“nice place to meetup”
Review of The Moat

The Moat
Reserve with OpenTable
The Moat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Wrotham
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“nice place to meetup”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have used this pub/restaurant several times and alway had a good time, there's plenty of parking and lots of room inside.
It has a good menu with lot's of choice, it's very reasonably priced.
The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much bother for them

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Very nice pub”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited this pub/restaurant on a Saturday evening - the restaurant was full, but the service remained good. The food I would say was average. There is plenty of parking especially as this was a Saturday evening, I had visited this pub for a light lunch one day in the week and it was very nice. The prices for both lunch and evening meals are very reasonalby priced. I would definately go back for lunch but would not rush back for an evening meal.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub, Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had a lovely meal here with Friends. The Pub is relaxed & nicley layed out. The Service is good, the food is superb, I had a vegetarian Jafrazi & it was the best curry I had tasted outside an indian! The is plenty of parking & prices are very resonable. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is due to the fact 2 people on our table of 10 had to wait an extra 5-10 mins for their mains. Otherwise pretty much spot on.

Rochester, United Kingdom
“poor sunday lunch”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

my partner and myself took my mother for sunday lunch here 21st october 2012 the overall look of the moat is lovely both inside and out. we booked a table for 1.30 for the 3 of us on arrival we were greeted promptly and taken to our table this was good as we did not wish to have a drink first.we ordered our starters and this arrived promptly as the restaurant was relatively quiet, my partner had stuffed mushrooms which were very nice i myself had fishcakes ok nothing to write home about. we then waited for our mains one roast beef and two roast pork we waited and waited and waited by this time an hour had passed and the restaurant had filled up. My partner had to find someone to remind them we had not had our mains they did not remove our dirty plates from our starter when they went to check on our roasts how bizarre. eventually they arrived with no apology for the wait. my beef was luke warm and not nice at all very chewy so left it the potatoes were no better and thus was accompanied with limp cabbage and hard carrots my partners and my mothers lunch had suffered the same fate sadly. desert i ordered the winter spiced creme brulee and my partner crumble the brulee was just baked custard not nice but the crumble was ok very disappointed would not visit here again.

• Visited October 2012
“Bettert than expected.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Maybe I have a low expectation of the local restaurants but this was better than I expected. We went on a Sunday lunchtime for a 12:30pm sit down and had prebooked a table. Most of our party of seven had a roast dinner. The portions looked small once the warm plates arrived, but turned out they were oversized plates and we were all nicely full afterwards. Staff were friendly and fairly on the ball, checking in to see if we were ok and needed extra drinks from time to time. The bill came to £20 per head, with most have 2 drinks or tea and coffee and a couple of deserts. I think this is good value and a they've got a good selection of real ale. I would go back here in the future.

• Visited September 2012