“An hidden gem”

H10 Punta Negra Boutique Hotel
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I’m currently on vacation here and I would share with you this wonderful experience. We are close to mass market geared seaside resorts,noisy and crowded. Here there are no words to describe the beauty of this place other than remembering the words of the French writer Saint Exupery : “’ Ici tout est luxe ,calme et volupte’”. I generally stay in 5 stars properties so when I speak of a nice hotel I know what I’m speaking about. Yes,as others reviewers have pointed out, it’s not perfect and there are things that could be improuved (as every thing in life) BUT…the location it’s the best possible you could have , probably the best in Mallorca. The hotel is old styled, elegant, reminishent of a luxury Spanish villa of the past. If you stay, like me, in a superior room (well worth the difference in price) you not only get the best possible location in the prime position of the Punta Negra building, but also a nice,airy ,modern and spacious room with all the possible amenities. Remember,this is a 4 star hotel, not 5, even if, vacationing here, you can easily forget this. If you want a sumptuous and super luxurious room go to the adjacent St.Regis Mardavall, where for nearly 1.000 euros daily you can have this and a similar location. Similar, not this one that is simply unbeatableand truly unique. I’m staying in half board : for breakfast I can choose between a lighter fare by the pool in the open air or from an incredibly rich breakfast upstairs in the panoramic restaurant.They even have a Mallorcan corner with local specialties. Just to note they have an extensive range of fresh fruits to choose from. Not so easy to get the same even in many 5 stars hotels. For dinner I dine alfresco, choosing from an a’ la carte incredibly extensive menu with absolutely refined dishes : those, to explain better, you can find in an expensive luxury restaurant . What to say more ? Don’t be confused by negative reviews I read here. Certain VERY particular hotels ,like this one, are not for everybody . If you want an active, lively and noisy vacation this hotel is not for you. But if you are searching for that special hidden and romantic retreat by the sea (but with all the desirable action just few minutes away) you have found your hotel !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank happyalbert

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The rooms in the main building might serve alright. If you are traveling with family and end up with a room in the older part of the hotel you will find aged accomodation with absolutely no charm. We changed rooms to the main building. Not much better but at least with working showers and lack of black mold in the bathroom.

Service was appalling during the entire stay and 7/10 were practitioners. Nice people but lacking experience and mandate. Slow service in the restaurant. Nice gardens and a small beach. Kids thought the place was ok but I was really expecting a lot more (even with moderate expectations prior to our check in).

Choose something else. Seriously.

Take a look at Hotel bendinat instead.

Room Tip: Has to be in the main building. As high up as possible.
2  Thank JPF_GOT
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Beautiful place, fine territory with huge quantity of pines. Calm and comfortable relaxation.The hotel has its own small beach.Excellent view of the sea. Very delicious and delicate dishes for dinner, but it`s a bit expensive, what`s why I recommend buy rooms with half board service(breakfast and supper).

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very nice place to spend holidays. All is very calm and relaxing. The swimingpools are great and very clean. The rooms are nice and good size but The best is the breathtaking views to the ocean. The breakfast is also incredible!!! Lots of choice and good quality.
Book in advance to get a good price...

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The H10 Punta Negra is a beautiful hotel. It is on a peninsula with well-kept grounds. I had my doubts, but the pictures are accurate. From the hotel, to the gardens, to the lagoon and beach, we were very pleased. The beach and lagoon are a bit rocky, but we really enjoyed the scenery.

The hotel is mostly quiet. There were some kids running around on the weekend, but otherwise it was very peaceful. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. We could see some of the ocean through the trees. I think most rooms overlook the ocean. We did not upgrade to a Villa and were happy we didn't as the villas did not look like they provided more than our room.

The hotel is about at 15 euro taxi ride to downtown Palma, 5 euro taxi ride to Puerto Portals and 8 euro taxi ride to Magalluf. Every taxi driver knew the hotel.

The only downside is the staff. While they appear to be generally working hard, they are a very serious group. Many have commented on this and called them unfriendly. It is a thin distinction, but I did not find them unfriendly. They were generally very serious, but if you asked them for something they were very helpful. The only major downside was that in the evenings there was no concierge and the reception staff was not very knowledgable of places to go.

If you're looking for a beautiful, peaceful resort, then this is the place.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KelleyMBA
Marcos G, Director General at H10 Punta Negra Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear KelleyMBA,

First and foremost many thanks for taking the time to give us your opinion about your stay with us at H10 Punta Negra.
I am delighted you found the hotel so nice. I am glad you enjoyed our grounds and that you found our hotel so calm. It is one of our main objectives here at H10 Punta Negra.
I am sorry about your comments about our staff. I am sorry that you found our staff serious, we will be taking measures shortly to try and improve this aspects.
Remember to contact us directly for your next reservation!
Kind regards,

Marcos Gomila
H10 Punta Negra
h10.puntanegra@h10.es

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Having come to Mallorca for 50 years and stayed at many hotels our voted favourite has to be the Punta Negra where we have returned for over 30 years and which never fails to meet our expectations with friendly staff and excellent management.

1  Thank Patrick S
Marcos G, Director General at H10 Punta Negra Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Patrick S,

I am delighted to hear your words and am happy that you have been enjoying your stays with us over the years.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to get the best possible rate!
Kind regards,

Marcos Gomila
H10 Punta Negra

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel! You don’t see many like this on the island. I read all negative reviews and I was tempted not to go, but I said…..it can’t be that bad, and I went…..And I honestly don’t regret it. It is the perfect location to relax and enjoy the sea.
The location is magnificent…green and quiet, with beautiful views towards Magaluf and Palma, with beautiful gardens, pools, and the 2 small gulfs with crystal clear water. The hotel itself is an old one……but rooms are nicely renovated and very clean. At least the room I had, and I think it was a superior double room. I liked that it has just 2 floors, and the building is in Mediterranean style….
Breakfast…..the best I’ve ever had. Anything you want, you find there…
If you are in need of a supermarket, there are 2 at about 5-10 min walk just as you enter Palma Nova.
I have to say the service at the bar and lounge was a little slow, but hey…what’s the rush
I would recommend hiring a car in order to benefit from the beauty of the island…..I, for one, prefer remote spots, gulfs….away from noise .So I don’t think there is any other way to reach those places. Otherwise, for most visited places on island you can find organized trips.
Because I read something about towels……you can ask for beach tower at the reception. You pick them up in the morning and bring them back in the evening……for no extra charge. Also the safe in the room costs only for standard rooms –but this is written on the hotel’s site….
Anyway, I loved it and I had a very nice holiday

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
#3 of 28 in Port de Pollenca
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
#2 of 8 in Port de Soller

Been to H10 Punta Negra Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!