La Casa Degli Amori
$106
Recina Hotel(Macerata)
$90
$87
Best Western Hotel I Colli(Macerata)(Great Value!)
$70
Albergo Arena(Macerata)(Great Value!)
$79
$66
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssandy and laurencela casaplaces to visitfeel welcometheir beautiful homerelaxing staygreat hostsset you up for the daywonderful weeksibillini mountainshidden gembeautiful locationwithin easy driving distancelovely roomfabulous cookbeautiful breakfastgreat company
Reviewed September 18, 2010

We spent a short week with Sandy and Laurence and it was total heaven from start to finish. The location is ideal as it's nice and secluded but within minutes from the beautiful town of Treia; other places such as Maccerata and the coast are just a short drive away. The house is absolutely gorgeous and has been renovated beautifully, and the garden and pool top it off. As others have said it really is a home from home with the most welcoming hosts who provide fantastic advice on how to soak up the authenticity of the surrounding areas and went totally out of their way to make our stay as lovely as possible. Anyone who has stayed here couldnt fail to mention the food which is locally sourced and absolutley delicious; Laurence's breakfasts will be hard to beat! We couldn't recommend La Casa Degli Amori any higher; please try it for yourselves and you will see exactly what we mean!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed with Sandy and Laurence for a week at the end of August 2010. We are a family with two children aged 8 and 11. We were exceptionally well looked after by our hosts who provided lovely rooms, wonderful breakfasts and helpful advice on day trips and restaurants for our evening meals.

The B&B is in an idyllic rural location with fantastic views yet only about 5 minutes drive from the interesting walled city of Treia where shops and restaurants are available. There are also some interesting restaurants out in the country which we tried - Sandy and Laurence helped us with the reservations. But the best meals we had in Italy were the two evening dinners that Sandy cooked for us.

The children loved the place and want to go again. They enjoyed the pool and our 8yo daughter was entranced by Sandy and Laurence's 5 kittens.

We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I spent a week at La Casa Degli Amore and could not have felt more a home, Laurence and Sandy being such wonderful hosts.

The setting helps, the house sitting in a bowl of open country and farmland ringed by hills, with the Sibillini Mountains off to the west, although lost in the heat haze most of the time. I was torn for choice, should I contemplate the views sitting in the garden, or from the swimming pool? Wish I had such a dilemma in Wiltshire!

The bedroom was a delight, clean, attractively furnished and leaving me feeling that I was in someone's guest bedroom, not just another hotel/B&B room.

The food was outstanding, home-cooked and delicious as always - this was return trip - and the occasional cup of coffee probably worth the trip just by itself!

Poor planning on my part meant I missed the Treia festival, when the whole nearby town erupts into activity, or you are welcome in local homes that have turned themselves into neighbourhood restaurants for a week. Instead it was the week of the festival of shooting stars, providing a late evening sitting outdoors staring at the skies with Sandy and Laurence and other guests, with a glass to hand. Just when you are about to give up - shooting stars, what shooting stars? - one whizzes across one part of the sky, then another in the same part of the sky, then more elsewhere. I saw four in twenty minutes, all told we probably saw ten or so between us. Why are they so concentrated in that week, or so visible in that part of Marche, I haven't a clue, but the event was awe inspiring - and in total silence, perhaps that enhances the spectacle.

Will I go back? Yes, Do I recommend La Casa Degli Amore to friends? Definitely.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My husband & I travelled to Treia for my cousins wedding. We were so lucky to be able to stay here. On our arrival Sandy & Laurence made us so welcome and relaxed, they even gave us some food & drink both of which were delicious. They welcomed us into their lovely home & made us feel so very comfortable. Our room was fantastic. We had a very large room, which was furnished & decorated very well with french doors leading out to the garden. We also had an extremely large wet room which was a very pleasant surprise. The outside eating area is great, what better way to start your day, than with home cooked food, looking at the wonderful scenery & hearing nothing but peace & quite. The pool is a lovely way to spend several hours, cooling off from the Italian sun! Nothing is too much trouble for Sandy & Laurence they really are very accomodating. Please IGNORE THE PREVIOUS REVIEW FROM HT23 which suggested that they were not made to feel welcome & that they felt their 'things had been tampered with'. I can only assume that they put that review on the wrong accomodation. Sandy & Laurence Love are very genuine people & I truly believe that they are very trust worthy - I have no reason to think otherwise. My husband & I are planning on going back next year but for longer this time. I suggest that you hire a car whilst in Treia as it is very rural. What wonderful people, wonderful place & wonderful location. We had a fantastic time & would recommend La Casa Degli Amori to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My aunt and uncle were staying here while we were attending a family wedding. My brother and I tried to book here, but they were full so we had to book at a nearby villa. However, Sandy and Laurence made us their un paying guests! We were treated so wonderfully and made very welcome. We had a lovely meal with our family at the house when it was to wet to travel into Treia for dinner.
The house is beautiful, the grounds so pretty and quiet and the ironwork amazing!!
I would definately visit here again, very friendly and interesting people with a lovely home and food!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family