“Great food and lovely atmosphore”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria Battaglino

Osteria Battaglino
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Dogliani
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Silverstone, United Kingdom
“Great food and lovely atmosphore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We found this restaurant on TripAdvisor while staying in a villa locally. When we discussed with the villa owners, they also recommended the place, so off we went.
Locating the restaurant was no problems and there was ample car parking and a really nice surprise was that the menus were in both Italian and English, a really nice touch there and really appreciated.
We had an amazing meal here and the bill with drinks for the 2 of us came to just about 100 euros, and we thought that was reasonable considering the restaurant. It included a half bottle of local red wine. The speed of service was ideal, helpful but without being intrusive and we would definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2013

BOLOGNA ITALY
“GO IN TRUFFLE SEASON!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have been so lucky to be there (by chance, with friends) during truffle season! We enjoyed the food very much. My husband had some ravioli and I had the most simple - thus wonderful - food of the world: a fried egg topped with the most appetizing white truffle from Alba. Believe me, it was heaven! Not to say of wine, service and dessert (small pears cooked with red wine and served with "zabaione"). Yummy, thank you for existing!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Biavati
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food lovely service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Thank you for a nice meal. The waitress recommended an amazing wine, the food was beautiful, fresh, well thought through and interesting flavours. The best meal of our holiday. I really enjoyed the scallops and Simon thought the shrimp pasta was fantastic.

And all in the shadow of an amazing church.

Thank you for the light.

Xx Caro and Simon

1 Thank Carolyn H
Tallinn
“Zucchini flowers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The zucchini flowers as a starter were an absolute hit. Good food, nice and friendly ladies service and the dessert, some kind of special cake (I do not remember) - great!!!

Visited September 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Treated Like Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

From Nashville, TN, USA and saw Dogliani in Natilonal Geographic Traveler magazine just before a business trip to Turin. So, i went a day early roamed down through Barolo to Dogliani and just happened to arrive the night of the annual harvest festival. I found Battaglino's and discovered everythign in the village was booked...rooms, restaurants, etc. But Owner-Chef Marco and manager Flavia treated me like family. Marco made 5 calls to find me lodging and even drove me to the place on the outskirts of Dogliani.....then made a special table for me to eat dinner that night. The food and wine was fantastic, and it was a dinner and experience I will always fondly remember.

• Visited September 2012