“A very nice meal indeed”
Review of AU BON ACCUEIL

AU BON ACCUEIL
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Limeuil
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Barrow-in-Furness
“A very nice meal indeed”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This restaurant was highly recommended by the locals and we can understand why, its in a beautiful setting, we ate here twice and tried both the €19 and €28 set menus, both were a delight, the wine was good also. If you are in Limeuil try it, I can highly recommend it.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank neilexley222

Leeds, Yorkshire
“Delightful lunch in a characterful village”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This restaurant is in the delightful - though hilly - village of Limeuil and we climbed back up to it having looked at other restaurants in the village. It was a slightly drizzly lunchtime so we ate indoors, from their set menu at 14 euros. We had home-made tomato soup, pork and little squares of fried potato, and home-made walnut cake with custard - - all delicious! It was unpretentious and friendly and we'll certainly return if we can!

• Visited August 2013
Aylesford, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Like the previous review, we have also eaten at Au Bon Accueil over the past 6 years. Can only agree, the menu has not changed and I was particularly disappointed to be told that certain items on the limited menu were not available especially being a Saturday night. The food we had was fine but I think they may have sat back to much on reputation to much to have now been overtaken by others in the area... Hopefully they will revamp the menu and pay attention to the comments !

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Alex D
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great location - set price menu only average quality”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Been using this restaurant for many years. It used to be above average/very good but has been somewhat overtaken by rivals. The set Menu is looking a little jaded and the portion sizes are reducing year on year. Pity as the location is excellent

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mike E
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Not up to scratch”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Having read the reviews I realise we are going against the flow with a bad review! We ate well in France this being the only exception. We both ordered rabbit. My hubsand, who will eat anything manfully picked at the bits of meat on what appeared to be a dish full of bones with a watery sauce. There was no other accompaniment. I sent mine back although I was only able to say in French I didnt like the meal without explaining there was nothing there to eat! I was told I could have another dish but I would have to pay a small charge, not full price as I was having a second meal. I chose fish which came so quickly it had to have been pre-prepared and microwaved. It was at least edible if totally bland. I was charged for both my main courses - no discount at promised. The place was busy and everyone seemed content with their meals. However, I can only speak as I find and this was not a patch on the meal we had at The Garden Party Restaurant just a few yards away.

• Visited July 2013