We spent 4 nights here over New Year's Eve with our son, 3.5. I was a little hesitant to book this hotel in this area as we have stayed at The Breakers multiple times and I knew going into it that it would not even compare but was willing to give it a shot at least coming close. Boy, was I wrong. The lobby is nothing spectacular and looks like an average hotel. I will give them kudos for great pools - large and very child friendly.
The rooms are large and very nice especially by Marriott standards however here is where some of it fell apart. I took a shower and put on a robe after and my 3.5 year old asked what was on my robe - I thought he was well being three until I looked and there was blood all over the bathrobe - and it certainly wasn't mine! When housekeeping came to do our rooms I noticed she never changed our pillowcases or sheets as we had requested as I had spilled Nyquil and it was still there on the sheets and cases after our room was cleaned. The pull out bed is a joke with springs sticking through and the mattress being paper thin - I asked for a rollaway because I got the flu when there and didn't want to get my son and husband ill and they said that a rollaway could not be sent because we had a pull out couch - even after I explained I was ill.
Service here is deplorable - complete disorganization or lack of training - we ordered lunch at the infinity pool and 1.5 hours later still had not been served - this was also after I had to hunt the server down to order as not once was asked if we wanted anything - after I asked to speak to the manager we finally got our food. This same incident happened the next day on the beach - the server didn't even put our order in - thankfully, the bar tender at the tiki bar on the beach was affable and on his game - so thank you Micah. We tried getting drinks at the bar inside and the guy had no idea how to make half the drinks they had listed on their menu. I found the bar/wait/restaurant service to be unacceptable especially at resort where you are paying over 500/night. I also don't think they should charge 30 for beach chairs and it should be inclusive with the resort. We went to the Breakers - Seafood Bar for dinner one night and had more service and better time in those 3 hours than we did in our 5 day stay at the Marriott.
The positives large rooms, with full kitchen, washer/dryer, great pools and beach. The negatives far outweigh the positives and we will not come back nor will I recommend to anyone else. Marriott failed on so many levels and fell far below my expectations, don't waste your money The Hyatt at Coconut Grove Bonita Springs and the Hyatt Clearwater Beach does a much better job for far less money, now if you truly want the best there is no other place comparable to The Breakers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated oceanfront between Jupiter and Palm Beach on Florida's famed Gold Coast; Marriott's newest condominium resort is set amidst the aquamarine waters and the glistening sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Our condominium hotel has upgraded room amenities and full kitchens, breathtaking views, and plenty of activities to keep everyone in the family happy. Relax at one of our two pools, spend a day at our signature Spa, play on the beach, or take part in the extraordinary shopping and dinning of Palm Beach, the choices are all yours ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Hotel Singer Island
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Singer Island Florida
- Singer Island Resort
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa Florida