“Go and get your Scuba On!!!”

Absolute Scuba Bali
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Padangbai
More attraction details
Owner description: Absolute Scuba is Padang Bai's only National Geographic Dive Center. With our own 3 metre deep purpose built diver training pool, air conditioned classroom, accommodation and restaurant all at one location, you will find your dive vacation relaxing and enjoyable, whether you choose to continue your dive education or just do some 'fun dives'.We teach all PADI dive courses, up to and including Instructor training.With a dive ratio of 4 divers to every dive guide, you can enjoy safe diving practices and guest comfort.Your dive safety is our priority. Nitrox for free for all EAN certified divers and very convenient combinations of Stay & Dive packages. Our Instructors speak Indonesian, English, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian and French.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wow, what can I say. Amazing facilities, truly first class. Our instructors were fantastic and went above and beyond to make our Open Water course one of the best memories of my life. We stayed on site at the Hotel during our 3 day course which made it all that much easier and everything from the room to the Buddha Restaurant in the Hotel were first class. Breakfast was included and excellent. Not a huge amount to choose from, but eggs any way you want them, pancakes, fresh warm rolls out of the wood oven every morning with home made jam and fresh juice always left me plenty full enough. The staff were all so friendly and attentive and we never had to look to far for another Bintang!!. I will definitely be back. Thanx to all!!

1  Thank Derek_Ahearn

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 4 or 5 days diving with Absolute in April 2012. Our experience with them was a bit of a mixed bag, here's the story (sorry it's long):

After speaking to multiple dive shops in town we chose them because they appeared professional and reasonably priced. REALLY nice facilities and equipment.

We dove Tulamben our first day - great.

The next (two?) days we spent doing local dives which were great despite a kind of scary incident. Although you have to initially set up and carry your own equipment to the boat, the men on the boat change your tanks for you between dives. It's hard to know who to lay the blame on but my boyfriends tank had a faulty o-ring. As soon as we got in the water it was leaking and I called it to multiple people's attention (a few instructors had the day off, so it was the two of us and multiple dive master/instructors) and every one of them said no big deal. We were diving the ferry channel, coincidentally, which means the ferry can go over at any minute. A few minutes after reaching bottom his tank begins leaking significantly. The nearest dive master looks a little panicked but we stayed calm and they shared air as we quickly swam out of the ferry channel and ascended. While it was scary I still had a hard time being mad at them, they handled it very well and offered us a credit towards another dive.

Next we took the speed boat (nice) to Nusa Lembongan in search of the Manta's. They told us we had a 99% chance of seeing them, but alas, our manta curse continued. But again, we couldn't be mad since you can't control nature. After that we were feeling a bit defeated and ready to head back. Although, another couple on the boat had planned to do 3 dives that day so we had to spend an extra couple hours on the boat (would have been nice if they told us this ahead of time).

Returning to Padang Bai mid-afternoon my boyfriend was sea-sick and we were both exhausted after a full day at sea. We said we would be back in a little while to settle our bill for the last few days, desperately needing a bit of rest and not having our credit card on us, and knowing the office was open late. They had a deposit, knew where we were staying, and I thought we had made some friends at the dive shop who trusted us. We had even planned to come back with our laptop to show them our diving photos and buy absolute scuba t-shirts! But things unfortunately ended a bit awkwardly. About a half hour later someone from the office came knocking on our door saying we had to come pay right NOW. Feeling like a criminal I got dressed and rushed over to pay. The same people who I thought were friends hours earlier were now treating me like a thief and were incredibly cold. To make things worse they forgot to apply our deposit so I had overpaid the amount of the deposit and had to go back and face them again. They were cooperative and refunded me, but the whole while made me feel like they had caught me trying to get away without paying.

In conclusion I WOULD still recommend them, I think they are probably the best in Padang Bai, but where I was expecting warm goodbyes I was disappointed with an awkward ending.

3  Thank bruke_dikler
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Diving in Bali is good, I think even underrated and Padang Bai is a good place to explore the beautyful dive sites of West Bali, including Nusa Penida, with big chances to see the Mola Mola (in season) and Manta’s al year. There are sites for every level, but which site you can dive depend on the conditions and certification level. Certain dive sites can better not visited around full moon because of the notorious currents that can occur.

Absolut Scuba is a professional IDC dive center and the pay attention to customer safety, which it’s not always the case with dive centers in Bali. They have their own compressors and nitrox is for free. They even arranged 15 liter tanks for my husband, because he is always running out of air pretty fast.

Since 2012, the center is under the management of Giovanni and Alena and they live at the Padang Bai Beach resort. So they are always around. Alena takes care of the reservations and I can tell you she also works in the evening to respond quickly to the questions of clients in Europe.

One big advantage of this dive center is that the dive centre is located in front of the beach. The staff bring the tanks to the boat. You just get dressed, take you weights and personal stuff and hop on the boat.

Absolute Scuba has a big speedboat for the more remote areas like Nusa Penida or bigger groups, or uses the jukungs for the local sites such as blue lagoon. Between the two dives water and coffee/tea is provided and quite often we had nice snacks (nuts etc). They also arrange trips to Talamben and Amed with their own bus and lunch. I can tell you this was the best bus we had so far in Bali.

They use both local and international dive masters and instructors. We always had max. 4 divers per dive master and I think their maximum is 6 pax per dive master. The dive masters were friendly and willing to show you the nice wonders of the Balinese underwater world.
After the dive just hop off from the boat en go straight to the showers to rinse yourself. They even provide you towels and shampoo. After the shower the equipment is brought back to rinse.

The center is located at the Padang Bai beach resort, so you can have a swim in the pool, enjoy a drink or have lunch or dinner after diving. Or you can stay in the resort, which we did. It's not the most top notch resort, but very convenient for divers.

I can only recommend this dive center. We spent 10 days there and had no complaints at all. It might not be the cheapest one around, but I’m willing to pay for quality.

1  Thank Channie-g
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We chose this shop for my 13 year old ocean-mad son to take his open water. I retook my advanced as I hadn't dove in years. We couldn't be happier with our decision.

The facility here is heads and tails better than any other dive shop. The training pool was specifically built for divers, where on one end it's got soak tubs for gear and showers for yourself, complete with fresh towel and shampoo. On the other end of the pool is a swim up bar with the coldest Bintang in Padangbai to swap dive stories. Equipment, from gear to the dive boat was all top notch.

Classes are very small. My son and one other fellow were in a class, so personal attention was the name of the game. Indra was his instructor and a more patient, knowledgeable and dedicated instructor would be hard to imagine. We ended up diving a total of 8 dives apiece as there's so much to see here.

If you are looking for a place to do some training that is professional, reasonably priced, safe and in a spectacular environment...look no further.

1  Thank Tim O
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We recently spent a few days diving with Absolute Scuba at Padang Bai. Everything was very professionally organised, equipment was of good quality and we felt very safe with Stefan and his team. We stayed at the resort and were there for Christmas where we were totally spoilt with a lavish Chrstmas day menu including succulent slow cooked turkey (best we've ever had). Nothing like a soothing massage at the spa to cap things off after a day of diving. Thanks to all at Absolute Scuba. Libby and Gavin, Australia

1  Thank Libby W