“Convenient for divers”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Singer Island
Hotel Paradise & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Convenient for divers”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We have stayed at Hotel Paradise several times, and found it a wonderfully convenient place. For divers, Phil Foster Park is just a few blocks away, and the beach and several restaurants are within easy walking distance. A newly-opened Publix is handy for stocking up on groceries if you prefer to eat in. The rooms are clean, the owner and staff are friendly and accommodating. We consider the place a "find," and will be using them for future trips.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kay W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stuart, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay from April 20 - 29, 2012. I needed affordable sleeping accommodations for a nearby 10-day retreat and Hotel Paradise was perfect. The price was right, the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and tidy, parking was easy, the tiki themed setting was fun and friendly, and even though the hotel sits on the main road, my room was quiet. You were able to provide a room with two beds so I was able to split my costs with another person attending the retreat . That worked out great for both of us.

I took advantage of walks on the nearby beach to watch the sunrise or just to unwind at the end of the day. I also enjoyed the nearby affordable restaurants within walking distance: Thai, beach grill/bar, and coffee/bagel shop. In addition, the sparkling new Publix just over the bridge on Blue Heron was so convenient to pick up daily groceries and necessities.

I have been commuting from Stuart to West Palm Beach during the winter for 5 years to attend weekend events at the meditation center and had never considered staying overnight in WPB because of the high hotel costs. Now that I have discovered the old Florida charm of south Singer Island -- that will change. I look foward to future stays and will recommend your hotel to other weekend commuters from Stuart and Miami.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nora W
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Loved staying here this weekend. My boo and I made a drive up from Fort Lauderdale for the night to check out the area. The front of the building made it appear a little sketchy, but when we were taken behind the building to the cottage area, we immediately loved it. Charming tiki hut, spacious apartment style rooms. Clean. And for the prize - amazing. I highly recommend this property - if staying in a cottage.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leah G
Shaker Heights
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The cottage was a dream come true. A few blocks from the ocean and snorkiling. Very clean and decorated witha "feel good" atmosphere. I went there not knowing what to expect and loved everything about it. The owner and staff were friendly, helpful and always available. A clean, affordable accomodation with a laid back atmosphere. Pet friendly. My dog and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cyclewoman50
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel. The rooms were adorabe...and clean. Friendly service, great price and super close to the beach! Love it and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you're looking for a relaxing, laid back vacation, close to the ocean ... this is the place for you! Singer Island, just 20 minutes north of West Palm Beach, has a long stretch of beautiful beach and although the Patio Island Resort (also known as Motel Paradise) is not on the beach, it's literally a five minute walk away. There are also some great restaurants less than a five minute walk away, and the Sailfish Marina where you can book a fishing trip, listen to live music at the outdoor restaurant, and browse the craft/art fair every Thursday night. Al, the owner, is very friendly, very laid back and goes out of his way to make sure everyone is happy. There is a centre court yard with a covered Tiki Hut, two large BBQ's, and lots of comfortable chairs, cushions and couches. My wife and I had our coffee, breakfast and lunch out there and it was a nice place to meet and talk to the other guests. We had a great vacation and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MCBLUES
Suntree, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2012

True to it's name it is a piece of " Paradise". I have made this the only place to stay when I visit Singer Island for SCUBA diving (the Blue Heron Bridge which is two blocks away, is in the top ten of dive spots in the USA). I have stayed here three times in the last few months and will return again, and again. I found Paradise by Google maps, then visited it in person before booking my first stay. I am a single female traveler and like to check things out in advance so there are no surprises. I was surprised by the terrible rating left by a couple in November about how horrible their stay was. Like I said, I have stayed three times in the last few months and have had nothing but a wonderful stay and have felt very safe and secure here more than I have at other hotels in my travels. The hotel rooms are spotless, spotless, spotless clean and decorated in a Florida island theme, and very comphy beds. There is a microwave, refridgerator, table and chairs, large remote control TV, remote control AC, and wi-fi too. No swimming pool, but with the crystal clear water at the beach who needs one! The whole property is very well maintained and well lit at night. The property also has grills to cook your seafood catch of the day, and a large tiki hut in the courtyard with relaxing chairs and couchs to enjoy the evening beach air. There are many great restaurants (Longboat Johnny's is my favorite for breakfast or dinner), bars, stores, marinas, parks, and the beach within walking distance of the hotel. Allan the owner is very accomadating to your individual needs (especially if you forgot something.... like a wine bottle opener), he has always been just a phone call away if he is off property, and this place unlike other hotels is pet friendly too. Allan has always been helpful with recommendations of local activities happening in the area, (like Thursday nights art festival at Sailfish Marina where there were awesome Grouper Dogs and Conch Fritters to die for). I highly recommend this resort to everyone (as long as you leave a room for me)! Thanks, "Divemaster Diane"

Room Tip: All the rooms and cottages are decorated differently, so ask to see them if you have a choice. I hav...