“Very busy place with OK food.”
Review of Le Cabanon

Le Cabanon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2018

The service is attentive but the is good, not great. The beef carpaccio had too much oil on it and the tuna tataki was overdone even if I had requested for it to be blue, plus it was white tuna which is less tasty than the red one served as tataki. The prices are a bit above one would expect in La Teste for this type of menu.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended Le Cabanon by our B&B host.
Being a TripAdvisor certificated restaurant we expected better than the quality of one of the meals we were served. My wife and I both ordered entrecôte steak. My wife's was fine but mine was 50% fat and gristle! As it was served by weight (420 gram) there was only 210 gram of edible meat!
When the waiter collected our plateaus I told him of my complaint and asked him if he agreed that such a steak should not have been cooked and served with only 50% of the steak edible. He agreed with me but that did not make any difference to the bill e the and at €27 for the meal it was very poor quality.
Having a TripAdvisor certificate takes some living up to but my meal certainly did not live up to the this esteemed certification nor the how my complaint was dealt with. I didn't even get an apology!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

I had some expectations because this restaurant is located outside of the touristy spots and it was packed. The place is kind of fancy, the service is good but the food was extremely average! Our €40 bottle of red wine was below average. Last but not least, the bread tasted like it was 2 days old, and believe me, for a Frenchman like me this is unacceptable as the bread is usually an excellent proxy for the quality of the food to come. This time it proved to be perfectly true!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful local cuisine, great atmosphere, lovely background music. A mix of locals and tourists. Large portions and excellent quality!

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank ceeceepoppy
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were just discovering the region and fell on this place one lunchtime.
The restaurant itself in on the roadside but well protected from passing cars, there is an outside terrace and a lovely room where we ate, most of the déco is wood.
The service was brilliant, one of the owners (I think) was so relaxed but professional that the whole experience was a pleasure.
The wife had a lovely steak and I had a Fish Parillada which was quite exceptional and very copious,
The price was really very reasonable for the whole experience so don't hesitate, don't forget to book though they were full up.

Date of visit: June 2013