“Nice hotel, pet friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
ny
“Nice hotel, pet friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

PRO: Comfortable rooms, very helpful staff, nice beach.
CON: Elevators are old and slow, especially at peak checkin/checkout times.
Hotel should invest in a lobby coffee kiosk for self-serve in the morning hours. The property is 4 miles from town and the nearest store (which is nice for relaxing but reuires effort if you want to go out and get something), and while the hotel has signs that say 'we proudly serve Starbucks coffee' - it sure did not seem like this was true.
They also charge for wi-fi/internet, and do not have a business center.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel and found it clean and comfortable. The personnel were all very nice but two really stood out head and shoulders above the rest; Helen at the front desk and Oskar, who recommended restaurants and drove guests to their destinations. His recommendation provided the best Italian dinner I probably have ever eaten.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

We travelled here on business. It's a great location, right on the beach about twenty minutes from the airport. Check in was smooth with helpful desk personnel. I used the gym which was nice with one elliptical machine and three treadmills.

The downside; The last call at the bar was at 8:00 P.M. Every other Hilton property that I stay at supply me with two bottles of water as I request on my Hilton Honors account. There wasn't any water in the room. The breakfast that should have been included, wasn't. Continental breakfast was included, but they charged extra if you got anything from the hot side of the buffet (eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc.). When I went looking for the business center to check my e-mail, I was directed to the lobby computers that I could use for $3.00 access then .50 cents a minute.

I'll find another hotel to stay at when I return to West Palm Beach.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

A real disappointment. Needed to ask repeatedly for toilet paper, soap, towels and decaf coffee. Eventually found the housekeeping cart and raided it. They just don't have checklists or oversight for the housekeeping staff. Facilities are old and worn out too. Hallway carpets are dingy, and the elevator button housing was smashed into the wall. And after all that, they was $10/hr or $30/day to sit on the beach. Front desk staff was polite, but that's about the only good thing I can say about this hotel (and I have most of my hotel points on Hilton's Hhnonors program). There's a Marriott alongside this Hilton that I'm told is newly redone - it certainly looks it. Thta's where I'll be booking next time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2010

Stayed 1/29/10 and 2/4/10 at the Hilton Singer Island. Nice location on the beach in Palm Beach Shores. Balcony room was very clean and visually pleasing - bed was a bit soft for my comfort, no fridge as stated, and shower/tub area could use some refurbishing - but otherwise a nice very room. Lobby is nice and spacious. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful - allowed for late check out due to evening flight. Restaurant staff was slow when we ate breakfast there. (Hotel is 10-15 min. drive to Palm Beach Gardens Mall and restaurants.) Pool area was nice, although we spent most of our time on the beach. Beach cabanas and loungers could be charged to the room. $6 parking fee and charge for internet cafe. Good priced hotel on the beach sandwiched between much larger pricey hotels and condos.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Beachlovergirl10
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. We had a pool/ partial oceanview with a small balcony. I am glad we got a room on a higher floor, so we didn't have to hear noise from the pool. There were a couple weddings at this hotel during out Memorial day weekend stay. Looks like, It is popular for beach weddings and parties. We stayed in the room mostly. When we wanted to go in the hot tub there were usually a few others there and the water was not really warm at all, but lukewarm. The restaurant in the hotel isn't bad. We had dinner off the propery at a nearby waterside restaurant. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. Good beachside hotel. Hotel was clean and updated, beds were comfy, housekeeping and room service was polite.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2010

I have to say that Hilton Singer Island was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in...The lobby is ok but the rooms are very nice and updated...I planned a quick getaway for my husband and I on our one year anniversary to somewhere close but not too far from us in Boynton Beach, FL...We have a dog and didn't know what and where we would be able to stay...In my search I came across a Diamond in the Ruff...I read reviews and new that it would be a pretty descent hotel that allowed dogs and made my reservations...I asked them to give us an ocean front view/king size bed and even requested rose pedals in the room...

I was quite suprised when we checked in...They remembered it was an anniversary celebration, they had the roses in the shape of a heart on our bed, with a beautiful ocean front view on a wrap around balcony, upgraded room with a swirve LG Flat Panel TV....Etc...

I was very pleased...they kept calling and checking to make sure that we had everything we needed...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
The Breakers
The Breakers
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,060 reviews

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!