“Excellent restaurant with quality food.”

Hotel Restaurant La Glycine
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Benouville
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have not stayed at La Glycine but on first impressions it looks very comfortable and is in a suitable location. I think I will try it in the near future.
However, I can review the restaurant. I had been told about this restaurant by family members who happened to try it out for lunch before taking the ferry, which is five minutes drive away.
The meal was superb. My choices were all very rich but wonderfully cooked food with good flavours. I had the lobster, lamb and a tatin, which was on the gastronomique menu. There was also the mise en bouche, an apple sorbet and normandy cheeses in between. The meat was beautifully tender and is the best I have had for some time. Price wise it was not cheap but worth the money for a treat. It was very popular and this was only a Tuesday lunchtime. Surrounding tables were French locals. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a room for 3 people, the room was very clean and modern, shower room was wonderful lashings of hot water. We booked a table in the restaurant, we were first in, it filled up quickly obviously very popular with the locals and we had the most wonderful food, all of the staff were very friendly we came away from La Glycine the next day very, very satisfied, both my husband and I agreed that will stay there again when we are next in Caen.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen T
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I have found this gem of a hotel/restaurant a number of years ago and have stayed there during many trips to France. The rooms are very comfortable - just a pity French hotels don't do tea/coffee making facitlies. It is our favourite restaurant and the food is superb. It is very convenient for the Ouistreham/Caen ferry and is a great base for visiting the area. We've done the locale many times so this year we did the 160mile round trip to see the cliffs at Etretat made famous by Monet - they were spectacular.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights found the room clean (oom 6 was pretty quite room 11 was a little bit cramped and noisy) Breakfast was good and car ark was secure, room had fridge and safe. Was 10 x better than the dive down the road. Did not manage to eat at the restaurant but it seemed to be packed every night. Rooms are bright but small have sound proofing and roller shutters on windows.

Room Tip: Don't get room 11 too near to the smoking area
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

we chose this hotel purely to visit the pegasus bridge and area. we were not dissapointed in the hotel and the amenities.
we stopped in the annexe at the side and the room was clean and comfortable. the bathroom was large and had the most powerful shower.
the only disapointment was ,the weather was hot and the room was roasting, there was no aircon , so we had to keep the window open, and being ground floor i was not entirely happy about this,but needs must.
we did not use the restaurant, as we had a puppy with us.
i would use this hotel again, overall 8/10.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We spent a night in this hotel. It is a very simple place, but clean and confortable. Good value for money. The rooms are very small, but for the price we were satisfied.
I would recommend the restaurant. The food was amazing for a very reasonable price, it is an amazing restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at La Glycine many times. It is in an ideal situation for the start or end of your holiday when catching the ferry. The rooms are very well set out, clean and very good value for money. There is lots to do in the area to fill in your day. We have not tried the restuarant,as we feel this is a little expensive. The parking is first class, we travel on a Motorcycle and feel quite happy that our bike is safe, there is a garage for use if your not up for an early start.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet night, ask for a room in the Annex, this is away from the main road. Rooms 30 to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benouville
Best Western La Mare O Poissons
#4 of 8 in Ouistreham
Riva Bella Hotel
Riva Bella Hotel
#2 of 8 in Ouistreham

Been to Hotel Restaurant La Glycine? Share your experiences!