“Splended Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Wrotham B&B and Inns
London
“Splended Hotel”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

What a find excellent accommodation incredible value for money food very very good wine list plus wine list is affordable to all. Hotel marked up as 2 star should be 3 or even 4 star, staff attentive will certainly return. Felt at home, nothing was to much trouble.

Mr & Mrs Cross

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Having booked a room for 2 adults and a baby I would have expected more room. And paying £75 I would have expected better quality. The room was tiny! There was hardly any space to put our suitcase nevermind our baby. The bathroom over looked a roof which was under repair. It really did remind me of a students bedsit. I'm not sure if it was because if the size or the smell.
Really disappointing as the staff were friendly and outside it looks lovely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Badlacie
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently attended a wedding reception at the Bull. It is a fantastic venue for a wedding of about 100 guests the seating was comfortable with enough room to be able to move about and have enough elbow room. My friends had taken over the whole hotel so which was a great idea in terms of everyone being together. On first going into the bar area I was a little shocked to see how narrow and shabby the corridor was to the bar however I soon realised that it was actually the staff corridor but they had opened it up for us to use as a quick link from the bar and dining room to the dancing area.
The food at the reception was excellent although I must say that the starter of pear with stilton & celery was a rather strange taste experience! The roast beef with all the trimmings was delightful a taste delight.
Everything about my experience at the Bull was very good and I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I didn't stay at this hotel although other reviews speak highly of their experience
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

we stayed there on sat 7th july for a wedding, the reception held there, first impressions where not to good as the reception area is pretty awful a narrow corridor, which is scruffy and a sliding hatch in wall to speak to receptionist/cook/waitress i think this needs sorting to give a proper welcome.we asked for breakfast for 5 of us having travelled and arriving at 10.30 am as arranged, but were told that they had run out of breakfast items such as sausages mushrooms etc, i find this extremely strange as this is a hotel! we weren't offered juice cereals etc, my husband and i had an egg beans and a slice of bacon no toast and coffee, my son and daughter in law had a bacon sandwich each 1 tea and a glass of water and my other son had tea and a breakfast with the last sausage, this cost £50. The rooms were lovely clean and modern the bed comfortable and the shower fantastic. the wedding reception was excellent the food good quality hot and well presented and served. the staff were very nice.the hotel is being refurbished and what is finished is very nice indeed the carpark and reception need sorting sooner rather than later as first impressions would put you off and that would be a shame because once inside its a nice experience i would reccomend

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Guildford, U.K.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

we stayed over for 1 night whilst walking the North Downs way, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was good. However the bull is in the throes of a refurbisment and although I'm sure things will look good when it's finished its not finished yet. Our almost finished room was comfortable and the bedroom part was nearly there.... the bathroom was another matter, no hooks for towels (no towels in fact....) the door was still in the process of being painted, and didn't quire fit its frame, which was a shame as the "automatc lighting and fan system" took a long time to turn off and kept us awake for some time - what i wonder is wrong with a switch!? I had the feeling they had tried to finish the room as they had a booking and didn't quite suceed.. We paid 4 star prices for unfinished accommodation.... i feel we should have been warned upon booking and a reduction given.

Room Tip: before booking this accommodation check if your room has completed its modernisation. Food stops at...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The room I stayed in looked newly decorated, everything was clean and comfortable and the free wifi was a bonus. The pub has a real old charm about it, increased by the low ceilings and the quirky sloping floors.

Probably the only thing that let it down was the attitude of the staff at breakfast. When my colleague asked if he could use an iron at breakfast, he was met with the response "there are such things as travel irons you know". This member of staff was obviously having a bad day as she also gave a rather snappy response when asked if we could have more toast.

This aside, I would recommend the hotel and would also stay here again myself - I'll just be sure to pack crease free clothing next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Northampton England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed here for business purposes, the price was very reasonable (£69 double room inclusive of breakfast) and location meant it was only ten minute drive to my meeting the following day.
The rooms, I understand have been refurbished and I found my room, which was clean and comfortable had a country hotel charm about it. As I hate eating alone and had some work to do I didn't eat in the restaaurant but when I asked for the menu and explained I was offered room service. The food was simple but good and the wine, a much welcomed large glass of Pinot Noire was excellent. I also enjoyed a cooked breakfast the following morning in the restaurant where the service was warm & friendly. I would be happy to stay again but with my husband so I could enjoy dinner in the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrotham
Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks
Premier Inn Sevenoaks / Maidstone Hotel
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Best Western Plus Donnington Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!