“Basic backpacker place with excellent service.”
Review of Marco Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Padangbai
Marco Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Padangbai B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just returned from a trip down to Padangbai. While I've been through it many times on my way to and from Sumbawa, I never spent a night there. I decided to see what Padangbai had to offer and was pleased with what I found. I picked the Marco Inn only because I happened to pull my motorcycle up in front of it to get my bearings. This family-run guest house is pretty basic: 10 rooms with fans, cold-water showers and Western-style toilet with a manual flush. For anyone who is looking for something plush, this in not for you. But, if you just want a room with a decent bed in a friendly atmosphere for a good price, then I recommend that you try the Marco Inn.

While the furniture and some of the walls have seen better days, everything works and the family is more than helpful with information. I was set to leave early in the morning to return home to Singaraja, but it was pouring rain. I was asked if I wanted breakfast even though it was an hour before the regular breakfast time. I told them no that I wanted to get traveling as soon as the rain let up. Jacob and his wife asked me several times about eating or at least having some coffee. I eventually settled for the banana pancake and coffee. I paid 100,000 for the room and didn't bother to bargain. I'll stop by there again on my next trip to Padangbai.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms get a nice breeze and have a bit of a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank drbrucepk

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Hi guys, reading some other reviews about this place I have to say: Yes, they have no Yakuzi!
It's a simple and basic guesthouse run by Jacob and his family. It's always a warm and happy coming back to this place - and it's cheap! Same standard like the others B&B guesthouses only cold water, basic breakfast and small rooms, but clean and nice!
If you get one of the 1st floor rooms: awesome view. It's in the middle of Padangbai but it's quiet (the entrance is not easy to find though it's directly and the seaside).
We love this place and every time we come to Padangbai we stay here - we also tried a lot of other guesthouses here. Our pick!

Room Tip: Rooms 1st floor - enjoy the view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Convenient for the price- the rooms are basic but the view from the rooftop garden is extremely pretty on a good weathered day. The place is generally clean, but it's a shame that there's no more yoga classes.
The price included a basic but yummy breakfast. The nearest beach is also a gem, away from the typical touristy beaches of Bali.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank lyana_witch
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Stayed here one night paying IDR 120,000 for a double, fan, cold-water including breakfast. Although it's a decent budget place and probably good value, we chose to move after the first night because it was a little too depressing for us. The rooms are small with a simple bed and basic washroom. Toilets are western, but manual flush. My biggest complaint was that there was no screens on the windows nor any mosquito nets on the beds which was a little nerve-wracking. Luckily the rooms didn't get too hot and we were fairly comfortable with few bugs bothering us. Overall it was an ok place to stay, with a convenient location in town. That said, go in expecting a basic budget place and you should be happy.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The Marco Inn is a very good example of what it is: a budget guest house. There is no airconditioning and the rest of the facilities are exactly as you would expect in this price bracket. It is clean and extremely cheap. Don't expect anything more than very basic facilities. Before our arrival we dealt with Carolina and she was wonderful, booking our fast boat tickets and airport transfers. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet her and I think the place may have changed hands. However the staff were lovely and very helpful. We used a driver recommended by Carolina for an airport transfer (I Ketut Wirta) and he was excellent - when we got back from the Gilis he was our driver for three days and he was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

this is a simple guest house with absolutely not frills or hot water, but its a terrific place to kick off your shoes and relax. You sign for any beers you take from the fridge and everyone seems honest and genuine. Room is ok size, nothing fancy but costs next to nothing and you are 30 seconds away from the beach and bars and two minutes away from the bus stop to Ubud. Dont be unrealistic about what you get for your money and you will love it and want to stay for days or weeks if you have time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Stayed for 1 night at Marco Inn. Expected basic guesthouse accommodation and that is what we got. Carolina was very helpful prior to our visit arranging our airport taxi transfer and fast boat to the Gili Islands. The room was very very basic indeed but for what we paid not sure what more could be expected. Breakfast was fine and the outside couryard is very nice. Yes, the noisy cockerals are a bit of a pain, but its ok if your tired enough! The location to the ferry port was the main positive, this is a good, cheap transit option enroute to the Gilis.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple