“Adorbs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Paradise & Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Singer Island
Hotel Paradise & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Singer Island
Fort Lauderdale
“Adorbs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Loved staying here this weekend. My boo and I made a drive up from Fort Lauderdale for the night to check out the area. The front of the building made it appear a little sketchy, but when we were taken behind the building to the cottage area, we immediately loved it. Charming tiki hut, spacious apartment style rooms. Clean. And for the prize - amazing. I highly recommend this property - if staying in a cottage.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leah G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Shaker Heights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

The cottage was a dream come true. A few blocks from the ocean and snorkiling. Very clean and decorated witha "feel good" atmosphere. I went there not knowing what to expect and loved everything about it. The owner and staff were friendly, helpful and always available. A clean, affordable accomodation with a laid back atmosphere. Pet friendly. My dog and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cyclewoman50
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel. The rooms were adorabe...and clean. Friendly service, great price and super close to the beach! Love it and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you're looking for a relaxing, laid back vacation, close to the ocean ... this is the place for you! Singer Island, just 20 minutes north of West Palm Beach, has a long stretch of beautiful beach and although the Patio Island Resort (also known as Motel Paradise) is not on the beach, it's literally a five minute walk away. There are also some great restaurants less than a five minute walk away, and the Sailfish Marina where you can book a fishing trip, listen to live music at the outdoor restaurant, and browse the craft/art fair every Thursday night. Al, the owner, is very friendly, very laid back and goes out of his way to make sure everyone is happy. There is a centre court yard with a covered Tiki Hut, two large BBQ's, and lots of comfortable chairs, cushions and couches. My wife and I had our coffee, breakfast and lunch out there and it was a nice place to meet and talk to the other guests. We had a great vacation and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MCBLUES
Suntree, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

True to it's name it is a piece of " Paradise". I have made this the only place to stay when I visit Singer Island for SCUBA diving (the Blue Heron Bridge which is two blocks away, is in the top ten of dive spots in the USA). I have stayed here three times in the last few months and will return again, and again. I found Paradise by Google maps, then visited it in person before booking my first stay. I am a single female traveler and like to check things out in advance so there are no surprises. I was surprised by the terrible rating left by a couple in November about how horrible their stay was. Like I said, I have stayed three times in the last few months and have had nothing but a wonderful stay and have felt very safe and secure here more than I have at other hotels in my travels. The hotel rooms are spotless, spotless, spotless clean and decorated in a Florida island theme, and very comphy beds. There is a microwave, refridgerator, table and chairs, large remote control TV, remote control AC, and wi-fi too. No swimming pool, but with the crystal clear water at the beach who needs one! The whole property is very well maintained and well lit at night. The property also has grills to cook your seafood catch of the day, and a large tiki hut in the courtyard with relaxing chairs and couchs to enjoy the evening beach air. There are many great restaurants (Longboat Johnny's is my favorite for breakfast or dinner), bars, stores, marinas, parks, and the beach within walking distance of the hotel. Allan the owner is very accomadating to your individual needs (especially if you forgot something.... like a wine bottle opener), he has always been just a phone call away if he is off property, and this place unlike other hotels is pet friendly too. Allan has always been helpful with recommendations of local activities happening in the area, (like Thursday nights art festival at Sailfish Marina where there were awesome Grouper Dogs and Conch Fritters to die for). I highly recommend this resort to everyone (as long as you leave a room for me)! Thanks, "Divemaster Diane"

Room Tip: All the rooms and cottages are decorated differently, so ask to see them if you have a choice. I hav...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I arrived here 1 month ago with our 2 dogs and never expected to have such an
enjoyable stay. The owner went out of his way to make us and the dogs feel welcome and we soon felt like one of the family. We enjoyed the social interaction at the Tiki Hut in the evenings with the other guests. It is such a great location we could walk to the beach in 5 miniutes and also to the ocean mall with many great restaurants. We enjoyed our evening walks thru the beautiful gardens
with the amazing ficus trees hundreds years old. We had such a hard time leaving we extended our stay 1 week . We will barely make it home by Christmas Eve.
See you next year Allan. Thank you so so much !!! Celina & Mike ,indubitably Max and Taz also!!!!

Room Tip: Our cottage #5 was very nice with a flat screeb TV in both the living room and bedroom.Lovely kitche...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank celinaMAXI
State College, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Our experience bore no resemblance to the reviews of this place we read on tripadvisor. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and were quoted $105 a night for a three night stay. I should have known we were in trouble when the first thing we saw when we opened the office door was a sign that said No Refunds!. The apartment was very...worn. Furniture, carpets, everything. The air conditioner was loud all night but not as loud as the people talking right outside our bedroom window--all night. Then in the morning a woman just outside the front door started screaming that the guy she apparently slept with the night before was a no good alcoholic. We later saw her sitting in the back seat of a a police car across the street. Unfortunately, she was not the only sketchy character walking around the place. We could be wrong but we got the sense that at least some of the residents were living long term in their rooms not because they were on vacation, but because they had no where else to go.

To be fair the owner/manager WAS a nice guy. He was apologetic and attentive. And he went out of his way to make bikes available to us and then waived the rental charge.

But the bottom line is we did not feel safe and could not wait to leave at the end of our stay.

if you want to save money on your trip to Singer Island and are not squeamish about the accommodations or your neighbors, this could work for you. But my recommendations is to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PFC2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Singer Island
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Hotel Paradise & Cottages? Share your experiences!