“Beyond 5 Stars”

Hotel Cortijo Soto Real
Reviewed October 31, 2006

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day stay at Soto Real. As suggested by other reviewers, the stay was beyond a 5 star hotel experience. The entire atmosphere is one of one's own private spanish country estate. The sevice was outstanding. The room we stayed in was superb with more closet space than we had clothes, and the best shower that we have had in any hotel that we ever have stayed in. The hotel and the grounds are beautiful and meticulously maintained.

The hour drive from Seville was fine for us - we found the cultural aspects of Seville to be outstanding but as are most cities, it is crowded and difficult to find a parking space. We were delighted to return to Soto Real after a day in Seville. We would suggest staying at Soto Real and asking the hotel to arrange a tour of Seville rather than driving into the city. Obviously more expensive but well worth it.

It is unfortunate that there are so few hotels like this in the world.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank raveler
There are newer reviews for Hotel Cortijo Soto Real

Reviewed October 30, 2006

My wife and I and 2 friends booked the Magic of Andalucia package for 4 nights and after the 1st night we arranged to do the horse riding included in the package. After about half an hour in the training ring my horse suddenly bolted and I was thrown off and landed first on a post then on the floor. I couldn't move and after being taken to the local hospital then the main one at Seville they x-rayed me and sent it was probably bruising and I should be OK in a few days. I couldn’t sleep and my holiday was ruined. When I got back home I was still in agony so I had an x-ray in a UK hospital and they found I had fractured 2 ribs. I have only just recovered after a painful and very inconvenient 8 weeks. The manager kindly provided myself and my party with a free meal and a bottle of cava but when I got back and realised the extent of the damage I wrote and advised the manager that I was concerned about the way they managed the horse riding activity especially from a health and safety perspective - the tutor could not speak English (in my view they should provide teachers who speak the guests language); they did not hold the reigns in front during the training (if they had, perhaps they might have controlled the horse); there were vans driving close by the training area (one of them drove right up at exactly the point my horse threw me off). I also now have a permanent fear of riding horses. I told the manager that I felt a free meal and bottle of cava was inadequate compensation for the great pain, ruined holiday, and ongoing inconvenience, stress and anxiety that this has caused me but I have not heard from him since.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank TC/CH
Reviewed October 6, 2006

my girlfriend booked 2 nights on this hotel as part of our Andalusian journey. The place is fine, but in the middle of nowhere. No transportation to/from the hotel available, you need a car.
the staff tries to be attentive and nice, but it looks like they need more people.
there´s no security at night in such a place, and room service was very slow, and although the night receptionist was helpful, he was the only one in the hotel. Scary...
facilities are good, quiet area and pool overlooking the countryside, but too hot (remember where you are). pool service was not very fast.
dinner was ok but not a good wine selection. The restaurant is very close to the kitchen, you can hear the staff inside sometimes.
rooms are well decorated but you are in the middle of the country, so I guess you can´t help bugs sharing the room with you...our night table lamp was not working when we first came into the room, and there were some scratches on the ceiling and wall, too bad for a new place...
they have horses and quads, which helps if you want to do some activities. Nice landscape.
at checkout we had to wait until our car was brought to the reception by the same receptionist that checked us out. Not a very good impression.
Too expensive for a 5 star lacking of certain basic services. Maybe for a hideaway, but not for active people wanting to go here and there. (Seville is an hour drive).
they need to improve.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Robertnacke
Reviewed October 3, 2006

We - 2 adults and 2 daughters aged 10 and 12 - stayed in Cortijo Soto Real from 5th to 10th August 2006.

August - due to the high temperatures - is low season in Andalusia and it was very quiet at the hotel, some days we even were the only guests. This did not bother us, as we had the beautiful swimming pool for ourselves and we all enjoyed this very much !

Cortijo Soto Real is a superb property set in a magnificent surrounding nature and it must be even more gorgeous in spring and autumn, when there is more green vegetation.

Our room was very cosy and huge (we received an upgrade to the presidential suite] with a beautiful and very well equipped marble bathroom. The suite connected to a very nice standard double room for our children. The perfect accommodation !

During our whole stay we were absolutely treated like royalties ! Even thoughy we were the only guests, staff was always discretely present everywhere and the maître d'hôtel and chef organised typically Spanish meals for us : each time a real treat and simply delicious !

The Cortijo is conveniently located for visits to Sevilla, Arcos de la Frontera, Jerez, Cadiz, ... and the staff at reception has plenty of documentation, leaflets, restaurant suggestions, etc. at disposal.

We enjoyed every moment of our stay at this superb property and are looking forward to a next visit in - we hope - the near future !

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank veroniqueVDP
Reviewed January 18, 2006

amazingly we were the only guests, it was like having your own private country house with staff. The chef even cooked bespoke meals for us. Truly fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank craig001
A TripAdvisor Member
Brussels
Reviewed December 13, 2005

a good place to hideaway, but the service was not very good, few staff to atend and 20 minutes to bring me a drink to the pool. Sometimes the reception were empty or did not answer the telephone. The rest is okay, nice rooms and sunny weather.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2005

My wife and I arrived at the hotel around 8 pm to be greeted by two members of staff who took our bags and parked the car. We were shown around 4 junior suites all large, beautifully furnished and with huge bathrooms and invited to select whichever one we wanted. A difficult choice was made and we were invited to relax in the lounge with a complimentary drink. Upon returning to our suite to get ready for dinner a bath had been prepared for my wife with candles lit around it-a wonderful romantic gesture. Dinner was delightful as was breakfast in the courtyard.

The facilities are truly excuisite. We relaxed around the outdoor pool in wonderful weather during the day and in the evening ventured out visiting Seville, Cadiz and a couple of the white villages. The service provided around the pool was attentive with nothing being too much trouble. The indoor facilities were beautifully designed and included a small gym, a pool,spa pool,sauna,steam room and a variety of showers. Infact we returned from Seville at about midnight on one occasion and they had left the facilities on for us to use.

The hotel is set in its own expanse of grounds in the middle of the Andalucian counryside. Whilst we did not avail ourselves of all the outdoor activities at the hotel you can also go, for instance,horse riding,carriage riding,quad biking and cycling.

We had a delightful holiday at this hotel-infact it was more like a private residence. The staff are so personable with nothing being too much trouble. They want you to have a memorable stay with them. A wonderful magical place.

We will be back.

#2 of 30 in Jerez De La Frontera
Hostal Las Cabezas
Hostal Las Cabezas
#1 of 3 in Las Cabezas de San-Juan

Been to Hotel Cortijo Soto Real? Share your experiences!