Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in March 2012 for a brief getaway... Absolutely perfect. Staff was amazing! Oskar, Sean, Brian, Margie and Mike were incredibly friendly and helpful. All we are talking about is when we are going back.... Perfect for a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

First... the staff gets 5++ starts. Impeccable customer service. From the moment I walked in at 1pm and got an early check in until the second I left, every single Hilton staff member excelled in customer service.

The pluses: customer service. Almost finished with a beautiful renovation. Delicious food. I was cramming on a work project and had room service for one lunch and two dinners. The coconut shrimp melted in my mouth. The sea bass was some of the best I've ever had. The Mahi sandwich and dinner filet were delicious.. with flavorful sauces. The key lime pie was delicious and the creme brulee was quite nice. Very nice breakfast buffet.

I ate one meal in the Tiki bar.. We sat at counter facing the ocean. It was just beautiful. Barbie was a wonderful server. Live music was very nice.

The room was spacious and clean with a big window that faced the Marriott but had a nice view of the ocean, too. At first I was disappointed that there wasn't a bath tub, but I really liked the roman shower. Nice lighting with plenty of lamps and outlets. Great big nice chair that I spent hours in working on the computer.. lovely breeze coming through the 7th floor balcony window. I could hear the ocean surf.

The pool was nice with plenty of seating. The beach is close and easy to get to. The staff put out chairs and loungers... $10 an hour or $30 a day to rent. That seemed a bit strange to me at first.. but it does guarantee a nice spot and was totally worth it. They "close" at 5 pm ... which means they make you get off the chairs! That seems awfully early to be, but not a big deal.

Could do better.... these are mostly small things:

-The lobby/restaurant areas was FREEZING cold.

-The "pantry" where they keep snacks and sundries really needs to have more choices.. maybe some fruit and yogurt and calorie free energy drinks.

-Housekeeping cleaned the room well, but I had to on two different days to request the coffee supplies be restocked. They promptly and politely responded.

-Not the HIlton's fault.. but there is some noisy construction going on between the Marriott and the Hilton and on the street.

I would definitely come back here... the beach is grand!

Room Tip: Get a high floor. As for one that is away from the main road.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Small room, older, dated property, well sited. Busy time of the season, with 1 elevator out of order the whole time we were there (4 days). Really small pool area for the size of the hotel. Beach is nice and right there. Currently there is construction in front of and beside the hotel, which makes for an early and noisy morning. Generous breakfast buffet and nice beach bar, looks right at the shore. Just okay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This place was really nice...clean hotel room and a nice beach in the back. My husband and I really needed a restful vacation, and were looking forward to getting away from work.

There were just a few problems: (1) Our room wasn't ready at the posted check-in time of 4pm. We checked in at 4:11pm, and walked all the way up to our room, only to find that housekeeping was still cleaning the room. We had to lug all of our stuff back down to the lobby to re-check into a new room, that still wasn't ready. They finally got us our room 20 minutes later. (2) The next morning (day of check out), we were rudely awoken by housekeeping knocking on our door at 9am. It's funny how they were late in getting us our room the night before, but were anxious to kick us out the next day before the scheduled check out of 11am. If you know we're checking out, at least let us check out before you knock on our door. Didn't you review the log book to see who was checking out? After I informed the housekeeper that we were still sleeping, she said sorry and moved onto the next room. Ten minutes later, I'm rudely awoken AGAIN by the same housekeeper, blasting mariachi music in the room directly across from our room! HELLO??? Didn't I just tell you that we were still sleeping? She didn't hear me asking her to turn down the music, and it took another housekeeper (name: America) to tell her to turn it off. How rude!

Upon check out, we tried to inform the manager about the situation, but of course, one was not available. Cheketa, the front desk employee, took down my name and number, and said that the manager would call me back. I'm still waiting...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hungrygirl04
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We initially booked this hotel for five days,but when we arrived very dissapointed.The lobby was depressing and unwelcoming.We paid three hundred dollars a night,therefore expecting a good hotel.The floors were dirty and as this hotel has gone through a refurb of millions,god knows what they spent it on! We asked for a cappochino and were told they had run out of coffe beans!!We then asked someone else ten minutes later and got oneWe had to pay 8 dollars for parking our car in there car park per night!
When we sunbathed they were jet spraying the pool area and had to move twice,did not even ask if if we would mind moving,just gave us a cold shower.The sun beds are 30 dollars a day!Never been to a hotel and had to pay for a sunbed on a hotels private beach.The room was cleaned at 3.30,so had to back downstairs while they cleaned.All in all we found it so depressing we checked out three days early and came home.I do not like to complain as sometimes there are good reasons for circumstances,but this was unacceptable,many people were complaining.
Paris hilton should go and stay for a night,she would have to go into therapy!
Also the air conditioning is very noisy so had to turn off,clever some would say!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank geoffrey498
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Lots of options in West Palm Beach, but this one is a nice smaller hotel with all the amenities right on the beach with awesome views of the ocean. If you are lucky enough to get an OCEANFRONT room, we did, the view is spectacular. A bit dated and feels like it needs an update to compete with a HUGE Marriott next door, but priced accordingly as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the high floor and ask for an upgrade to oceanfront!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Travelerwithkids65
Miami Shores, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I got married at this Hilton on Dec 31st this year. We could not have asked for better service, help, etc! Nickole and the rest of the event planning group were absolutely wonderful and so helpful! They day went very smoothly and was beautiful- such a great location! I would highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kate H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
4.0 of 5 stars 1,200 reviews
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
The Breakers
The Breakers
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,973 reviews

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!