“Good food and very friendly staff!”
Review of Kumar's

Kumar's
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in La Marina
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Indian Restaurant and Bar Takeaway Available
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
“Good food and very friendly staff!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ate here twice when on our recent holiday to La Marina and both times it was first class. My parents live in La Marina and looked after our two girls for my wife and I to have a night to ourselves. The food was so good, we suggested that the 6 of us go back later in the week. We were greeted as friends on this 2nd visit by the friendly staff and really well looked after. The owners are extremely welcoming too and the food was delicious. will certainly go back to this restaurant when next over. My parents, also plan to visit again soon, keep up the good work.

1 Thank Richard M

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not the first visit to this restaurant, staff are very friendly and the quality of food is excellent. I have also been to the Indian restaurant 5-6 minutes walk away and there is simply no comparison, Posh Palace wins by a mile. I also liked the fact they don't rush you between courses as in most Indian restaurants. I don't want to be in and out in an hour, having a meal on holiday is my evenings entertainment. Already booked again for next week.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Good food - but really slow service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went here based on previous reviews. Tried initially on a Sunday night but got turned away as they told us they were fully booked (even though there were plenty of empty tables). However we did book a table for 9pm for the following Friday for the four of us. We arrived about 10 minutes early and were led to our table, who took our initial drinks order - so far all looking promising. However after this - it just turned into long periods of waiting for our food order to be taken, to the arrival of poppadum's, some 15 minutes later, to the hot tray to hold the food another 45 minutes later (I even popped across to the Supermarket to pick up some shopping waiting for the food to arrive). to finally the food another 20 minutes later. By this stage we were all so happy to see the food - we wouldn't have cared what it tasted like. However to be fair the food was good (not the best I've had - but not the worst). We wouldn't have minded - but they did not appear to be busy - although they were dealing with a number of take away orders during the night. Cost wise - about average for an Indian meal.

Overall -slightly better then average Indian restaurant - but be prepared for a long night.

“Very nice Indian Food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great place for a curry, we sat outside and had a nice leisurely meal, service is friendly and the food is first class.

Essex
“Nothing to rave about”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went with my partner & in laws whilst on a visit to La Marina, had read the reviews so was expecting a very good meal.....I thought the food was average, I've eaten much better Indian......my partner was not happy at all... He had the lamb tikka & said his was tough & tasteless ....he won't be going back,

1 Thank Jules0904