1,290 results
All reviews pool bar relaxing holiday thomas cook evening entertainment plenty of sunbeds entertainment team shuttle bus bottle of cava lower pool enjoyable week different languages speaking spanish sea view sun loungers grilled meat free tickets faro airport
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just got back from 4 nights stay. I enjoyed it but be aware, there isn't really anything to do as it's quite remote. Luckily, that's exactly what I wanted so no big deal.
Transfer from the airport was fine, 1hr 20 mins in a mini bus which was comfortable. When we arrived at the hotel we were seen quickly and offered a glass of fizz.
The hotel was very clean and the room was large with a bottle of water in the fridge. We kept filling it from the tap and had no problems with that.
The pool areas were spotless with plenty of free beds (although the water is freezing but some people like that )
The snack bar service was quite slow as only one person serving.
We watched the night entertainment on 3 of the nights. The first was a magician who was ok but I dont agree with using live animals in shows (doves and rabbits) so I didn't personally enjoy that. Also a chilled DJ set in the lower bar area which was lovely. There was a duo with a fantastic female entertainer who got loads of the crowd involved in dancing.
Food - as a vegan, the food wasn't great. I ate salad and chips with bread every day and was super grateful to see a plain tomato pasta. The hot food isn't very hot so I warmed the pasta and veg in the microwave. There are no vegan desserts apart from fruit. The fruit and salad often had little fruit flies on them.
Staff - no issues with the staff at all. I tried to speak Spanish when ordering as they don't often speak English (which is fair enough in my opinion)
Facilities - we played tennis 2 days which we really enjoyed, I'd recommend doing that to pass some time.
The beaches were very quiet and we got the free ferry (tickets at the hotel) which only took a couple of mins. We walked to the end of the other beach which took about 3 hours there and back.
We walked in to the centre which took about 45 mins and had a drink. Not much there but nice to go for a walk.

I would recommend the hotel if you want a quiet holiday. I suggest taking warm clothes as it gets very chilly and windy especially at night due to the location and being on a hill.
Giving 4 stars because of the poor food choices.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Garden H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at SENTIDO Garden Playanatural, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear guest,

We really appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel after your holiday with us. It is always lovely to hear back from our guests and we are delighted to see our unspoiled, natural setting was exactly what you were looking for.

Our adults only hotel has been described by many guests as the perfect refuge to completely switch off from the stress of daily life and where you can recharge your batteries, and we are very glad to see that you would also recommend it.

We appreciate you confirming how spotlessly clean our hotel and rooms are and we are glad to learn our tennis court came in handy. We also have petanca and mini-golf which we hope you had a go at too.

We regret not knowing your dietary requirements at the time of your stay, as our chefs would have more than happily escorted you around the buffet and offered alternatives. We offer select menus to cater to allergies or food intolerance, as well as dietary preferences, and we would always kindly ask our guests to make our kitchen team aware on arrival so they can assist. Our chefs would love the chance to make sure you are enjoying your dining experience to the fullest.

We really hope this will not be your last visit to us here in Huelva as we would love to host you again and ensure you have a 5* rated holiday with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I reviewed this hotel after our first day as staff had been so helpful. The remainder of the two weeks went like a dream. The area is fantastic. We walked for miles around the marshes in el Rompido and over at the lagoon in el Portil.
We can not fault the hotel, nor would we want to. We had a couple of days just being lazy by the pool too. No loud music, just background playing. Great to relax.
This is one of the best holidays, if not the best that we’ve ever had (and we’re in our 60s so we’ve had a fair few)

Room tip: 1326 is a great room. Very quiet.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for following up with part 2 of your holiday experience at our hotel. We appreciated your initial feedback highlighting how you had been well looked afer by our reception staff on your first day and it has been wonderful to see that the remaining two weeks have just got better "two weeks went like a dream". We are grateful to you for awarding our hotel 5* on TripAdvisor.

Our beautiful natural setting is stunning and, as you have said, boasts some amazing walking paths. In close proximity to La Flecha beach, the most beautiful unspoiled beach in Cartaya, our environment lends itself entirely to a truly relaxing holiday where you can disconnect, switch off and while away the days enjoying the warmth of the sun and the crystal clean waters of the sea.

There can be no better reward for us than to read remarks such as "We can not fault the hotel," and "one of the best holidays, if not the best that we’ve ever had" .

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel itself is very beautiful.Everything looks exactly like in pictures.The double room we had was very clean and had fresh scent,when we arrived.We were all inclusive and rooms were cleaned daily.The only thing they don't clean properly under the beds and chairs-lots of dust,but didn't bother me.The double room are quite spacious and bright.Good size balcony.We did not have sea view room,but I actually think we got more lucky as it was very quiet at nights,the part of hotel,we stayed in apart from few nights,when drunken guests were passing the hallway.But it also didn't disturb me that much.We had some issues with towels,when we arrived and the hanger outside on a balcony,but the hotel dealt with it very quickly,so that was good.What I was dissapointed with,that we were all inclusive,but they only give you first bottle of water for free in a room and the rest of the days you have to buy from reception,if you want in room.Alcohol is free,but water not.It's a joke.Because I prefer water at all times anytime especially in hot weather.Suggest you to buy water from supermarket down in village.We took bycicles to go there as it is around 3km one way.The next thing-I don't know,what they put in cocktails like mohito,pina colada,daiqiri etc(all cocktails was horrible).They come from dispense machines and tasted artificial,plain and like old sink water.We even tried different types of alchohol,just to see,if it's any better,but I think they poor in yours drinks really cheap spirits.They sort of have proper bottles of whiskey,rum,vodka bar,but they don't taste like the brands,that they have in bar.I definately think,they use cheaper alternatives.The food choice for breakfast,lunch and dinner was huge.But wouldn't touch meat,because there were few days I noticed the meat was undercooked and raw.I am very surprised,how people haven't had food posioning yet.Most of the times food was fresh,but some days salad and tomatoes looked like they have been there for few days.There were also fruit flies present.In general because the food was in such huge choise,we just went to get something else,when we didn't like some of the food.The coffee was far worst,I have ever drunk.The ones in dining area was automatic machines,so I always got one from snack bar,because they had proper coffee machine there,but no proper baristas.Coffee was still horrible,maybe slightly better than in dining room.Next thing,the staff in dinner area needa to be more than 2-3people during busy times.They just looked overworked and it was very obvious,that it is not enough staff to work there.Although they seemed to be working very hard.Very few staff speaks some english,most of them didn't speak at all.Worst part,when you have people like that working in the reception.Many times we felt like we are not been listened properly and there were a lot of miscommunication.The gym was very small.Not big.Same size as our room in hotel.No proper equipment.For me it was a downfall as love working out in gym.We did not use Spa area,but on the last day of our trip overheard another guests,that said it's not worth the money.They also complained about raw meat at the dinner.Entertainment was also poor-very amatour and primitive.When I went for a run one evening the nature park around was filled with rubbish an plastic bottles.Bonus is the river and Atlantic ocean nearby.
This hotel is very much more orientated to locals not much in tourists and it's very obvious.I don't know,why Thomas Cook uses these type of hotels.They mostly scare all foreign guests away and the attitude sometimes is like they don't care really.It's definately not a 4 star hotel.Maybe 3 star at it's best.Overall was ok,but we won't be coming back for sure.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a modern well presented Hotel. The staff are friendly and very helpful. I was especially impressed with the entertainment team. I was here during the Semi-final of the Women's World cup. On the evening of the match, I simply asked if they were going to show the match on the large projector screen in the bar. They weren't, but without hesitation they spent 20 minutes setting it up for me. Truly outstanding service.
The room that we stayed in was a basic room. It was large and comfortable with its own balcony. We were half-board and the food, though not gourmet, was very good with plenty of choice. The swimming pools and sun area was marvellous and never seemed too crowded.
The area itself is quiet and is an ideal location for a restful break.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Garden H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at SENTIDO Garden Playanatural, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Gary,

It has been lovely to receive your feedback and see what an enjoyable stay you had at our hotel. We really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with others on TripAdvisor and thank you so much for awarding us 5* based on your experience.

We are very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, and we are thrilled to read your remark "Truly outstanding service.". Each member of our team, from our housekeepers to our chefs and entertainers, will always go above and beyond to ensure our guests lack for nothing and fully enjoy their stay.

It is also lovely to read your positive feedback on our relaxing pool areas and tranquil surroundings. As you mention, we have everything required for a truly restful break from the stresses and routines of everyday life.

We trust you had a pleasant journey home and hope we have the chance to welcome you again very soon.

Warm regards,
All the team at SENTIDO Garden Playanatural.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Came here 2yrs ago this hotel is beautiful the staff are amazing they work so hard. Marcos that works on reception is brilliant at what he does is asset to this hotel and Tire who works in resturant and bars is amazing always smiling and knows what you drink she even remembered us from 2yrs ago which in my eyes is brilliant. Can not fault anthing with hotel and rooms are lovely. My partner even propsed to me this time here as this place is a very special place to us. If you want a very relaxing holiday would recommend the transfer around 1hr which really is not that long. Food is amazing such a good choice for everyone. Thank you to all the staff for your hardwork your amazing this hotel would not be what it is without you. Room 2015 is perfect thank Marcos for doing this.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Garden H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at SENTIDO Garden Playanatural, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kirsty,

We believe we have just responded to your partner's review, and may we take this opportunity to personally congratulate you also on your engagement Thank you so much for leaving us a short review of your stay.

We are delighted to have been part of this special occasion for you both and our staff also have asked me to pass on their regards in my written response to you. Our team here are our family and we work together to ensure our guests feel well looked after at all times. From the hardworking housekeepers and cleaners to the talented chefs who work as part of our kitchen team, each member of our staff goes above to maintain the highest standards in all areas. They are all a credit to our hotel and as you have mentioned, we would not be able to do what we do without them.

We trust you had a pleasant return journey home and eagerly await your next visit to us.

Sincerely yours,