“Wish I could give half star would get a 3.5”

Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
FL
“Wish I could give half star would get a 3.5”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We paid $162 (they charge extra for kids over 18) for a direct beach front room with 2 double beds, you can request a microwave (old, old, old and very tiny mini fridge). The room was a bit cramped for a family of four, the beds are only doubles because the room would be really cramped if they put queens in there. The room was pretty clean, not perfect, but clean. The maid service, however, left a lot to be desired. I'm not a terrible complainer but when you're paying over $150/per night for a room and you run out of toilet paper and have to ask twice for extra towels that never came until the next day it's a bit of a problem. Just giving the facts. :-)

The beach here is really, really nice with some sunken boulders that attract fish so one can snorkel. The pool area is very clean and very nice. The restaurant and outdoor areas are really special and would make an exceptional wedding venue.

The breakfast buffet looked and smelled delicious but we were on a budget so we bought groceries for the room. I asked the price for the breakfast buffet with an omelet station. They told me $16 which I felt wasn't bad considering all the food on it. I went down to get a complimentary cup of coffee since our coffee mugs were not replaced.

The reservation agent Nickole was very nice, friendly and accommodating and even helped us immensely to get our two parties on the same floor in nice ocean view rooms. Here's a tip room 527 is not direct ocean view but in my opinion nicer than the direct ocean view room we had in 531 because it had a king bed with much more room a sofa sleeper (they did find a dead bug in it) and a sink. The really cool thing was that this room opened to a side hallway where the 2 direct ocean view rooms were so you could get three rooms and close the two direct ocean view rooms off to the main hallway so that you can have a bit more privacy if you have a large party with a family or close friends. The girl who checked us in was the as nice charging us to park only one car when we had two and one had a boat trailer on the back.. The girl checking us out took the info I gave about the maid service with a polite but unapologetic attitude and we later found her trying on an item we had turned in to lost and found.

We did splurge on a virgin Pina Colada that was not tasty at all and very overpriced.

Traci

Room Tip: See above. We had 527 ocean side view was GREAT! BIgger balcony than 531 which was direct ocean view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
dtsurf, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Traci - thanks for sharing your experience. I’m glad that our front desk staff was able to take care of you but I regret that you experienced some service issues. I have addressed the housekeeping issues and undesirable encounter with our staff at checkout. I’m also terribly sorry you found a dead bug and have asked our pest services to come out and rectify any possible problem. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good sized room, with a lovely view of the beach. Nice pool area with beach bar. Evening meal in the restaurant was fine with good service. Quite noisy during the early morning and the hotel is undergoing reservations but this did not affect us.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lease J
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just wanted to start off by saying Thank you to all the staff who made mine and my husband's wedding go perfect!! As stressful as weddings could be, the staff at the Hilton made my weekend non stressful!! I wanted to point out Nickole & Keely in the sales department, they made everything run smoothly! From helping me with my dress to all the way at the end of the wedding and making sure I actually sat down and ate my meal!! I can't be more happy with them. I would defiantly recommend this hotel for any wedding, party, or even just staying here for the weekend!! Thanks again to all the staff who helped made our weekend Perfect!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ileana S
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My Boyfriend and I stayed here for New Years Eve, just now finding time to write a review after accepting that Hilton is never going to respond to me. The hotel was average, a little below par for a Hilton, but the facility itself wasn't bad. My chief complaint is with the customer service, or lack there of. Our room only had a stocked mini fridge and we had some take out and drinks of our own we wanted to keep cool so we took the stocked items out of the fridge so our items would fit inside. We replaced everything as it was before we left. Apparently if you move anything in a stocked fridge it charges you because the computer assumes you used it. When I checked out i spoke to the gentleman at the front desk about the extra charges and explained we only moved the items but did not use anything out of the fridge. He apologized, removed the items from my bill, printed me a new copy showing the charges removed and we left happily....Well when i saw my credit card statement I realized they still charged us for it! I called back trying to rectify the situation and the woman I spoke to was extremely rude, pretty much told me I was lying, and then said she would "look into it and call me back". She never called back, I left her several messages and never got anywhere. Still very annoyed that no one ever even bothered to call me back, I contacted Hilton directly and made a complaint at the corporate level via email. To this day, nearly a year later, I haven't heard from either the singer Island Hilton, nor Hilton Corporate. I'm dissatisfied with their entire organization and will never stay in a Hilton, or book any travel for anyone in my organization at a Hilton, EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kimberly D
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here on business and the staff was one of the friendliest and the hospitality was superb. Hotel was undergoing renovations but facilities were very nice and comfortable. Restaurant also had very good food. Would recommend if staying in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days at the end of September 2012 and it was a nice surprise. The Hotel is under renovation, but we didn't have problems with this. It's a basic Hotel but all that they offered works! Our room was a bit small but with a nice ocean view and very clean. The location on Singer Island is fantastic, right on the beach. The staff were friendly and helpful, specially Vany Comas, she did all to make our stay fantastic, thanks!

Room Tip: Higher floors with ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aasr81
North Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 4 oclock in the afternoon and our room wasn't ready yet. Walter at the front desk called up to housekeeping and was told it would be a few minutes left. Now, this has happened to me in the past and I was usually told to come back later. Not here! Walter handed me to cocktail tickets for the tiki bar on the beach and had the bellman grab our bags. He said he would come get us in the bar when our room was ready. After a long day, sitting in the beach bar with a Margaritta was just about perfect. When Walter brought us our keys, he also said that our bags were already in our room.
This was a double queen, I had requested a King. However, from the balcony there was a spectacular view of the ocean that gave us the perfect morning wake-up at sunrise.
While this hotel was under remodeling at the time, they really did their best to keep the distractions and noise to a very minimum. It didn't bother us at all.
The restaurant is OK and I can't explain why I gave it only an OK. The Grilled Mahi was perfect, the bartender couldn't have been nicer. It may just be the ombiance. It faces the beach, but you really can't see it. Breakfast was very good and again the staff could not have been better. Offering to go cups of coffee before we left and just taking care of things.
Overall, my wife and I had a great stay and would like to go back again after the renovations are completed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PeterV54301
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!