“Superb boutique hotel”

Mas Falgarona
Hildenborough, United Kingdom
“Superb boutique hotel”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Exceptionally quiet location, great accommodation and as you would expect superb food given the area. Would highly recommend the suite rooms, they are very contemporary. The service from the husband and wife patrons was brilliant, wife the lady of the house in charge of the cooking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited in September for a few days rest after endless but tiring visits to our home from our large family during the summer. It was perfect. So peaceful and nothing was too much trouble. Close to the Pyrenees and the lovely Spannish coastline north of the CostaBrava meant that there was plenty to do and visit. Perfect mixture of rest and play

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Recently stayed here to celebrate my wife's birthday and couldn't be happier with our choice. When I booked on their website I noticed a section on the reservation form to make special requests and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did, they absolutely went well above and beyond to make sure we had the most perfect and romantic evening. On top of that the food is amazing and the service even better. The grounds of the property are well kept and it's quiet country setting makes easy to get away from it all. The location is great and offers easy access to all parts of L'Emporda. After 3 nights there it felt more like leaving the home of friends than checking out of a hotel. We will definitely be going back.

Sydney
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This Hotel was chosen by Backroads as part of their PYRENEES TO COSTA BRAVA Premiere Inn Biking Trip. Compared to the other 2 Hotels selected on the Trip this was a real disappointment. My room was extremely sparsely furnished with an external blind covering the window so I could not look out of the window. There was no place to unpack my suitcase other than on the floor. The food served was reasonable but the actual service was really slow and it took ages for the various courses to arrive. I ended up leaving before desert was served as it took so long and I was tired.
I requested that they fill the empty liquid soap container in my shower area and the service was so poor it was never attended to so I had to walk out of the shower to the basin everytime I needed more soap when I was showering. Fortunately I only had to stay there for 1 night.
Find somewhere else to stay

Room Tip: When you book get confirmation ahead of time that you won't be in room #108 or "The Attic&q...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have to contradict the negative review of the attic room. We are sitting in that same room right now only 6 days after the earlier posting. It's been a hot day but the air conditioners in both the bedroom and sitting areas are very effective. Yes you do have to duck under the doorway from sitting area to bedroom but other than that the roof is very high! The room is huge, sitting area with settee and armchair as well as the extra bed we requested and there is still loads of space. It's all painted white so is feels very light and has wonderful views. There is a big double bedroom and the biggest bathroom I have ever seen with a gorgeous deep bath and a big separate shower enclosure. So do not worry about booking the attic as long as you are ok with stairs and dont have loads of heavy luggage as there is no lift. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Looking forward to dinner as restaurant has a fantastic reputation locally.

Room Tip: Attic room is lovely and spacious if you're ok with stairs
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We arrived at this property as part of a Backroads Cycling Trip and were assigned to the Attic. A hot, claustrophobic room you cannot even stand up in. Upon inquiring if we could have a more acceptable room, we were informed that no other rooms were available. The owner suggested I should switch with someone else. My response, "Who else would want the room, No One!"

Room Tip: Ask for a guarantee you won't get the Attic!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hosts Brigitta and Severino make you feel special from the moment you arrive, nothing was too much trouble. Travelling for several hours we arrived just after lunch, Severino made us a most welcome and delicious lunch and served afternoon tea in the sunny courtyard. The room was huge,with separate sitting area, quiet, modern, very clean with a very large separate bathroom overlooking the fields. Beautiful communal sitting rooms. The staff were wonderful, helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We would go back just for the magnificent breakfast!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 12 in Figueres
Hotel Emporda
Hotel Emporda
#9 of 12 in Figueres

Been to Mas Falgarona? Share your experiences!