“Great service and tranquil”

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
Lewisville, Texas
“Great service and tranquil”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

When we arrived after a long day of flights, we were greeted with a cocktail on the terrace during our check-in. My husband has status with SPG. They had it wrong but quickly finished it.

Service at the hotel is excellent. The property is well maintained. It is very peaceful and tranquil. When we asked for anything, it was quickly answered.

The concierge (butlers) were good. If you asked a direct question they helped immediately. They helped my husband with a problem getting a Spanish SIM card to work in the cell phone. However, I was a bit disappointed that they could not help more with broad tourist questions on others areas on the island like where to eat lunch in Soller. But they were very attentive and always nice.

With platinum status we could have the breakfast buffet for free. It is normally 40E. The buffet is quite extensive.

There is another smaller pool where the familes and kids could swim. The main pool was great for the adults. You could walk a short ways behind the property to a small inlet and swim in the mediterranean sea.

The gym is small but has several treadmills and ellipticals. Plus several weight machines and weights. It was minimum for those that excercise extensively but adequate for others. It is open from 8 am until later at night.

Housekeeping was excellent. We were celebrating our anniversary during the trip and they put roses on the bed one evening. One complaint about turn-down service is that they would come between 6-7 pm when we were trying to get ready for dinner. They would come back if asked.

The arabella spa was average. I booked a short massage and a pedicure. If you book items a la carte then you do not have access to the spa. Just the locker room to change into a room. What I really dislike about large and expensive spas is that they act like you go to these locations all the time and should know what to do. I was shown the locker room but once I changed then no one spoke to me. I just waited on the coach and then finally someone came to get me. Not sure why they ask you go to get there 30 min early if you don't have access to the main part of the spa. The massage was excellent. The pedicure was average. I have had a better pedicure at a stateside Aveda location. But it served its purposed. I would have still booked a time time at the spa but I might have done my pedicure stateside before the trip for the cost.

We truly enjoyed our time at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SLM554
, Assistant to the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Good morning to Texas,
May we thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write and share your experiences! We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for your recommendations regarding the SPA, we will certainly bare those in mind.
We would be very happy to welcome you again at the St. Regis Mardavall!
Wishing you all the best!
Kindest regards from mallorca!
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The location is stunning, and the hotel has made the most of it. Elegant, immaculate, luxurious...beautiful service. We think perhaps the very nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. Like an earlier reviewer, I arrived ill. Was great to be put back together! It was hard to leave- a great break on a busy itinerary.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jimwalen
, Assistant to the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hello to Kirkland,
It is good to hear that you recovered! We would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experiences.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Where do I begin?? From arriving at this wonderful hotel everyone greets you with a smile. Our room wasnt ready but we had an excellent lunch and the room was ready when we finished eating. The rooms we had booked were ideal for our needs, ground floor location on the 3rd floor garden was ideal as we travelled with a 5 year old and a 5 month old. My 5 year old daughter was delighted to have her very own pet ducks for the duration of our stay which arrived on our balcony each morning and evening. And i think this hotel has the worlds comfiest beds!!!

Food in the hotel was just amazing. The 6 course meal in Es Fum was just out of this world. We ate in Aqua twice and this was just delicious. I would highly recommend the scallops. And what a breakfast. Simply delicious and such a choice.

The grounds of the hotel itself are maintained to the highest standard yet still remain very relaxed. We spent most of the time at the kids club, such a wide variety of things for children to do here. And providing many sunbeds for the parents around the kids pool is a master stroke. Very safe and happy place for our children to play.

Location is brilliant, short journey to the airport, right next to Marineland and some fantastic restaurants and shops in the nearby port.

This hotel is probably the finest in Europe, if not the world. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Special praise to Josep, possibly the friendliest, most professional man alive. Always a smile, remembers everyones name and has time for a quick chat with everyone.

The only criticism would be the cot provided for my daughter. It had very high sides and was tricky to get our baby into it without her waking up. But this is only a small criticism as she slept soundly in our bed, which was massive.

All in all I would give this hotel 100%. Already looking forward to coming back, probably for our 10th wedding anniversary next August.

Thanks again for a wonderful time!!

Room Tip: All rooms are superb, although the views of the sea are brilliant.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ricky,
Great to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and that we could fulfill all your expectations!
May we thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We look forward to welcoming you soon again!
All the best and warm regards,

Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I arrived at the St. Regis Mardavall Resort weakened and nursing a bad case of stomach flu; I could not have chosen a better place in which to recuperate. My room itself was an oasis of peace and tranquility, from the bed to the furnishings to the view. There is something to be said for luxury properties; higher rates result in noticeable quality everywhere. The construction and its materials, exterior and interior, are all superb, no little detail is overlooked. If my own "five star hotel" (as I call my home) were only so wonderful... I don't often frequent international resort hotels; I am still learning to relax. But if this is an example of how to unwind, it's clear I've been missing something. For the most part, the staff at the Mardavall is multi-lingual; no worry that a guest's request will be misunderstood. How can it be that everybody here seems to be so happy and welcoming, enjoying their opportunity to be of service? Service has long seemed to be a dying art, much less service with a smile. Kudos must be given to Christian Hollweck, the hotel manager, for leading his team and maintaining such a level of excellence. Full disclosure: I was a guest of the hotel for the opening of a unique rock & roll photo show in which my work was displayed, an experience that only confirmed my enthusiasm for this island of luxurious serenity upon my first visit to the island of Mallorca.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank SantaFeB
Buenas tardes to Santa Fe!
Unfortunately your style of writing is also a dying art! Thank you for your great comments! We are very proud to have your wonderful pictures of all those fantastic Rock & Roll Stars in our hotel, they are absolutely brilliant, people just love them!

Sunny regards from Mallorca,

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed June 16, 2012

the mardavall will not just " pamper your tongue " with outstanding and creative food, also the view from terrace is awesome! the service is very attentive and convinced with politeness and humour as well. a perfect place for an unforgettable dinner!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
D_vandenDungen, Assistant to the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear guests,

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your evening at our Gourmet Restaurant "Es Fum" and would like to thank you for taking the time to write and post your review.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 1st week in June and have stayed several times before. Everything lived up to our expectation. The Hotel, the rooms, and the service was absolutely fantastic! Going back in September with not a worry that anything will let us down!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Buenos días to Manchester,

Thank you for your lovely review!
We look forward to welcome you again in September.

Sunny regards,

Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great hotel! Wonderful staff and amenities! I would recommend this hotel. Only thing that is disappointing is the location of the hotel, not really walking distance to anything including the beaches.

Room Tip: Every room seems to be nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
D_vandenDungen, Assistant t the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear guests,

Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay at the St. Regis Mardavall!
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed it.

Maybe you did not have the chance to visit the beautiful luxury harbour "Puerto Portals", with its bars, shops and restaurants, which is only 15 minutes walk from our hotel.

We would be very pleased to welcome you soon again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa d'en Blanes
Park Hyatt Mallorca
Park Hyatt Mallorca
#1 of 15 in Canyamel
Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxur...
#8 of 74 in Palma de Mallorca

Been to The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort? Share your experiences!