Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
florida
“Much improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I visited this hotel during renovations two years ago and gave it a bad review. The renovations are complete and what a diffrence. I was amazed at the much improved Customer Service. Employees were pleasant and very helpful. The hotel was blessedly quiet.

The room and hotel were clean and appealing. Elevators ran well and restaurant was fine. Nice beach and pool view.

Only a few minor complaints, they charge $10.00 a night for parking in a ungated unkempt parking lot, they put really cheap fake wood flooring in bathroom and room entry way, and as a Hilton Gold hhonors member didn't even leave a note or a bottle of water.

Room Tip: The higher the room number the better the ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Of the eight different hotels we stayed in during a recent trip to Florida, this was probably the one we enjoyed the most. Built in 1986, the hotel has a relatively modest eight floors compared to others in the vicinity. The attractive beach is a short walk away and there is a paddling pool for toddlers next to the main pool. Most rooms have a view of the sea and the restaurant is very good. The only negative points, both relatively small, are the additional charge for parking and the limited breakfast menu. However, an excellent breakfast can be had in a cafe called Paris in Town, a short drive north of MacArthur Beach State Park, just before the road meets Highway 1.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hixson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We absolutely loved this hotel! We had a room on the 7th floor (and the 8th floor, but more on that later). The bed was very comfortable. I loved the roomy shower with the door that could swing either in or out. And the large lighted mirror in the bathroom was very nice. The room also had a desk and a comfortable chair and ottoman. I liked that all the lamps had an outlet in their base so you could plug in your phone or Kindle wherever there was a lamp.

The view of the ocean from the balcony was spectacular. The water is so blue on this particular beach. The pool was a good-size pool. We did swim in the pool and did not want to get out!

I did enjoy the variety of foods that they offered for breakfast. Be sure to try their omelets!

Regarding the room change - on our second day there, I noticed that the room lock did not work. I always jiggle the door knob when exiting a hotel room, and it did not lock (it was working the previous day). I contacted the hotel front desk, and they had two different guys come up and try to fix it. When it unlocked itself again, I was moved to a room on the 8th floor - same floor plan, same bed type, etc. The manager was very nice and apologized for us having to move. The manager sent the valet up to assist with us moving our luggage, and he came up with a nice hand-written card from the manager and a bag of salt water taffy. I LOVE salt water taffy. Anyways, between the taffy and the helpfulness of the manager and valet, I still love this hotel, even with the room change.

Thanks for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gayle-and-Linda
George I, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. I must apologize for the lock malfunctioning as this is a very unusual occurrence and it is rare when our engineering team can not correct the repair immediately. I am glad the staff which assisted you during your room change provided you the type of service we are noted for. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a fantastic ocean front view from our corner room, large windows, nice balcony. The beach was really nice. The pool was also very nice. There were a lot of people but it was large enough that it didn't feel crowded.

We were disappointed with the food at the restaurant so we ended up going out to eat and finding local restaurants. I also was disappointed that we had to pay to use the beach chairs and umbrellas, they usually come standard if you are the guests of a beach resort.

Overall the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SundaeSunday
Washington DC, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Claiming this as a resort is a stretch. Very dated, staff not very friendly or welcoming. Nickel and dime you on the amenities such as chairs for beach, parking. The drive in is not a very nice neighborhood

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

1 Thank Brian B
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Too bad I was staying here for a business trip, the beach and pool looked amazing and the hotel is really nice and clean. I only had one problem with the A/C in my room, they told me that they will fix it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We first went to the Hilton Singer five years ago for a wedding. How lucky we found this place! We go to FL annually and now always end our vacation here. It's not too big but offers a lot. Love the location of the pool and then a few steps down you are on the beach . A bar by the pool and restaurant there too. I have found that having an oceanview room is very important to me after booking one on our third stay here in 2010. I wanted a little more special room back then because my husband (age 56) had a heart attack that year and actually died. He is a firefighter and happen to be working at the fire dept. that fateful day , on his way to a call. Since he was with the best people he could be with ( and the ambulance was on the call with them) they stopped in the middle of the street,( sent another ambulance to the call) administered CPR and shocked his heart twice...bringing him back...how grateful and fortunate we are.....back to reason of this explanation!....When we arrived this year to our favorite spot I had made a mistake in booking our room. I thought I had a "complete" oceanview room like before however an "alcove oceanview" is not the same. It is a side room and if you go out on the balacony and peer around you see the oceanview. Not good enough for me....need to have the sliding glass doors open with the sound of the ocean waves and the delightful ocean breeze blowing lightly as you sleep...heaven!..At the front desk I asked if there was anything that could be done to switch our room.......one word..."Helen"....I know it wasn't easy and she made it happen. She doesn't even know how much it meant to us! This is why I like it here. The rooms are so comfortable and the staff is wonderful and happy..........Helen...again..thank you so much....This is the kind of service that makes the difference....we will be back!

Room Tip: Alcove oceanview not as good as oceanview.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bamjjo
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special annual trip to Florida with your husband. I am glad to hear that one of our team members assisted you with a very difficult task and helping you find the exact type of room your desired. The team member which assisted you is noted for her special service to many of our guests and she has one desire which is to assure all guests are fully satisfied with their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again and if you need special assistance with your future reservations please contact our hotel directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,910 reviews

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!