Surprised my wife with a 4 day getwaya from the snow in St. Louis with a trip to Palm Beach. I chose the Hilton Singer Island based on location and price. It was certainly the best price I could find while still being directly on the beach. For the price, compared to other beachfront hotels, I wasn't expecting the moon, but we were pleasantly surprised.
LOCATION was AMAZING. Oceanfront, beautiful beaches, beautiful water. The beaches were calm and not too crowded or touristy. Not too much to do in the Singer Island area, but that's what we wanted. Relaxing and pretty. It delivered on both. Unless you have your own beach chairs, you have to rent chair/umbrellas or cabanas by the hour or day. $10 and hour or $30 for the day. Beach staff was great.
The food was great. best hotel food I've had in a long while. Room service was great but pricey. Ketch was great with beachfront dining, great food and outstanding service. Shaun was the best server we've had anywhere in a long long time. The food was great, the view was better. The prices about what you'd expect from a beachfront hotel.
THE POOL AREA was nice. Didn't spend too much time there, but the pool staff were very nice and helpful. The pool is not heated but surprisingly warm for February. The hot tub was hot and relaxing. The also had a decent gym area.
FRONT DESK staff were super friendly, but were not able to accomodate a room change because they were supposedly booked. It didn't seem that busy but I'll take their word for it. the common areas were decorated very nice. They were very clean and convenient. We did not have to pay for parking like some have said either.
THE ROOM was great. Very clean. Beds were very comfortable, to our liking. Bathroom was great. Shower pressure was great, but the temp did fluctuate from warm to very hot. That was annoying. WiFi cost 9.99 a day. Can't believe some hotels still charge for that service. Plus my cell reception from Verizon INSIDE the hotel was very spotty. Our view from the north side second floor was crappy. I posted a pic of our view. We were directly roof level with all the rooftop AC units totally in our line of sight. Again, I understood that some rooms are more desirable than others, and that was probably one of the reasons I got such a great deal on the room, so we put up with it. We could still see the ocean, so that was nice, but we didn't spend too much time in the room anyway. TV channels were in HD and a good selection. Housekeeping were friendly when we had contact with them, but we're the kind of people that hand the do not disturb sign on the handle as soon as we walk in and don't take it off til we leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront Palm Beaches Resort and enjoy private beach access and stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean. Conveniently located near I-95 and between Jupiter and Palm Beach, this Singer Island Hotel offers onsite restaurants, pool, kids program, event space and close to shopping, recreational activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront Hotel Singer Island
- Hilton West Palm Beach
- Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront Resort
- West Palm Beach Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Singer Island
- Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort Florida