“Very overpriced, dirty and not pariculary helpful staff”

Bloo Lagoon Village
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Padangbai
Melbourne, Australia
“Very overpriced, dirty and not pariculary helpful staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights at Bloo Lagoon in April 2010. I had been travelling around Bali for almost one month and stayed in a number of different places ranging from quite cheap and basic to 5 star. This eco resort hotel is way overpriced, I managed to negotiate a lower price as it was the low season and after 3 days I was pleased to leave and felt it a waste of money. The pool is quite nice however it is more geared for children and I cannot imagine at peak season and trying to have a quiet swim! The warung by the pool was nice for very basic fresh food, again it was overpriced for the food offered. I have to say my Villa was very dirty even though it was cleaned each day. It was obviously done at a superficial level each day when it really needs a serious spring clean!! All the coffee cups were just so filthy as well as the cultlery, I could not use them. I live in the country and am used to living with some level of dirt and insects and animals, however when a green tree viper was delivered ( alive) to my villa by the local cat I was perturbed. The staff removed it ( without harm) however the staff and management never said a word to me about it? I was very disappointed with this resort and would add that the massage I received left a lot to be desired I had a better one on the beach for half the price. Finally I would like to say that I was very upset that upon checking out of the hotel I was not reminded by staff that I had my passport in the hotel safe and left it there. I returned to stay in Ubud and called as soon as I realised I had left it there. The hotel was most unhelpful, the staff said no one was comming to Ubud even though they have a sister resort in Ubud and regularly transport people to and from Ubud. I called every day for 2 days and finally went to the sister resort to see if something could be done! The manager there said that no one was comming to Ubud but when I finally offfered to pay someone, he prompty said yes someone would deliver it. I had to pay 200,000 rp and have since found out that a taxi would have deliverd it to the place I was staying at in Ubud for less that 100,000. I was given no receipt when I handed over the $ and felt that the staff just pocketed the money. So all in all I did not enjoy my stay at Bloo and could not recommend it to anyone. I hope that the management take note of my experince with my passport and adgust their attitude to guests who have issues such as this. However Padangbai is a lovey spot with great snorkling and warungs to eat at.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
gus-trisna, General Manager at Bloo Lagoon Village, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience while you stayed at our resort. We appreciate your comment about our services and we will make sure to remedy the shortcomings you mentioned in your review. As far as we can ascertain from our records you paid only $100 a night for a whole ocean view villa including as much as you can eat good breakfast. We are sorry that you forgot your passport and that you did not get the taxi money returned immediately as the manager in Ubud was taking his day off when you were there. He had planned to get the taxi to go to Padangbai to get your passport but canceled as fortunately one of our cars was going to Ubud on that day. The regular price for a taxi from Ubud to Padangbai is 250,000 not 100,000.
We will refund the money you gave to our manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

This is not the place for those who are squimish about insects & frogs. We arrived late on a raining night to find that there was a power outage. We treked to our assigned hut using a torch light. The shower and toilet were out in the open so there was no way to clean up. In the sunshine the next day, things looked a lot nicer. There was a lovely view of the bay and the living room was spacious. The bedroom was the only air-conditioned area. Interesting incidents occurred during our stay including flying ants inundating our toilet, cats surrounding us as we ate fish by the pool, side-stepping dozens of frogs as we walked around the hotel grounds, etc.
The hotel is located in East Bali, away from the buzz of tourists. This is an interesting place for those 'into' eco-friendly accomodation and suitable if you want to get away from it all. However, it is relatively far from the cultural site and crafts as well as from the well-known beaches. The Bloo Lagoon is nice for snokeling but needs a 5 min walk down the hill. It's an experience but I would not want to repeat it again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank E.S.Goh
Copenhagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

Me and my friend stayed at Bloo Lagoon for 4 nights, and its one of the best places I have ever been. The staff is sweet, location/view is beautiful, the houses amazing and then comes the biggest, best and lovely pool.. what a place
Everybody owes themself to go check out Bloo Lagoon !!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ScubaRoker
Leer, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed at the Bloo Lagoon for two nights in July. The place looks nice at first view, but after two days it's definitely enough. There are only open villas located on top of the hill. Because it's quite hilly some villas are on higher ground than others. That means, that there is not a lot of privacy. The bathrooms are open air, just surrounded by a wall. Tall people can overlook these walls easily from other villas. We could look into the next villas living room from our kitchen. The view of the ocean wasn't great. There were many mosquitoes especially after dark. You could only be under the mosquito net.
The restaurant is basic and more expensive than in town. The pool looks nice, but is quite small and more a playground for kids than for swimming. There are better and chaeper places with nicer pools in town.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2009

My wife and I recently had an enjoyable stay at Bloo Lagoon Resort while scuba diving in Bali. It’s a newer eco development located next to Padang Bay in the East part of the Island. We stayed in a Villa that had panoramic ocean views even from the large bath tub. This place has about 2 dozen individual Villa’s in different sizes with minimalist open air designs and thatch grass roofs that made us feel like we were in a REAL tropical place. We enjoyed their large unique swimming pool and restaurant that served food with organic vegetables grown on the property. For us this place was also a short walk to the dive shop for our dive trips or to the Blue Lagoon beach. Nice quiet place that’s also in the right place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Padangbai
Candi Beach Resort & Spa
Alila Manggis
Alila Manggis
#1 of 8 in Manggis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,090 reviews

Been to Bloo Lagoon Village? Share your experiences!