**I must preface this review by saying that we stayed for free on points. Had I paid the $1,200 or so for two nights it would normally have cost, I probably would have given the hotel 4 stars.**
The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the Palm Beach airport. When we arrived the valet promptly took care of the car. Since it was 2:30, our room was not ready, but we headed down to the beach. Within 30 minutes a room was ready. We had reserved the smallest one-bedroom suite on points, so imagine our surprise when we got to our room and we had a two-bedroom, two-bath suite on the top floor. Hubby is a Platinum Marriott member but it's been our experience that upgrades when using points are not the norm, so this was a pleasant surprise. The elevators were fast, the room was quiet, and the free water in the lobby was appreciated. The lady in the lobby coffee shop makes a mean caramel macchiato. We were only charged $10/night for the valet as opposed to $20/night as advertised (which feels much more reasonable). The front desk let us check out two hours later than the 11:00 norm, since we had a 4:00 return flight. We were very pleased with the front desk people, who seemed well-trained and actually appeared to care about guests' enjoyment.
The room was lovely...very modern and clean. The view was great--ocean on the right, intracoastal on the left. I'd say 95% of the rooms at the hotel have an ocean view except for the ones in the shorter tower facing the pool, and even those would probably see the intracoastal, so no worries there. The pools were great--got in the lagoon pool and it was nice and warm, despite very windy February temps. It was 78 degrees and sunny one day and about 65 and windy the other day, but the beach chairs have pull-up shades that also help block the wind. We didn't bring the kids on this trip, but if we had, the hotel seemed very family-friendly, what with the full kitchens, the kids' club, and the water slide. There is also a public park right next door with a playground. Don't get me wrong, though; the place did not seem overrun with kids (as was the experience at the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island up the road).
Of course any stay has its ho-hum parts. When opening a Heineken in the (very well stocked and fairly reasonably priced) mini-bar, it was discovered that a previous occupant had drank the beer and filled the (aluminum, non-see-through) bottle with water and recapped it. The front desk promptly brought up a real Heineken. This place can really nickel and dime you. Particularly annoying was the $30/day beach chair rental, although I understand this is the norm up and down Singer Island. All mixed drinks were $14 or $16, and hamburgers were $18. We had a $46 charge added to our bill that was not ours, but the front desk took care of it. The Cafe 3800 waitstaff was a bit underwhelming. We found it really strange that the bathroom door in our room was see-through glass, almost like a second shower stall.
Ocean Blvd. is great for jogging, especially if you head north from the hotel. Heading south, it gets somewhat sketchy after about 3/4 mile. We had a really nice dinner at Cafe Boulud in Palm Beach--great place to take a date for that special French meal (and wow, are the houses around the restaurant something to look at!). Overall, we were greatly pleased with our relaxing and beautiful stay and would definitely come back, especially if our room was free again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated oceanfront between Jupiter and Palm Beach on Florida's famed Gold Coast; Marriott's newest condominium resort is set amidst the aquamarine waters and the glistening sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Our condominium hotel has upgraded room amenities and full kitchens, breathtaking views, and plenty of activities to keep everyone in the family happy. Relax at one of our two pools, spend a day at our signature Spa, play on the beach, or take part in the extraordinary shopping and dinning of Palm Beach, the choices are all yours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Hotel Singer Island
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Singer Island Florida
- Singer Island Resort
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa Florida