient and friendly manner. Good value too!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed January 28, 2017

Visited many times but never reviewed it before.
Very busy with locals and tourists alike. great choice of fresh fish or
I can recommend steak and chips, always perfectly cooked.
Desert menu is also not bad and the prices are very reasonable.
Service with a smile and prompt. worth a visit!

Date of visit: January 2017