3,111 results
All reviews los gigantes sea view thomson gold freshwater pool fresh water pool couples hotel elton john tribute la gomera show cooking pool bar evening entertainment younger couples plenty of choice relaxing holiday half board salt water returning guests
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed in Los Gigantes many times but always stayed in private accommodation and we thought it would be a nice experience to go to an adult only hotel. On arrival we were greeted by a member of reception and given a glass of fizz and made to feel really welcome. Lifts to the room literally fitted 4 people in and took forever to reach your floor. The rooms were fantastic, spotless, spacious and very modern. Breakfast was great, so much choice - you even got the choice of sprouts, peas and carrots!!! Evening meal was terrible they had it completely wrong - roast lamb with nothing to go with it probably because they served the veg for breakfast! If you are looking for atmosphere this is not the place for you around the pool it was deadly quiet, not even background music, evening entertainment shocking! Average age in this hotel late 60's early 70's. Overall it was a good holiday and we made the most of it but we felt that we had arrived at this hotel 15-20 years too early.

Room tip: All rooms seemed to have a good view
Date of stay: September 2019
Antonio R, Equipo de Relaciones Públicas - Public Relations Team at Hotel Sensimar Los Gigantes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Helen W,

Thank you very much for having chosen Sensimar Los Gigantes for your holiday this time in Los Gigantes. We would like to thank you also for sharing your impressions with other travellers on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read that you felt welcomed by our reception team on your arrival and that our rooms and breakfast filled up your expectations.

On the other hand, we regret that you have not found the evening meal of your pleasantness. Regardless, we provide every day a wide selection of food, including crudité, salads, vegetables and different types of fish and meat. If you had made us know your feedback about the evening meals when you were here, we were been pleased to provide you something of your preference.

With regards to the atmosphere and the evening entertainment, we regret that it did not meet your expectations. However, Sensimar Los Gigantes is known for its laid back and relaxing atmosphere.

It is true that many of our guests belong to the elder generation, some of them are loyal repeating guests since 20 years or more. Nevertheless, the age group of our guests is getting more and more mixed.

We are happy that overall you had a good holiday with us.

Hoping you had a good journey back home and we wish being able to welcome you back at Sensimar Los Gigantes in a future.

Need to know

• Long trousers are required for dinner
• The hotel has “white” and “white and black” nights. It’s not mandatory to wear these colours but you are requested to.
• Evening entertainment is varied and excellent. We only saw 2 poor turns in 2 weeks. Lots of space for dancing.
• Hotel location is central and there are many local bars and restaurants but Los Gigantes is not a big place.
• EE has 4G throughout the hotel. I streamed the Italian F1 GP over my phone on “4 on demand” no problem.
• Hotel WiFi was a bit variable but good enough for social media and email. Didn’t use it for streaming as all the UK TV services would not work due to the location issue. They worked fine through my phone.
• €20 deposit for your beach towels.
• Only 2 or 3 mosquito bites in our 2 week September stay, and they weren’t bad ones.
• Weather forecast was 23 degrees and part cloudy before we left. In reality it might be 23 in the shade but it’s been a lot hotter by the pool. In 14 days we’ve just had 2 days without a lot of sun.
• On our last night the entertainment was brought indoors due to possible rain. When we asked how often this happened we were told it was the first time in 2019.

• Drink prices
• Staff
• Room
• Great shower even though low pressure due to water being in short supply, totally fine.
• Heated and lit bathroom mirror
• Lit bathroom magnifying mirror
• Decent hair dryer (a rarity)
• BBC 1 & 2, ITV & C4 on the TV. Not HD though.
• Sky sports but only the one main channel, no good for F1 HDMI on tv to plug in your own devices Great aircon, quiet and effective.
• Huge bed, probably too big.
• Balcony, ours got the sun in the morning, we faced the town and harbour. The other side is over the pool areas. No sun in the afternoon was a blessing as you could sit out without the heat of the sun on you after a day at the pool.
• Our room was very quiet, room 425.
• Amazing view of the cliffs and harbour.
• Plugs on bedside tables for phone charging.
• Tea and coffee in room.
• Fridge in room.
• Minimarket on site, €13 for a litre of famous grouse whiskey, €0.70 for a large bottle of water. Lots of other supermarkets within 1 mins walk.
• Lots of storage and wardrobe space
• A place out of the way for cases
• A separate couch, we were in the basic room Good room lighting Dressing table but oddly no mirror, full length mirror behind.
• Drinks prices were very reasonable, cocktails from €5.50.
• As British were very well catered for with an excellent breakfast. Good quality beans, proper sausages (not frankfurters), fried bread (yes really, fab, not allowed this at home), nice bacon, eggs everyway, plus everything else you can imagine, amazing. Cava fizz and proper marmalade as well. Try to get a table outside, it’s a joy in the morning. Watch for the sun in your eyes at dinner though.
• Dinner was always fantastic, even had tapas, huge selection, never an evening in 2 weeks where there wasn’t something to savour.
• Hotel was in the middle of Los Gigantes so a minutes walk and you were in the centre but in the hotel you felt remote.
• Main pool was huge with lots of sun beds. It was a bit noisy for us and unheated salt water. We used the quiet pool but less breeze as it was sheltered so sometimes hot. Heated fresh water so did some swimming, I hate cold water.
• Lots of public area space and comfy seating inside and out.
• Cinema area with a large TV.
• Beautiful gardens immaculately maintained.
• The gym is amazing, great kit, better than my gym I pay for. No aircon though, just a fan.
• We didn’t try the spa but the staff were lovely.
• Local nightlife seemed great.
• Fitness classes were great.
• Tennis court although we didn’t use it.

Dislike - this is really picky but worth noting.

• TV sound a little distorted and poor picture quality, an aerial issue not TV, but watchable
• Old safe, had to carry a key about and €8 for the stay which should really be included. Safe is big enough for an iPad but not a laptop.
• Coffee both in the room and restaurant not good. At breakfast you can use the coffee machines (indicated with blue light strips) which is much better than the waiter coffee. Tea is good.
• Lifts are not great and small.

Room tip: We were on the 4th floor facing the town and marina which we were very happy with.
2  Thank alantomkins

Dear alantomkins,

We would like to start thanking you for spending your holiday at Sensimar Los Gigantes and we would also like to take advantage to say thank you for your wide explanation about some curiosities of our hotel, letting other people know some highlighted points about Sensimar Los Gigantes.

We are thrilled to read your smart words appreciating most of our services and facilities, so we have realized that you had nice stay overall. Due to your kind words, we know that we have achieved our main goal, the satisfaction of our guests.

On the other hand, we regret that some of our services have not met your expectations. Your feedback is really important for us, so we can know what services and facilities fill up the expectations of our guests and what we can improve on.

We wish you a great journey return home and we will be pleased to welcome you back at Sensimar Los Gigantes in a future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just got back from 1 weeks stay lovely room very clean hotel. Breakfast was lovely food on evening meal very poor ! Very slow service on a evening while watching shows waited forever to get a drink expected more from a 4 star hotel

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear shirlz622,

Let us thank you for spending your one week holiday at Sensimar Los Gigantes and also for reflecting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you have loved breakfast food. Regardless, we regret that the evening meal was not your tasting. However, every day we provide a wide election of food, including crudité, salads, vegetables and different types of fish and meat. If you had made us know your feedback about the evening meals when you were here, be sure that we would have been pleased to provide you something of your preference.

We apologize for the long time you waited to get a drink. We will pass your comment to the person encharged of the bar service.

Hoping you had a good return home and we would like being able to welcome you back in a future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first time visiting Tenerife and I was apprehensive about the hotel and travelling alone. I needn't have worried. Before I arrived, I requested a room with a sea view and was given one where I had a balcony view of the sea as well as a view of the mountains. It was so restful and peaceful. On arrival you are presented with a glass of proseco and in your room you are given a free bottle of wine, a couple bottles of water and fruit.

I couldn't complain about the food. I paid for breakfast and dinner only during my stay. That was plenty and there was such an enormous choice to choose from. Cava, water and juices were freely available at breakfast but you had to pay for drinks at dinner, which I did think was a bit strange.

My one and only challenge during my stay at the hotel was that the converter plug I bought from the UK wasn't working. The management tried to help me and quickly directed me to a shop that was literally on the hotel grounds, where I paid a surprisingly cheap 2 euros for a new plug so that could charge my phone and keep in touch with my friends and family back home. I also discovered that it was the cheapest shop to buy a range of goods from, including souvenirs.

I had only come for a mini-break so didn't do much of the touristy stuff. I had a pleasant stroll through the town to the marina, to the small beach with the black sand and browsed the many shops. I was able to relax on the sunbed on the hotel grounds with the wonderful view of the Mediterranean sea. There was entertainment each night. Some of it a bit cheesy but it was something to keep you occupied.

There were mainly British people in the hotel and I also bumped into other solo travellers. The hotel was lovely although I think would've given 4.5 stars had they paid more attention to small details, such as the broken bin in my bathroom.

And finally I would like to thank Yessica who worked as a member of the restaurant staff for looking after me when I went to dine. I hope the management pass this message on to her.

I enjoyed my too short time here and would come back again.

1  Thank Shazm01

Dear Shazm01,

Thank you very much for having chosen Sensimar Los Gigantes for your mini-break in Tenerife, as well as for posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We would kinly like to be grateful for your nice opinion about the room and the complimentary welcome touches you were given, food, surroundings and our attention to small details. Thank you as well for your mention to Yessica. Of course, your comments will be passed to her, showing her that the hard work she does is highly appreciated by our guests.

Your kind feedback shows us that we achieved our highest goal, the satisfaction of our guests. So, satisfied guests who consider returning are the most valuable reward we can get for our efforts.

We wish you have had a good journey return home and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

A lovely trip away!
Me and my partner visited for our birthdays and we was not disappointed! Great service, great food, great location!
Would most definitely return!
We were half board but always ate lunch in the hotel bar as the food was great!
We loved going to the Irish bar down the road of an evening too! Great entertainment!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ktxp1
Antonio R, Equipo de Relaciones Públicas - Public Relations Team at Hotel Sensimar Los Gigantes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ktxp1,

We would like to say thank you very much for having stayed at Sensimar Los Gigantes for your birthdays and also for sharing your impressions with the TripAdvisor community.

We are pleased to read your smart words about our service, food, location and lunch in the pool bar. Therefore, we realize that you have enjoyed our facilities and services, being a pleasure for us, as our highest aim is the satisfaction of our guests.

Satisfied guests who consider returning are the most valuable reward we can get for our efforts.

We hope that you have had a good return journey and you have arrived back home well.