“Poor service at the Spa”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mutxamel
Bonalba Golf Resort & Spa
Oslo, Norway
“Poor service at the Spa”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have the benefit of friends owning an apartment/townhouse at Bonalba Golf Club. We enjoyed the residential facilities, including pool etc very much. Everything was clean and the golf course was very good (we don't play ourselves, but it looked nice and people told us so).
The service of Spa on the contrary, did not impress me at all. I booked for a full body massage, the masseur showed up in time, did not introduce himself, there was no welcome and did not communicate with me at all. Did not ask if I had any specific requirements for my massage, no word was spoken from the minute I laid down on the bench until I left.
The front desk was poorly managed. At first when I arrived, one desk was busy serving people who wanted to enter the pool area at one desk. The other reception (which was for the treatment guests) was not operated at all.
In the end I had to grad some staff person passing by, to tell I had an appointment, and then he showed me the way to the spa area. After finishing the massage, the masseur just send me out of the room, with no instructions at all about payment procedure, or where to pay. I went out, to the reception area. The reception was empty except for the receptionist who was talking in the phone, totally ignoring me. From her gestures and my little understanding of Spanish, this was not a business talk.
She never looked at me, thee was no "please just a minute", no - she talked and talked for 5 minutes, I took my money out, tried to get her attention, but she never looked at me. After about 10 minutes, I asked if I could pay, she still did not look at me, but finished the conversation after a short while. Then she questioned the price (which was agreed upon by the reservation), did not manage the computer system and I had to wait for someone else to help her.
The person who assisted her, a young man, was very friendly and helpful.
Then I asked for the price for entering the pool area, she told med it would cost 10 Euro.
Later the assistant informed me that entrance was for free after receiving a full body massage.

Next day, when we were about to leave the premises, we delivered the keys for the house at the reception desk, the same story. We (there was several to deliver keys there) waited for ages while staff was busy with putting bracelets on other guest entering the pool area. They could easily have split up and served both receptions, they were at least 3-4 workers there.
The ones behind the spa reception was busy talking in the phones, and ignored us waiting for delivering keys. Only after I politely asked if we please could be allowed to deliver our keys, did one of them finish the phone.

Very unorganized, not very friendly or helpful. Even a short customer service course would have helped here, it is all about attitude!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank HeidiSitara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alicante
Reviewed January 23, 2007

Alicante Spa + Golf Resort, My husband and I wanted some Winter Sun, I needed to relax and switch off but he didn't want to get bored and we like the independance of self catering.
We found this place and it was perfect ... He played golf almost every day and even tried "paddle tennis" - a mix of squash and tennis, I could enjoy the indoor spa area - pool, superb jacuzzi and sauna. The massages were bliss too. We had a lovely apartment - spacious and really well equiped - even with a washing machine. But we've spotted lovely houses on the same site with gardens for the next trip and they'll be even better in the summer.
Alicante is a very lively town, and only a short drive away, there's also a couple of smaller beach resorts close to the resort. But even on site there are bars and places to eat, with a lively atmosphere - so you can stay put too.
We're definitely going back, and hopefully with a group of friends.

Stayed December 2006
7 Thank GolfersUnited
UK
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We booked the apartment directly with Bonalba. We also booked a series of Golf lessons with the Golf club there (we are complete beginners and thought this would be a great introduction).

On arriving late at Alicante airport we were told to phone a contact number which we did, we were then told to phone the contact number once we had arrived at Bonalba Clubhouse so we did (the Taxi driver charged us an extra 5 euros for hanging around for security to turn up with the keys). BTW it was REALLY badly signposted.

We got our keys and tried to enter the apartment to no avail... the key fitted but would'nt turn - by this time it was after midnight and security had left us!!! So on the phone again - the response was - You have to wiggle it as its a bit awkward! We eventually got in(my other half managed to get the wiggle down to a fine art).

On entering the apartment it was clean and basic but fine (the sofa was a bit dirty and worn) - they had even left us some water and juices which we needed.

The apartment was in a residential block and felt soulless and there were a few essentials missing such as a sharp knife, wine glasses amongst other things. The view from the apartment was mainly of rooftops with the sea in the distance. There was no shared pool for the apartment and there was no information on the local area or the resort itself. The two little shops down the road were fine for basic shopping and there were 3/4 bars. The nicest bar/restaurant was called Olivers - good value and tasty food.

The Golf and spa were a pleasant 10 minute walk away (well, pleasant if you didnt have duck under all the vegetation and listen to all the barking dogs, oh and dodge the dog poo). We had free access to the spa as we booked in low season. The spa was'nt very welcoming, you had to wear a cap for the indoor pool (which you had to buy) and the gym was pretty small. The outside pool at the spa looked very nice and had a childrens playground right next door. this was pretty much closed off as it was low season.

The Golf clubhouse was attractive but the service was poor - we sat down for 20 minutes and no one took our drinks order.

Then the worst thing: We arrived for our first lesson at the Golf shop and were told the pro we should be seeing had gone on holiday! Luckily we had the email confirming the booking and Pilar (the lady on the reception) had the decency to look sheepish and promised to try and arrange other lessons.... all was not lost.... We arrived for the rearranged lesson the next day only to be given blank stares by a new person. Needless to say we gave up at this point.

We had booked this apartment for the sole reason we wanted a week of learning to play golf which we did not receive. There is pretty much nothing else to do in this resort so we popped our keys in the post box and left 4 days early!!!

At no point did we meet anyone who vaguely looked like they were in charge of the resort or the rental properties. The lack of information was abysmal.

If you do decide this is the place for you, you definitely need a car so you can go somewhere other than Bonalba.

• Liked — It has a nice terrace
  • Disliked — Lack of information/organisation of reception
  • Tips/Secrets — ?Don't go?
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
10 Thank D4T4

Travelers are raving about these Mutxamel hotels

London, England
Reviewed October 3, 2006

The Golf and Spa resort is excellent at this place. However, the apartments are a short drive away from the main reception area. It is not sign posted very well, and the complex is called Bonalba Golf and Spa Resort, not Eurogroup (which is what we spent a good hour looking for!!).
We had a shared outdoor swimming pool between approx. 20 apartments.
Be warned - take your own towels and bed linen, or you have to pay to hire them (5-6 euros each).
Residents live in the area as well, so had to be fairly quiet, especially after the drinking at night!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — The fact that we had to hire towels and bed linen!!!!!
  • Tips/Secrets — Take your own towels and bed linens, and ask for Bonalba resort, not Eurogroup!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Dhav
Crawley, England
Reviewed September 6, 2006

The main thing you should know about this resort is that it is not a hotel, you are renting an apartment in a block, where most of the other apartments appear to be lived in full time. Don't let this put you off though. If you are looking for somewhere to stay and not bothered about staying at a hotel then this will suit you.

Other things you should know are, you will probably need a car & the spa and golf resort are a few minutes down the road and you will receive a pass to use the spa for one day only. So the picture of the waterfall pool that you see on expedia can be used for one day only unless you pay to enter again (13 Euros).

There are 2 swimming pools at the apartments, which are nice enough and can be used at any time of day, although there are no loungers.

The apartment was of a good quality, though there is no cleaning service and you have to clean (or pay) your apartment before you leave. Bed linen and towels are at a cost also (12 euros per person per visit).

There are lifts in the apartments. We didn't suffer from any noisy neighbours and most seemed to be spanish and all gave a friendly 'hola'.

The reception office is not open between 12.00 and 4.00 and shuts at 7.00.

Stayed August 2006
3 Thank Jeneen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mutxamel
Playa de San Juan
Hotel Alicante Golf
Hotel Alicante Golf
#29 of 49 in Alicante
Hotel Maya Alicante
#9 of 49 in Alicante
Hotel Abril
#2 of 3 in San Juan de Alicante

Been to Bonalba Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!