“Needs new management”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ft. Lauderdale
“Needs new management”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Probably our worst meal in France. Not all bad but not that good an experience. My salad was good and plat just ok. Indifferent service by a rushed, impatient young man and occasional help from a dour faced young woman. Not welcoming at all. The location is good and the restaurant has nice outdoor seating but the food and service are lacking. A good manager would fix it up fast. Sorry I did not read the reviews first. We ate the night before at the Restaurant Tonnelle next door and it was really good. Should have gone back there again.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
“"du Chateau Towers"”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had dinner here as a part of our half board package at the Hotel du Chateau. In retrospect it was an amusing experience, but not at the time.

On being told by the hotel owner that dinner service finished early we went down early to dinner and found ourselves amongst the first guests. A young man presented us with a menu in French. He then had to be encouraged to tell us which set meal was included in our package. We ordered the first two courses as he wouldn’t take a dessert order at that time.

Waiting for our meals we became aware of the sun shining directly into the western window, and into my partner’s eyes unless he leaned sideways in his seat. Nearby another couple were in a similar position. Their first course arrived before ours and the poor woman was so bothered by the sun that she had to put her sunglasses on to eat her meal.

When the food arrived it was good, but not outstanding, and lacking in recognisable local produce, being of the steak and chips style.

After finishing our main course we were presented with a menu in English to choose our dessert. A new, apparently senior, waiter, presumably the maître d', came to take our order. We ordered, and as he took our orders he suddenly became aware that two American guests seated nearby didn’t have an English menu. He grabbed the menu from our table and passed it to them. As he did so I could see all thoughts of our dessert order falling out of his head. He had totally forgotten us. Some twenty or so minutes later he spied us and suddenly realised we had given him an order. Our desserts then arrived quite quickly.

Throughout the meal the maître d', the young woman who looked after the bar, and the young man who first served us, kept rushing in one door and out of another into the kitchen, the bar and restaurant, sometimes disappearing behind us and reappearing, as if by magic, in front. During the evening we became aware that guests were being admitted long after the time the hotel owner had told us dinner service would finish.

When the time came to pay the maître d' brought us a bill for the cost of our drinks PLUS the meals we had already paid for in our half board package. My partner went to see him to discuss this and was told that we had to pay. A great deal of discussion ensued while I went to our room to find the booking paperwork. Eventually, after insisting “demi pension” we paid for our drinks only and left.

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Good location, but the worst meal we've had in France so far,”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our table on the terrace was the best part of our lunch here. The menu had omlettes with frites and a green salad so we ordered one ham omlette and one mushroom omlette. The ham chunks in my omlette were tough,chewy and had bits of bone and grissle, so much so that I left them on the side of my plate. I had asked for ketchup and after waiting for several minutes,it was obvious that It had been forgotten,so i asked again. This time 6 sachets of ketchup were plonked on the table in front of me as if to say "do you want frites with your ketchup." My wife's omlette did not come with frites but slices of potato which it turned out had been cooked in garlic saturated oil complete with the remnants of a sausage hidden amongst them. I queried why my wife's mushroom omlette did not come with frites and I was told somewhat curtly that mushroom omlettes always came with potatoes not frites.When I pointed out that the menu stated all omlettes were served with frites the waitress gave a very surly pout and "offered" to change the meal. As we were on a timeline we said don't bother. My wife's omlette was fine, but the potatoes, once tasted were left.The green salads comprised 3 limp lettuce leaves on each plate. Food and service definitely way below par. which is why didn't leave a tip. Christine S's review sums it up - Avoid!

• Visited May 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Don't fall for the location- avoid! ”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for a quick crepe to refuel after canoeing on gorgeous sunny evening. Lovely spot on terrace. Waitress was magnificently rude, surly, got simple order wrong (perhaps because she left the table before it was finished). When the crepes came they were fridge cold and obviously shop bought. Avoid!!!

Toowoomba, Australia
“Tasty lunch”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

SIght seeing in the Dordogne in January is interesting given most things are closed. However we stumbled across the restaurant as we struggled to find something open for lunch. The formula menu for both adults and children was a hit. Good food, good size portions and efficient service.

• Visited January 2014