“superb- always good well done!!”
Review of The Oak Inn

The Oak Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Defford
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Been visiting every 3 months over last 3 years and cannot fault this superb relaxing top quality pub - restaurant, please keep it up

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Very good extensive menu reasonably priced, nice dining area next to bar and lovely restaurant area. We had a super meal with decent sized portions and plenty of veg with lovely bread to start.

Three real ales available all top notch. Great service and very friendly pub.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had passed this inn a few times, on the way to another a couple of miles further on, but that was closed for renovation. We found a really nice old inn (17th century apparently). Judging by the people coming in for lunch,this is a genuine local pub and the atmosphere was first rate. The menu for bar and restaurant looked ambitious but what we had was first class, well prepared and well presented. The staff were friendly and looked like they enjoyed working there, clearly a good sign. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I went to The Oak for our Boxing Day meal and I could not fault our dining experience at all; the food was lovely quality and the staff were extremely friendly and obliging. Well done all and thank you very much for helping to make our Christmas such a pleasant one!

1  Thank Clare L
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went to the Oak recently for a Christmas meal with a group of female friends. I have passed the pub many times but this was my first visit.
We were shown to a large room with several other parties who were already eating.
We ordered from the Christmas menu although the regular menu was also available.
The menu was 3 courses plus coffee and mince pies for £19.95.
There were interesting choices - at least 6 at each stage. I had Melon fan , others had goats cheese tarts or mushrooms in cream dressing etc. My Melon came with a raspberry coulis and sorbet but was a shade under ripe.
I ordered beef blade with horseradish mash - very nicely cooked and presented. A selection of Veg arrived in shared dishes and was excellent - lightly cooked and plentiful. In fact a third dish was provided when the servers could see we were enthusiastic veg-eaters!
But the best was yet to come - desserts! My chocolate brownie smelt divine before I even started ! It was simply delicious, very smooth even texture, light and the chocolate tasted as good as the smell had promised!
My companions declared the Baileys Cheesecake the best ever and the Creme Brulee
- the same!
We did have to ask for our coffee and mince pies but as we were happy chatting it wasn't a problem. Some of us actually had tea - served in individual pots and very hot.
The mince pies were mini - bite sized ones - but plenty at the end of an enjoyable meal.
The food was excellent and the price was very reasonable, so we were happy.
Will we return ? Definitely!

1  Thank keephoping