“Awful Customer Service-Extra charges!”

Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
Tampa, Florida
“Awful Customer Service-Extra charges!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My Boyfriend and I stayed here for New Years Eve, just now finding time to write a review after accepting that Hilton is never going to respond to me. The hotel was average, a little below par for a Hilton, but the facility itself wasn't bad. My chief complaint is with the customer service, or lack there of. Our room only had a stocked mini fridge and we had some take out and drinks of our own we wanted to keep cool so we took the stocked items out of the fridge so our items would fit inside. We replaced everything as it was before we left. Apparently if you move anything in a stocked fridge it charges you because the computer assumes you used it. When I checked out i spoke to the gentleman at the front desk about the extra charges and explained we only moved the items but did not use anything out of the fridge. He apologized, removed the items from my bill, printed me a new copy showing the charges removed and we left happily....Well when i saw my credit card statement I realized they still charged us for it! I called back trying to rectify the situation and the woman I spoke to was extremely rude, pretty much told me I was lying, and then said she would "look into it and call me back". She never called back, I left her several messages and never got anywhere. Still very annoyed that no one ever even bothered to call me back, I contacted Hilton directly and made a complaint at the corporate level via email. To this day, nearly a year later, I haven't heard from either the singer Island Hilton, nor Hilton Corporate. I'm dissatisfied with their entire organization and will never stay in a Hilton, or book any travel for anyone in my organization at a Hilton, EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kimberly D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here on business and the staff was one of the friendliest and the hospitality was superb. Hotel was undergoing renovations but facilities were very nice and comfortable. Restaurant also had very good food. Would recommend if staying in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days at the end of September 2012 and it was a nice surprise. The Hotel is under renovation, but we didn't have problems with this. It's a basic Hotel but all that they offered works! Our room was a bit small but with a nice ocean view and very clean. The location on Singer Island is fantastic, right on the beach. The staff were friendly and helpful, specially Vany Comas, she did all to make our stay fantastic, thanks!

Room Tip: Higher floors with ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aasr81
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 4 oclock in the afternoon and our room wasn't ready yet. Walter at the front desk called up to housekeeping and was told it would be a few minutes left. Now, this has happened to me in the past and I was usually told to come back later. Not here! Walter handed me to cocktail tickets for the tiki bar on the beach and had the bellman grab our bags. He said he would come get us in the bar when our room was ready. After a long day, sitting in the beach bar with a Margaritta was just about perfect. When Walter brought us our keys, he also said that our bags were already in our room.
This was a double queen, I had requested a King. However, from the balcony there was a spectacular view of the ocean that gave us the perfect morning wake-up at sunrise.
While this hotel was under remodeling at the time, they really did their best to keep the distractions and noise to a very minimum. It didn't bother us at all.
The restaurant is OK and I can't explain why I gave it only an OK. The Grilled Mahi was perfect, the bartender couldn't have been nicer. It may just be the ombiance. It faces the beach, but you really can't see it. Breakfast was very good and again the staff could not have been better. Offering to go cups of coffee before we left and just taking care of things.
Overall, my wife and I had a great stay and would like to go back again after the renovations are completed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PeterV54301
Harvey, Louisiana
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very basic hotel. Not much of a resort. Very small pool and doesn't have a seperate grill area for pool area. It's basically a hotel with access to the beach and it happens to have an outdoor pool . I've been to many resorts and this one doesn't compare.

• Stayed September 2012
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here August 2012 - We spent a week at Disney and then wanted a few days by the ocean. And we just picked the Hilton Singer Island by reading the reviews. And it worked out. We picked an Ocean view room and we were not disappointed. The view could not have been better. The sunrises were awesome the swimming in the ocean was awesome. We even swam with sea turtles. Even our kids 12 and 17 loved it. We would stay here again and we would recommend this hotel. Sure you are paying for the view, but it is worth it, you will enjoy the weather and the ocean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I spent a week in the penthouse "suite" with an ocean view. Having traveled all over the world, this room can hardly be classified as a suite. The location is great and has a wonderful view. The hotel was being renovated when I was there and the balconies were being worked on which created a large amount of concrete dust. This dust covered my brand new mercedes and the staff seemed less than compassionate about my situation. The car was parked over 100 feet away from the building too. Bottom line is this hotel is too old to keep up with the better resorts in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank James W
dtsurf, General Manager at Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again we apologize for the inconvenience of our renovations and if there is anything that we can do to rectify this issue, please let me know. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!