“Excellent hotel”

Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Singer Island
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Recently spent 2 days at this hotel. Didn't have much of a view from the 2nd floor, but the room was clean, nicely furnished and all service was great. Great location on Singer Island and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark S
There are newer reviews for Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The Hilton on Singer Island isn't as imposing as some the other hotels there, and can almost be viewed as an island secret. It's not a huge high-rise, so you have to be paying attention not to pass it while driving down Blue Heron. If you're not paying attention to the signage you could possibly miss it. However, it's got to be the best value and overall stay on the island. I took my wife there to start of her Mother's Day weekend. Our stay there was exceptional. The food at the restaurant (especially the breakfast buffet) was excellent! The beach area, beach chairs, and pool/hot tub area where well maintained and lots of fun to enjoy. The balconies are standing balconies that do not have enough room for chairs, unless you pay the extra cost for the ocean front rooms, which have larger balconies with tables and chairs for sitting. It was fine for me though, since all I really wanted out of the balcony was to enjoy being able to stand outside for a few moments and take in the ocean breeze. The bed was super-comfortable and one of the best nights sleep I'd had in a while. Other then some arguing and door slamming we had to endure from some people that were staying on our floor, there were no issues with this hotel. I give them a pass on this one issue, because when I called down to the front desk they sent up security personnel right away. After a bit the noise settled down and that was the only incident of the entire stay, which really wasn't the Hilton's fault. I will be staying here again and would recommend it to anyone thinking about staying on Singer Island. The room and breakfast package was a decent value, perhaps a little bit higher than it should be, but I wouldn't haggle over $15 - $20 if I plan on staying on Singer Island. Overall it was an awesome experience and I'm glad I chose this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I switched hotels from PGA Blvd to be on the beach. Being on the beach was nice, but the room was more cramped and less appointed than what I moved from. The noise was mostly associated with a couple of social events that increased the number of guests that had been drinking excessively. Otherwise, the scenery and atmosphere were nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We spent two nights here and it was beautiful. The staff was very attentive (especially the bell boys) and on their GAME! Within the first 20min they delivered our luggage, brought us ice and a complimentary refrigerator. We were on the side of the building so we still had great views of the ocean but the balcony couldn't accommodate any chairs (too narrow). The room was clean and roomy. Complimentary WI-Fi and newspaper. The beach and pool area were spotless and well kept by the employees. The one downside was the tiki bar. The view and atmosphere was spectacular BUT the bartender while friendly kept an unkempt bar. The bar was NOT FULL, maybe 1/3 but he took forever to wait on us and when we finished our first drink we MAY have had a second but he hadn't even chatted with us or acknowledged our presence in so long we decided to go and that took over half an hour to get his attention to get the bill. And expensive at that, $15 for two drinks, well drink and a draft beer with no service. We like a cocktail and watching the sunset but the service forced us back to our room and our own libations.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the beach they have better balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chartrumb
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We enjoyed a nice getaway to Singer Island and the beach was beautiful and the staff attentive. Sadly, this hotel has seen better days and was extremely dated and in need of an update and major repairs. The elevators didn't work; the staff was un-informed, unfriendly and un-attentive, and the lobby area had all the warmth of an early 1980's airport lounge. The work out room was nice and the evening restaurant manager was very hospitable. Otherwise the staff and the hotel need to be completely re-done.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
George I, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

We appreciate your candid comments and I apologize for the condition of the hotel. Your comments will be reviewed for improvement and follow up. Thank you for making us aware of your stay and observations.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

To be honest, when in the area I generally stay at the Breakers, but for this trip it simply wasn't possible so my traveling companion booked us here. I was a little apprehensive. I had stayed at the Hilton in Vegas and had been disappointed, but still gave it a go.

We had a lovely view of the ocean from our room, the breeze was wonderful as it gently blew into our room. The linens in our room were soft and very comfortable, the decor tranquil and perfect for being at the beach.

The room service was quick, and good. LOL, we ordered nearly everything on the menu and they got everything right.

I only visited the pool once, and was more captivated by the ocean and enjoyed it more. (Pool is a little small) and I was very happy to learn that there was a laundry on the premises as while I love the sand and the water, lol, I didn't relish taking it home with me ;)

We had a lovely time and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank j g
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We chose this hotel for the last night of our holiday in Florida. And when we made the booking, we agreed to pay significantly more for a sea view room. Great was our disappointment then when we got to the room and saw that our view was to the building alongside! When we complained, the reception explained that "sea view" included half of the rooms to the side of the hotel. So "sea view" meant that, if you leaned out on the balcony, you would have a view of the sea! I think this is a serious case of being miss-sold and unfortunately left a very bad impression. Unfortunately our night was further spoiled by a very noisy air conditioning unit, which kept switching on and off with great disturbance through the night. These factors made a stay that otherwise could have been magical, at best average.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort
SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!