“Back again, and still great :)”
Review of Geko Dive

Geko Dive
Book In Advance
More Info
$50.00*
and up
4-Hour Padang Bai Small-Group Snorkeling Tour...
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Padangbai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Geko Dive first opened in June 1997. It is the longest operating dive centre in Padang Bai. Geko Dive has been a PADI Resort since 1998, and is now a PADI 5 Star Resort and TecRec facility. We are fortunate to have one of Bali's best dive staff. Together, the Geko Dive Team can guide and teach in Balinese, English, French, German, Spanish, Indonesian and Japanese. All of our dive guides are excellent divers, with years of working experience on Bali's dive sites. At the same time, SCUBA remains a passion first and foremost. Diving with Geko Dive has always been fun and serene. To make sure that it stays this way, we are not planning to get any bigger than we already are. Dive factories and diving in large herds are not things that the Geko Dive Team enjoys. Diving should be a personal experience! We therefore keep dive groups small (4 max and often less), with similarly experienced divers together. We believe all our guests deserve the ultimate diving adventure with utmost enjoyment and safety.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have just been visiting Geko Dive again, and it is still a great experience.
The staff is great and show huge responsibility for both you and your safety as a customer and the marine environment.
The staff were good at explaining the seasonal conditions and choosing some dive sites where the experience which didn't get influenced on the visibility that was a bit poor when I was there.
So thank you for this time, and I'll be back next year :-)

Hi Berit,
Thanks for this new review.
Are you coming back to visit us this year?
All the Geko Dive Team would love to dive with you again soon!

All reviews
"diving experience"
in 11 reviews
"made us feel"

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Absolutely great experience with Geko Dive.
4 unforgetable dives in Padang Bay and Tulamben.
Nice and proffesional staff to take you there and show you everything.
I really hope to see you again guys.
Keep on rockin´!!!!
GEKO RULES !!!!

GekoDiveBali, Manager at Geko Dive, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for the great review! We're so happy that you had such fantastic dives while you staid with us.

We do hope to see you in Padang Bai soon for more photos and fish action!

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I recently got my Open Water Dive cert with Geko Dive. My partner joined me on my open water dives as he already has his OWD cert and it was wonderful being just the two of us with my instructor Darta.

I was so nervous about getting my cert, but Darta was amazing. He was so encouraging and made me feel so comfortable and at ease. All the staff we met were so friendly and when we couldn't do our second day due to both of us having an upset tummy, there was no problem with rescheduling for a few days later.

We saw some amazing things during our dives, including a turtle (which is the one thing I really wanted to see) and an octopus that was not thrilled to see us and changed colour and texture when it thought we were drifting too close. We were very upset that due to being ill and having to reschedule, we didn't have time to do any more dives before flying home.

The only downside we had (nothing to do with the dive shop) was that we were staying in Ubud, so our driver had to pick us up at 7am. Next time we will make sure we stay in, or at least closer to, Padang Bai.

Hi Cpt_Schnookums,
Happy to hear that you Open Water Course went well!
Darta is indeed a great instructor and we are very happy to have him as part of the Geko Dive Team.
We do try to be flexible and to accommodate different needs. It's great to know that people appreciate our efforts.
You're right: staying in Padang Bai is great for diving! And you can always set a few days apart to stay in Ubud or in some of the other great places that Bali has to offer...

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We did our open water certification with Geko and the only thing we can do is strongly recommend Geko. We did 4 amazing dives with Cythia and we will definitely come back! To sum it up: safe, caring, quality equipment, fantastic service!!!

2  Thank Andreas541

Dear Andreas,
Thanks for the compliments! It does help to know that people appreciate what we do...