New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Birthday Party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

My family and friends came to my party and everything was wonderful even though it was raining and blowing, the drop down canvas kep everyone comfortable. Our block of rooms were great, too. The planning, I understand, was difficult because of all the contractual documents the hotel must use, but they made it work for us. They've been renovating (party was in November 2011) but we knew that in advance; still, we had everything we needed and loved the location, too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Stayed here for three days in an oceanfront room on the fourth floor with a wrap-around balcony. Full sun in the morning; great place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. We had free internet and breakfast because we are Hilton Honors members. The internet was a bit iffy; breakfast was typical Hilton fare, with omelettes made to order. We had a huge walk-in shower with great water pressure and thick fluffy towels. We found all staff that we dealt with to be friendly and helpful. On the negative side, we felt that $8 per day for parking was excessive. We were there when a wedding was going on and it got pretty noisy (only until around 10:30 though). The walls are not very soundproof; I could hear people talking next door in the morning as well as their alarm clock. There was a strange noise coming from the AC when it was on.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank t42
Upper Brookville, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Fun but exhausting...great location and have stayed here more than I would like to admit because I love the area. But let's face it...you get the feeling that they all just can't wait for you to leave. I have enjoyed and suffered through this hotel for so many years. The place is a little tired but clean and well located. I k ow all the staff very well and I kill myself to make them happy and to like me. It just doesn't matter...you will wait a
Ifetime for a drink at the bar and always feel like a burden. They have a guy named zorn(? Sp) that works the beach that will do anything and a bartender on Monday's named Andrew that would invite you home for dinner...other than that? Forget it....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank amc10
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had the most beautiful wedding at this resort. Nickole D'Angelo spent plenty of time with my daughter and myself to make sure this would be the perfect day! We chose a breakfast buffet and the service and food were excellent. Several guests stayed overnight and really enjoyed the amenities. I cannot say enough about the beach pavilion, it held 130 guests quite comfortably with a large dance floor to boot! We were delighted that we chose this resort as we certainly felt that it was the perfect choice for us!!! I cannot wait to go back for dinner sometime soon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie H
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

The staff & service is friendly & very courteous - from the front desk, to the restaurant, to the beach attendant. The location is quite good - with the beach steps behind the hotel. The hotel will let you take towels to the beach. You can rent just an umbrella (cheaper) or umbrella & chairs by the hour or whole day. If you get the latter, there is the limit to how close to the water they can put the chairs. As for the hotel property itself, it is still undergoing some renovations and I presume will be much better when it is done. The furniture in our room was kinda old and scruffy; but they are supposed to be changed soon. There was no fridge or microwave in the room - which is a big minus. We got the King Alcove Oceanview room and the bulk of the view was the black rooftop of the adjacent building. Admittedly, we do get a very good view of the ocean too; but, we didnn't realize that there is a difference between an Oceanview and Ocean-front room, till we got there. Not a big issue though. We did get free parking as there was construction going on, but, normal rates were $8/day - which I would not be very happy with esp. as it is normal outdoor parking. The outside seating for the restaurant faces the ocean and is a great area for having your breakfast etc. Overall, an average hotel, but, the good service takes it a notch above average.

Room Tip: Get the Ocean front rooms, if you can.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RaviMN
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

The Hilton should be ashamed to call this a "resort". It is a glorified Days Inn. Save your money or stay somewhere else. There's no management at this hotel, as I found out when I had issues with reservations, was put on hold for a half hour and transferred around numerous times, received different answers, attitude and someone actually hanging up on me after I asked for their name. The waitstaff is TERRIBLE. They have no clue what they are doing and the bartenders are also quite awful. They need some new management in this hotel, they need to fire everyone and start over. If you plan on going to the beach and getting drinks delivered to you, you may as well stay home. The waiter we had ignored us a handfull of times, then he finally saw me flagging him down, came over took our order and took 30 minutes to get us a beer and a water.
Have you ever eaten at a resort and had the waitstaff complain saying verbatem "Why does this always happen every day?!" and tell customers to "hold on" when a customer ordered a drink after sitting unattended for 15 minutes? I highly doubt it. The service was completely unacceptable. The next morning I went to cash in on my free breakfast and found myself being yelled at by one of the waitresses."What do you want? Do you want breakfast?" Then yelling across the room to another person. "do we still have breakfast?!" Then she breathed down my neck the whole time, gave us a pot full of coffee with rust all in it, I have a picture and plan on uploading it. It's gross.
I want to call Gordon Ramsey or have Restaurant Impossible come into this resort and shut it down!
If you do happen to make the mistake of booking here, make sure to eat and drink at the gorgeous Marriott next door. That's where I went and I had a great time.

Also reviewed another comment on this website and had something very similar happen in terms of the bathroom. Had a huge public hair or chest hair in the sink and hand prints all over the balcony. Really disgusting.

Whoever manages this hotel should be ashamed and demoted. Hilton, take notice, get in there and fix it! It's sad.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amy F
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

great service, great staff. terrific ocean view. food was very good and served in a timely manner.
the only downside to this event was:
construction
Special thank you to Gina, Nikole, Kathryn, Rosemarie, and Keely.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ashanti A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,246 reviews
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
The Breakers
The Breakers
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,025 reviews

Been to Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort? Share your experiences!